GTP_WRS Week 122: Enzo Would Approve

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 126 comments
S2 is killing me.

Any tips?

I feel I'm losing lots of time through s2 especially turn 13 and 14 (fagnes chicane) and turn 11... any advice?

Both are S2 so...

Bear in mind it's such a long sector that gaps are naturaly going to be bigger in a time sense ( same in a percentage sense to other tracks )
But keeping smooth and high momentum is important particularly in a gr4 car. Easy to lose a few MPH on the entry to the left before pouhon and keeping tight to the inside on the exit of pouhon gains a surprising amount of time.

Some more laps here but with a wheel with no gearing issues this time 👍 Not a massive improvement but will find some more before the end ;)

1'05.860
BB-3

Here's a T1 vid from my new best lap so far for whoever can make use of it :)

Good Luck to all still racing this! :cheers:

Will crack on with this tomorrow feel like a right buffoon though just watched mr P first sector and realise why I was struggling for time haha
I was fighting like hell and trying to keep 2 wheels on the tarmac at top of the hill not realising could straight line it alot more, losing time all the way down the straight.
I'm assuming can straight line it even more than in the vid? As long as 2 wheels in contact with rumble strip?

May scrape the rust off myself some time this year and wake up!

Will crack on with this tomorrow feel like a right buffoon though just watched mr P first sector and realise why I was struggling for time haha
I was fighting like hell and trying to keep 2 wheels on the tarmac at top of the hill not realising could straight line it alot more, losing time all the way down the straight.
I'm assuming can straight line it even more than in the vid? As long as 2 wheels in contact with rumble strip?

May scrape the rust off myself some time this year and wake up!

Ah dude that will cost you tonnes of time! Yeah you can relatively straight line it like you said as long as two wheels stay on the red and yellow kerb. Now go and destroy my split times :lol: :cheers:

@DerDoc I'd reccomend watching Mr P video for S1, it's the fastest way through there

I was fighting like hell and trying to keep 2 wheels on the tarmac at top of the hill not realising could straight line it alot more, ...... As long as 2 wheels in contact with rumble strip?
I have the same prob. In the german forum we have the "White-line-rule" - everything outside of that line is considered offtrack
I've been following that rule for a couple of years now which makes it really difficult for me not to obey that :nervous:

It's been a while since i did a TT so need some clarification.

I tried to use as much space on the right side just before blanchimon the tire is still barely touching the white line. Clean or dirty? Is the white line considered track or isn't this part of the track

It's been a while since i did a TT so need some clarification.

I tried to use as much space on the right side just before blanchimon the tire is still barely touching the white line. Clean or dirty? Is the white line considered track or isn't this part of the track
No white line rule this week, but the green stuff is not track.

Contact patch of tire on the line is OK, but would ask you not submit something that will take a lot of time to verify.

Race Specifics (Rules for This Specific Event):
  • Red and Yellow Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.
  • The Green Bollards at the apexes of several corners may be hit. They are fair game.
  • No contact with Walls visible or invisible.

Horror T1 followed by my fastest T2 so far and an okay T3. Funny thing is i seem to be in the proces of improving overall laptime by thousandths. While i can easily sea tenths to be gained. guess thats what makes spa fun, its difficult to get it all in one lap.

1:06.272

EDK
No white line rule this week, but the green stuff is not track.

Contact patch of tire on the line is OK, but would ask you not submit something that will take a lot of time to verify.

Race Specifics (Rules for This Specific Event):
  • Red and Yellow Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.
  • The Green Bollards at the apexes of several corners may be hit. They are fair game.
  • No contact with Walls visible or invisible.
Won't submit it. but i was doubting myself if it would be clean. I got something way faster now ;)

1:06.674

Hi Guys,

Is it faster to hit the bollards?
I'm finding they slow the car down a bit and they don't get snapped off so they are still there on the next lap!
That being said you can really cut the corners a fair bit more so it still may be worth it?

Fun combo though! 👍

Back