• Power: 395 BHP
  • Weight: 1560 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Downforce: Optinal
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S3
  • Performance Points: 600
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

weeka15ae0.jpg

Race Specifics:

• Follow the power / weight numbers on the picture above.
  • The green painted concrete next of the rumbles is part of the track
  • G25 Clutch is prohibited
  • Use your GTP_Tag

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • run-off areas are not part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 15 Submission ) to (Sphinx):

• you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • the deadline is Monday 16 February 11:59pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers ,named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

p1170295aan2.jpg

Picture taken on last years DTM event, Circuit Park Zandvoort - Nederland

Good luck,
Sjaak:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Well I've got half-term from Friday onwards, so I look forward to learning Suzuka properly! Not driven the R8 in GT5:P, so should be good.

I lay down the gauntlet so to speak, first laps:

0'58.911
1'47.844

The R8 is great fun to drive in GT5:P I can't help think that they got the physics right for this car though, it doesn't seem realistic, although I haven't driven the R8 so what do I know...

Wow, brolly dollies are nice, can I get one of them if I win? :sly:

Early laps.

1'46.863

👍

Last edited:
My first tries resulted in:

T1: 0'59.930
T2: 1'49.699

T1 58.897
T2 1'47.651

The R8 is an understeering pig... if anyone can tune it out let me know - I'm running a load of negative rear toe and raised rear ride and it still ploughs.

T1 58.897
T2 1'47.651

The R8 is an understeering pig... if anyone can tune it out let me know - I'm running a load of negative rear toe and raised rear ride and it still ploughs.

I'll hook you up, I had a marvelous tune for this car back in the 750PP days, I'll dig it up and do some work.

I'm running a load of negative rear toe and raised rear ride and it still ploughs.
Try something along the lines of +0.20 - +0.25 for rear toe. I cooked up a tune which I'm currently testing, it will be posted today or tomorrow. :)

Spent about 45 minutes on this, got a nice tune for me, I have yet to hit any straps but...

1'49.906

Did have a 49.6 but went a lot quicker through 130R (it is 130R just after T2 time beam, isn't it?)

Nice combo. Just need to hook them up!

I put in over a dozen laps and did a bit of tuning. This car does understeer out of the corners, but throwing her into the right direction does help a lot for me. :)

T1: 58.997
T2: 1'48.288

Board updated

Last edited:
Nice first session.

1'48.210

I was a bit worried that a AWD in the WRS would result in protest against it.
Looking at the last years comments on AWD races/cars in the online events it was not always that positive.(NooBcar etc)
RWD was the thing to do.:sly:
Glad the first reactions are positive.👍

These are my settings I used.

-20 -18
8 - 6
7 - 5
-0.10 - +0.01
2.5 - 1.2
4 - 5
Final gear =4500

BTW,
I hope everybody read that we have fixed power/weight/tires settings this week.

Just a reminder.:)

Fiddling with the settings, going nowhere slowly, then went opposite and found a nice sweet balance.

1'47.777

I was a bit worried that a AWD in the WRS would result in protest against it.
Looking at the last years comments on AWD races/cars in the online events it was not always that positive.(NooBcar etc)
RWD was the thing to do.:sly:
Glad the first reactions are positive.👍

I think WRS should cover all types of drive/engine position, to give a complete scope of our ability to drive, setup and adapt, to place us all as correctly possible in our divisions.

I'll be starting on the Audi R8 tomorrow night. Had a very quick blast around Suzi in the R8 earlier on. Did make me laugh, compared to the rough grumble of the Tuned Viper we've been hearing for the last week, the R8 sounds and feels like a somewhat pitiful and VERY slow electric powered car :crazy:

I think WRS should cover all types of drive/engine position, to give a complete scope of our ability to drive, setup and adapt, to place us all as correctly possible in our divisions.

i seconded that 👍

Back