GTP_WRS Week 14 : Sjaak's Hyperbool of fun

• Thread starter Argon
  • 270 comments
That OPT is taunting me at the moment. I keep doing some awesome times (for me) in the first two sectors and then ballsing up that final corner. Or following up a less than inspiring lap with a blistering (for me) final turn. :banghead:

Hence my splits are only slightly improved, while I've managed to find a quarter of a second at the line.

I love this combination.

Using my own (crappy) settings with Kevin's transmission. Losing time in all the usual places where Brands hates me. :boggled: Gonna try a couple of the posted tunes and see if anything works.

Or if anyone has a general suggestion what to tweak so the back stays under me when I let off the brakes I'll happily take the advice! Trying to be less rubbish at tuning. :D

Switched to @shoenboggie setup with @EDK transmission. That was money for me. Ran a 50 lap stint, half of the laps were faster than previous best. Ended up knocking .7 off my best lap. Hopefully I can post splits in morning, maintenance locked me out of my library. I saw multiple 19.4xx S1, which is flying for me. Of course my best lap didnt have any of those times in it.:banghead:

Using my own (crappy) settings with Kevin's transmission. Losing time in all the usual places where Brands hates me. :boggled: Gonna try a couple of the posted tunes and see if anything works.

Or if anyone has a general suggestion what to tweak so the back stays under me when I let off the brakes I'll happily take the advice! Trying to be less rubbish at tuning. :D

The solution is simple, Racing super softs (please don't tho :P) :lol::lol::lol:

More running again and made no real improvement with the car, still struggling in the same ways and in the same places, however apparently I started doing something right.

Gotta love it when a magic turn 1, becomes an awesome sector 1, which if followed up by a great sector 2, and then... a super underwhelming last corner to only improve 0.03 >.<
This shall be a long week chasing every last hundredth swapping between begging and thrashing the car to get the time.

As Sjaak suggested, I am trying different ride heights (lower in the back) and that has helped with turn one and two, improved (.400) at the line. Turn three is a mystery and getting it right. Very easy to mess up the entry speed, steering inputs, throttle management on exit.

New splits for me, leaving (.100-.200) on the table.

My tune-
BB -2
TC 0
Rh- 80/80
Freq- 2.05/1.95
ARB- 8/7
DC- 66/64
DR- 96/94
C- 1.3/1.7
Toe- Out 0.15/In 0.22

LSD- 5/10/20

Transmission in mph because I can't remember how I got to these figures, I just fiddled until it fitted!

1st 50
2nd 68
3rd 86
4th 101
5th 118
6th 146

Final 5500

Regarding T3/Grahams. I may be wrong (please tell me!) it seems far more important to nail the entry, use the rumble to the right on entry, just a skosh, half a tyre, and cut the inside, power on from apex or before if you're E.T. I downshift to 3rd on my setup. Will play with holding 4th. Use however much track you need but no more on exit.
You never know, it might help someone? :lol:

Regarding T3/Grahams. I may be wrong (please tell me!) it seems far more important to nail the entry, use the rumble to the right on entry, just a skosh, half a tyre, and cut the inside, power on from apex or before if you're E.T. I downshift to 3rd on my setup. Will play with holding 4th. Use however much track you need but no more on exit.
You never know, it might help someone? :lol:
I was just about to ask what gear people were using through T3, and how they were attacking it. :lol: I'm leaving it in 4th for the moment, and trying to get an entry line that allows me to get on the gas as early as possibly without losing traction. Nothing slows you down more than getting even a little sideways out of that corner. :banghead:

I was just about to ask what gear people were using through T3, and how they were attacking it. :lol: I'm leaving it in 4th for the moment, and trying to get an entry line that allows me to get on the gas as early as possibly without losing traction. Nothing slows you down more than getting even a little sideways out of that corner. :banghead:

I have been downing shifting it to 3rd, helps slow me down and when I hit it right I get a hell of a run down the straight. I usually am not fast but I have seen a couple 13.5xx in this section, that is E.T. like for me. :lol:

Will do few laps later, just gonna show up my ride for this week TT ^^

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180301005629.png

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180301005644.png

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180301005703.png

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180301005822.png

I have been downing shifting it to 3rd, helps slow me down and when I hit it right I get a hell of a run down the straight. I usually am not fast but I have seen a couple 13.5xx in this section, that is E.T. like for me. :lol:

I’ve been dropping to 3rd too! Might have to give staying in 4th a try, but I’m not convinced it’ll give me the acceleration onto the straight that I need

Back