ARB 10/10
Comp 61/61
Ext 91/91
Camber 2.0/2.2
Toe -.04/+.22
Diff 8/15/9
BB +4 TC 0

Need to try EDK’s transmission setup.

Using 5th gear for turn one and 3rd gear for turn two. Easy on the gas just before the apex, especially turn three.

My stock time was awful. Couldn't resist a little tinker.

Will now try the edk tune and see if I can figure out how to take Graham's faster.

First splits for me, using @EDK tune:

I can definitely go faster, but it isn't easy keeping the rear on the road... Seems to be quite tail happy...

I must be driving wrong, I am fighting understeer way more then oversteer. And I am using EDK setup.

First splits for me, using @EDK tune:

I can definitely go faster, but it isn't easy keeping the rear on the road... Seems to be quite tail happy...
The tweak I would start with is ride height in the rear. Lower=Tighter, so if you drop that down some, it would help with the taily nature.

I made a setup to try and get the car to turn, the throttle on oversteer is a side effect.

First couple of laps just to get a banker

Definitely resembled more of a drift run than a time trial.

DXEErjxW4AEzx6N.jpeg

I need to start getting some more laps in on this. I got used to being near the top of the board last week, being back down near the bottom just isn’t good enough anymore :ouch:

Besides @Never2fast1 is too many places above me for my liking so that needs rectifying :odd:

:lol::lol::lol:

I have only run 65 laps, but it is nice to finally be in front of you for a change. :lol::lol: It has been too long. You will need to really step it up this week, because I am setting my sights on @munch2112 and he is too far in front of me right now for my liking. I may need to tweak @EDK setup so that it better fits my driving style, once I do that (which will take forever, I am a bad tuner) I am shooting for top 25. I will enjoy looking at you from my mirrors @Nerazzurri :D:gtpflag:

After doing over 120km around the Nordschleife without a clean lap on the last weeks combo, I decided I shall stay away from the non-tunables as they just weren't that fun to drive for me.

This week is completely different, as I got a base tune done quite quickly and could start running laps with slight tinkering in between.
... if only the driver could be improved with slight tinkering as well :D

Hi all. Just recently bought GT Sport and after trying the different modes of the game I decided I don't like online racing but I definitely like spending half an evening on improving my laptime on a set track. Finding this thread allows me to also make this a bit more of a competitive challenge which is probably adding even more fun. I am playing with a controller and I have a ton to learn I am sure but ok. Best result so far: 19.708, 14.678.

I believe I registered correctly and should be eligible for this event now, if not let me know please.

Hi all. Just recently bought GT Sport and after trying the different modes of the game I decided I don't like online racing but I definitely like spending half an evening on improving my laptime on a set track. Finding this thread allows me to also make this a bit more of a competitive challenge which is probably adding even more fun. I am playing with a controller and I have a ton to learn I am sure but ok. Best result so far: 19.708, 14.678.

I believe I registered correctly and should be eligible for this event now, if not let me know please.

Welcome to the WRS and your first TT. You are good to go and if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to post your split times as often as you wish. We really don't mind double or even triple posts in this part of the site.

:cheers:

I have only run 65 laps, but it is nice to finally be in front of you for a change. :lol::lol: It has been too long. You will need to really step it up this week, because I am setting my sights on @munch2112 and he is too far in front of me right now for my liking. I may need to tweak @EDK setup so that it better fits my driving style, once I do that (which will take forever, I am a bad tuner) I am shooting for top 25. I will enjoy looking at you from my mirrors @Nerazzurri :D:gtpflag:

I’m looking forward to seeing you both @Never2fast1 qnd @Nerazzurri in my mirrors all week! :cool:

I’ve not been able to run since Sunday, and might not get another chance until Sunday coming! So get those laps in!

Went back to stock setup with EDK gears and saw a nice leap in performance but struggled with power understeer.

Thought I'd give shoenboggie's tune ago but with some tweaks to the toe settings to give me better turn in, along with BB-1, and started to see some good improvements. Have seen a .2 and a .4, but a good session none the less. Turn 2 is the tricky one for me.

Feels so strange to time trial such a short circuit now. Its a track I always avoid (GP version is good), simply because I haven't learned it, so happy to run it in the WRS :). I like the car, mine already as over 1000 km on it from sports races.

First session, all stock, 50 km

I'll run the shared setups in my next session as I still haven't learned it.

I’m looking forward to seeing you both @Never2fast1 qnd @Nerazzurri in my mirrors all week! :cool:

I’ve not been able to run since Sunday, and might not get another chance until Sunday coming! So get those laps in!

Challenge accepted my friends! :mischievous:

Welcome to WRS :gtpflag:
Like you I’m more of a time attack kind of driver than an online racer & when I found this forum I was excited to test myself against some amazing drivers.
All the tips I’ve learnt from other members have improved my ability massively and the friendly competiveness here keeps pushing you to improve every week. You’ll soon be as addicted as the rest of us :lol:

Let me warn you... you must be careful with this WRS stuff. It can be very addictive! It can cause you to start neglecting things, like... sport mode, the "honey do list", the other forums on GTP...

Btw, if you want to check the leaderboard... check here

When posting your splits, I believe you need to post in the following format for it to show on the leaderboard

XX.XXX
XX.XXX

One more thing... scroll the thread and look for tips and tunes from other drivers. We all help eachother out. Even @Nerazzurri and @Never2fast1, whom are fierce rivals, help eachother. Looks like they are adding @munch2112 to their rivalry.... hmm, this could be even more fun to watch :cheers:.

Good luck and welcome to the WRS!:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back