full

Nürburgring 24h

:: Open to All GTPlanet Registry Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Overview (How Does This Work?):
  • You must be part of our registry to participate
  • These are Time Trial Events, we have Online Races here
  • Pick one of the three cars you'd like to do the Time Trial with
  • You can only use and submit a time for 1 car (the other 2 cars are discarded)
  • Set the game up according to the event, car and track details below
  • Save Your BEST LAP replay before exiting your session
  • Be sure and run at least 10 extra seconds after setting your fast lap. If you exit right away, your time stamp may not show up in your replay.
  • Report your split times in here, so you can compare your pace to other racers, without revealing the full lap time
  • Our leaderboard shows how you stack up during the week, before the deadline
  • Submit your lap via PM to our Fetchbot, before the event deadline
  • On deadline day, we will publish the results in our leaderboard and in a thread in this section
  • Identified replays will be checked by your fellow participants to be sure you meet the event regulations
full

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Time Trial
  • Track: Nürburgring 24h
  • Car Type: Garage Car
  • Make: Porsche
  • Model: 919 Hybrid (Porsche Team) '16 / 911 RSR (991) '17 / Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16
  • Max Power HP: 500BHP (stock) / 509BHP (stock) / 379BHP (stock)
  • Weight: 875 kg(stock) / 1243 kg(stock) / 1300kg(stock)
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Racing Hard (front and rear)
  • Driving Line, Cones, Markers: Optional
  • Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Prohibited. Brake Balance, TCS & ABS adjustments are allowed
  • In-Race Multi-Function Display (MFD) Functions: Optional
  • Custom Wheels: Allowed
  • Paint and Racing #: Livery editor allowed
Course Settings:
  • Time: Optional

full

Standard Clean OLR Rules (These Apply to ALL Events):
  • The event MUST be run using your registered PSN account
  • The use of the clutch is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
Race Specifics (Rules for This Specific Event):
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.
Steward's Comments:
This event is the brain child of @PASM and @GTP_Dutchy . The TT combo is also the platform for a 2.4 hour online special event at the same track.

The WRS turns 15 today, the first TT was posted exactly 15 years ago today. I am personally proud to have been a participant and organizer in this series for more than 10 years, and the participants themselves are what make the WRS what it is. Thanks to all of you for showing up every week and supporting our series.

For this event, you will have your choice of cars, and results will be posted separately for each class. So don't be concerned that you need to use the 919 to post a top time, but instead simply compete against others in your class. Please keep in mind that the leaderboard is not equipped to handle multiple classes, so the times will be intermingled. It will be helpful if you can post the car you are using along with your splits.

All of these cars fit the track like a glove. It's appropriate that we use our anniversary celebration to welcome Porsche to Gran Turismo and use the Nurburgring for the first time on GT Sport as well.

Get some laps in, have fun, and be sure to check out the details for our online special event!

Some comments from GTP_Dutchy:
GTP_Dutchy
A few weeks ago, I saw @PASM practicing with an LMP1 on the ring and I thought it was absolutely insane. But then i gave it a try and saw how addictive the combo was.

A truly epic combo combing old with new. Multi class cars and therefore a great suit for every driver whether you're just starting out and don't know the ring that well, or you're an seasoned vet that's looking for a challenge this big celebratory event has everything to give you your fix.

We wish everyone a nice anniversary event with lots of joy and good track action. On to the next 15 years of online awesomeness!

Viewing Your Sector Times:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Library' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replays' option.
  • While viewing your Replay, enter the live timing screen to view your sector 1 and sector 2 splits. You will need to do this after your car has passed the second split location.
  • Simply post the splits that are shown in the live timing screen, and our Fetchbot will parse them and add them together for your total sector time.
  • When saving your fastest lap replay please ensure that you watch the replay to the end and that it displays your full lap time. Any replays submitted that do not show the posted lap time will result in a DQ.
(Best Lap Replay Save)

full

Thread Rules:
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on Skype or via other private IM service.):
  • Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
  • If you choose to Share your Best-Lap Replay via GT Sport before the deadline, expect the full lap time to be public, regardless of whether you've only shared with Friends or Public.
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • The first 9 sectors: T1 through T9 times
  • Any settings discussion
full

Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 13 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
  • Please submit your FULL LAP TIME in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X:XX.XXX
    (Example-) 1:10.100
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • Please also send a PM to Vaxen and EDK, with only the car you used in the event (no lap times in this PM).
  • For those of you who were used to submitting replays on GT6, we no longer have the ability to export the files.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • The deadline is Monday, February 26th, 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site
full

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:

• Division winners and overperformers will be required to submit a replay via GT Sport Share function for verification AFTER Unofficial Results have been posted.
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video/Youtube/Twitch replays are not accepted as a form of verification
Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

full

Last edited:
Get in! Can't wait to get going with this one! Only going to be able to make the feature race so need to get my car choice sorted quickly as well!

Grinning like a Cheshire cat here! :D :D :D :D
Hey Andrew, please do give the qually part on the online event a thorough read since everyone competing in the feature race needs to attend a mandatory Qually session.

Let me know if you have any questions after that.

I don't really know what the deal is going to be on the results... if you don't have a top tier runner in each class its gonna skew the results and the handicaps...

Hey Andrew, please do give the qually part on the online event a thorough read since everyone competing in the feature race needs to attend a mandatory Qually session.

Let me know if you have any questions after that.

I'm going to be in Switzerland or on my back from the airport when the qualification races are happening.... No possible solution at all please?

I don't really know what the deal is going to be on the results... if you don't have a top tier runner in each class its gonna skew the results and the handicaps...
You'd be surprised, not every fast guy is going to pick the fastest car.

We did it before, back in week 63 of GT5, also tied to a special event.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT5/week/63/

Twissy and Yanaran were at the top on the Prototype, but Turismo Lester was there to lead the GT Class, and he's no slouch.

Besides that, you would also be surprised at the way the board takes the results variance into account.

Get in! Can't wait to get going with this one! Only going to be able to make the feature race so need to get my car choice sorted quickly as well!

Grinning like a Cheshire cat here! :D :D :D :D
We will have races on the 24th, 28th and the 3rd before the main event. Will you be gone on all of those dates?

Thought I'd post splits on my first clean lap (which took me about an hour). :lol:

Cayman.

A happy coincidence with the 15th Anniversary choice of combo for me. My first official WRS TT was week 26 of GT6, but I had been competing *in the shadows* for a few weeks before that and my first unofficial WRS TT was Week 22, BRZ at Nurburgring 24h. I recall that my finishing time was in the D3 Silver class and I was exceedingly happy with that.:)

Happy anniversary WRS! You seem to be in pretty good hands :)

After the ring rats sessions today, I had to have a go at this. So after 2x4 race laps, did only 2 TT laps, but already pretty happy with the time.

Running Gr3 and still not good with those, so got TC on 2. So far bb on 0.

Happy birthday WRS :cheers:
Been here since 2011 and have loved every minute of it. I consider many people here my friends (You know who you are lol) and the fact they are fast, squeaky clean racers is just a bonus.
Ah, yeah, if you know me, you know Nurburgring is where I live :D

Latest Posts

Back