GTP_WRS Week 14 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 143 comments
EDK
I'm going to ask for a second opinion on this one. Will have one of the PAL region admins check it.

Contact is contact. There have been DQ's for a mirror scraping a wall in WRS before.
Wasn't mirror clipping allowed on one replay from the First Stop of the Grand Tour in the tunnel?

Edit: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198055&page=5
See post 96. I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds but that example was still clear in my mind.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was me, that's why I gave benefit of the doubt, but I'll let EDK handle it.

Wasn't mirror clipping allowed on one replay from the First Stop of the Grand Tour in the tunnel?

Edit: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198055&page=5
See post 96. I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds but that example was still clear in my mind.

In that case, I'll let Hugo have a look. :sly:

In all seriousness, it just seemed that he may still have been in doubt, and I would prefer to remove that doubt by having an admin take a look.

I hope there is someone in the "NTSC" who can review my replay 👍
GTP_LeftyWright69 -
picture.php

7:09.413 - Squeaky Clean - correct name. 👍

I can't tell if you're afraid of the track, or unfamiliar with it, either is understandable. I would suggest using more track. (getting closer to the outside before entering turns, etc) I also noticed you had a habit of overturning, mainly on exit, and going nowhere near the edge of the track.
My top tip would be use more partial braking when entering, possibly use the driving line feature to learn the ways of the track, there's no shame in it, I did it with every track in GT5, and it helped me massively. 👍
To be honest I still use it most of the time, just because I can't be bothered to turn it off, and the good thing is, when I don't use it, I still know where to brake, turn, etc.

Hope none of that's to offensive, just hoping to help. :cheers:

Last edited:
Ok, as posted before, because of my switch to a new machine, the replays don't show up in replay theatre anymore.

Small update: Weirdly, I can see the replays in Arcade mode and load them as ghosts, but not in replay theatre so I could export them.

That means I cannot prove...

a) that I really did my time (I could make a screenshot of the leaderboard, but that's no proof as images can be doctored), and...

b) that the time was clean.

Guess the rules say I have to be DSQ, even if it was force majeure. (It hurts, man!)

If I may post my thoughts even though I am no race steward. I missed the discussion from the Eiger WRS and I am somewhat surprised to read Hugo's (nice name, my youngest boy has the same) verdict. Allowing wall contact, with or without any drop in speed is really opening up a bucket of worms. To my knowledge it has never been allowed before and I honestly don't understand why it should be. Contact is contact and when it's not even an invisiwall it seems very easy to me to judge. If a drop in speed is needed as well then there will be many more cases that will be nearly impossible to decide upon. (sorry Enigma, and poolhaas, but that is how I feel it should be.)

GTP_lownsey: your time on the results table was a 7'07.730, but your replay has a 7'08.845.
Maybe you've zipped the wrong one.

GTP_LeftyWright69 - :gtpflag:
:lol: I have no idea how people get green flags up.
7:09.413 - Squeaky Clean - correct name. 👍

I can't tell if you're afraid of the track, or unfamiliar with it, either is understandable.

I was just trying to not make any mistakes and driving in my conservative approach to the track is all about the bigger picture, imagine if you were in a real Ring race in a real car you would take less chances and try not to get into any trouble.

I would suggest using more track. (getting closer to the outside before entering turns, etc) I also noticed you had a habit of overturning, mainly on exit, and going nowhere near the edge of the track.

Oh sure I could have pushed the edges more on entry but again it has to do w/ the exposure time for a single lap, nothing sukz like putting in 6+ minutes and then screw up the last couple of turns by touching something or running OB.

My top tip would be use more partial braking when entering, possibly use the driving line feature to learn the ways of the track, there's no shame in it, I did it with every track in GT5, and it helped me massively. 👍
To be honest I still use it most of the time, just because I can't be bothered to turn it off, and the good thing is, when I don't use it, I still know where to brake, turn, etc.

I always run w/ the DL and I’m an Auto-Tard, I hate blowing shifts so Kaz shifts for me ……. :lol:

Hope none of that's to offensive, just hoping to help. :cheers:

Thankz for the good review, I love to get feed back to my efforts because flawless laps are what I'm all about. I hate being a victim of a track and always strive to build up my portfolio of tracks that I can run clean.

Last edited:
GTP_lownsey: your time on the results table was a 7'07.730, but your replay has a 7'08.845.
Maybe you've zipped the wrong one.

So how does something like this work?? I remember when I submited the wrong time and it was just not even close to anything that could be considerd a typo. I think my submission was deemed invaled or something like that. I don't want to come off like I'm muk raking or anything but can someone please speak to this issue, Thankzz ....... Lefty

Maybe he zipped the wrong replay, I always keep 2 or 3 myself.
But if it isn't I don't really know what will happen, just judging laps here. :)

Sorry guys, I did the lap on the wrong account. Should I upload it though?

:odd: Rule's state that you must use your GTP_ account. If the time you have submitted is on another account, sorry, but DQ :rolleyes:

No Offence

If you've told it in the first place instead of hoping no one would notice it, maybe it would have worked.

EDK
I'm going to ask for a second opinion on this one. Will have one of the PAL region admins check it.

Contact is contact. There have been DQ's for a mirror scraping a wall in WRS before.

I've checked the replay and IRL Enigma would have probably lost his right hand mirror, but as the datalogger shows no drop whatsoever we'll have to regard it as clean.

But please submit a real clean lap in the future. You've lost a mirror and that is not in the spirit of WRS which advocates clean racing 👍

foto1by.jpg

OK, thanks for checking Joost, I didn't examine the last corner that closely when submitting due to there being no indication of any contact when I drove the lap (as you have shown with the data logger) using bumper cam.

I will try to be more carefull when checking before submission in the future.

Yes, Mignun is correct. The rules clearly state:

The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account

This, plus the fact that the time of the replay does not match the submitted time leaves us no choice but to DQ the run. Sorry mate, please make sure to use the correct account and submit the correct replay next time!

rflagnv1.gif
GTP_lownsey29

Sorry for any confusion I have caused. It's a shame because the first week I do well in I run the lap on the wrong account! I definitely won't be making this mistake again!

EDIT: Just to clear things up, the time I submitted to the WRS Fetchbot was one I had accidentally run on my normal account. (I didn't know this when I submitted) When I went to submit the replay I chose the fastest one from my GTP_ account believing it was the same lap I had submitted to the WRS Fetchbot.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a shame as it was a nice solid podium place. But fortunately it will probably only happen to you once :)

Keep it up 👍

Back