GTP_WRS Week 14 : Sjaak's Hyperbool of fun

• Thread starter Argon
  • 270 comments

This is one of the weirdest cars I've ever driven, but I somehow managed to make a decent setup (for me at least)

90 mm / 90 mm
1.70 Hz / 1.75 Hz
4 / 4 ARB
62 / 64 Damper Comp
93 / 93 Damper Ext
3.2° / 1.5° Camber
0.04° Out / 0.10° In Toe

9 In. Torque
12 Acc. Sens.
8 Dec. Sens.

Transmission:
-reset to "default" transmission
-install the custom transmission again
-final gear to 5.000

19:469
13:776

Just a quick question, can 4 wheels be allowed to run up on the green or would that count as invalid coming out of the 3rd corner? I could gain a little extra time if so.
CCADF317-3F1F-4C8E-B37F-3B7F2530F16B.jpeg
Using EDK’s tune for this accept for the gear ratio, nice tune up 👍

Last edited:
19:469
13:776

Just a quick question, can 4 wheels be allowed to run up on the green or would that count as invalid coming out of the 3rd corner? I could gain a little extra time if so.

Using EDK’s tune for this accept for the gear ratio, nice tune up 👍
All 4 on the green would be dirty.

But I guess you HAD2 ask :lol: sorry, couldn't help myself.

@RPM yeah I know what you mean, did a few laps today, but feeling a bit rough now so in bed.

Problem is in bed at 8 I'll be up before the birds.

EDK
I tried to solve a lot of that with the tune I made.
I tried following your tranny setup, but can't get 3rd-6th gears set to your settings. Any suggestions ED?
Thanks in advance.!

I tried following your tranny setup, but can't get 3rd-6th gears set to your settings. Any suggestions ED?
Thanks in advance.!
Do the steps in the order I gave. You can either reset the transmission to default, or change it to a standard and then back to fully custom, either will reset it.

From there, it's very important to first move the final drive slider all the way right, and then move the top speed slider all the way left.

Once you have done those two steps, you make the adjustments to the gears as I have outlined, including the final drive.

If you try doing it out of order, the gear spacing gets reset and you can't get the ratios this close.

EDK
Do the steps in the order I gave. You can either reset the transmission to default, or change it to a standard and then back to fully custom, either will reset it.

From there, it's very important to first move the final drive slider all the way right, and then move the top speed slider all the way left.

Once you have done those two steps, you make the adjustments to the gears as I have outlined, including the final drive.

If you try doing it out of order, the gear spacing gets reset and you can't get the ratios this close.
Ok the setup instructions were out of order for the Tranny, this how it was posted:

Trans
Fully custom
Top speed far right
Final far left

Set

4650 final, shift at 75 percent. Splits in next post.

Ok the setup instructions were out of order for the Tranny, this how it was posted:

Trans
Fully custom
Top speed far right
Final far left

Set

4650 final, shift at 75 percent. Splits in next post.
Sorry about that, that's what I get for posting from phone while trying to tune. :lol:

I will update my tune posts, and if you do it the way I said in response to you, it should work. 👍

Now this is more like it. Will be spending some time on this one this afternoon/evening.
Targets from looking at the board, 19.4 and 13.6 for now.
Normal progression as usual. Set a stock time, steal @EDK's tune, set a better time, completely screw up the tune in an effort to be clever, return to edk's tune!

Fired up hot-lapping StigsTC for a 30 minute blast tonight and just ignored car setup, drove much better when I wasn't trying to over analyse everything and just focus on lines and getting the power down cleanly. Really like where the car is but as always there is more improvement in both car and driver, particularly struggling for consistency in turn 3 and turn 6, however improvements were made over last night.

Lets
Go.

Using stock suspension and @EDK tranny setting's with a BB of +4. Car feels awesome. Like @StigsTC said though, it's a lot better to focus on getting the power down smoothly instead of all at once at the apex of turn's. I'm back in the gas before the apex of every turn but it has to be gradual. Turn 3 is hurting me though. Can't find the right line thru it.

@StigsTC you are nailing Turn 1 dude 👍 I haven't came close to a .0 first sector yet.
What is your braking point for turn 1? I'm braking at that last white block with the pause (||) symbol on it.

Using stock suspension

@StigsTC you are nailing Turn 1 dude 👍 I haven't came close to a .0 first sector yet.
What is your braking point for turn 1? I'm braking at that last white block with the pause (||) symbol on it.
You are making me re-think my suspension options running so close on a stock suspension :lol:. Probably should test Gear Master EDK's ratios as well.
The braking markers count down: III (3), II (2) I (Last board) and I think are at 50 yard increments, although it could be meters as the difference is only 5m. For turn 1 I'm braking just before the II (2) board, and then willing the car to the apex, then just hoping it stays on the road after that lol.

Back