GTP_WRS Week 15 : Huracanyo

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 382 comments
This place was being used for the live event GT Academy time trials in 2016, so my friend and I went scouring the internet for videos to work out how to drive it ahead of the event here. Naturally when we rolled up to the event it was Brands Hatch instead and since then I'd forgotten everything about this layout lol.

But yes @Jump_Ace Pinball wizard would have been a much better name, because it is entirely accurate as to what's been going on lol. After 20 laps I didn't have one clean one and was pretty annoyed at the whole thing, however out at 50 or so and I've only done about 5 clean laps, but at least I can see the fun in this place, even if I'm just struggling to finish a lap!
My main problem is I have perfected the art of gently brushing the inside wall, notably in the last corner taking the perfect line as to hit the wall but still make the corner so that every lap I start is invalidated before I even start it... If the car was just 6 inches narrower I'd have completed about 15 more valid laps lol.

Everyone out there having a rough time with DQ'd laps, you are not alone; no man, woman, Division or sub rank is impervious to these walls, and as a collective we'll have removed several tonnes of paint off our cars in pursuit of "just a little bit more", and somehow, we still think it is worth it, and will come back for more.

"How do you think he (@Ph1sh ) does it?"

Black magic.

Leaderboard is back, woooo!

@StigsTC sadly it wouldn't have mattered what car we did here people would complain about it, and rightfully so, it's an unforgiving track. We've gotta go through all the tracks at least once in the WRS so I wanted to pick the best car I could.

Jerome

Black magic.

Jerome

Hmm... Guess I need to get some then

Screenshot_20180306-111836.jpg

Seen a 53.2 and watched the replay only to see a slight tap on the exit of T2, still looking for a clean lap :lol:

I saw a 53.8 that I promptly decided wasn't good enough exiting that 2nd tunnel.

Jerome

Haven't understood how teams are made up. (Not posting any splits until I understand what's going on)

I had 2 clean laps and I'm pretty satisfied. Brake balance on +5.

Haven't understood how teams are made up. (Not posting any splits until I understand what's going on)

I had 2 clean laps and I'm pretty satisfied. Brake balance on +5.

The teams portion you can ignore, they were chosen (among-st themselves) a while ago. But we'd love to have you participate with us anyway. Everyone is also still competing for individual placement too, the teams thing is just an attempt to put a spin on things 👍

Jerome

These replays are rubbish, just gone .314 quicker, run on 20 seconds past F/L stopped on track then end run making it 25 seconds. And replay still cuts out dead on the finish line.

These replays are rubbish, just gone .314 quicker, run on 20 seconds past F/L stopped on track then end run making it 25 seconds. And replay still cuts out dead on the finish line.

This may not be the answer Phillip but my experience to date suggests that it has to be one clear and clean sector otherwise the game discards the overrun and cuts the replay short.

There is also some random BS that is beyond explanation but so far when I have had that problem it's because the extra sector I ran was not clean

Thanks Mike, I'll try half a lap next time, that is if I can manage to beat my time again :grumpy:

I run a really slow sector in the middle of the track avoiding any kind of in game penalty every time now as the alternative is a corrupt replay. So annoying but I hope you can recreate that lap 👍

I've had some exceptional (for me) laps, that were clean too. Just a shame I had a wall graze on the previous last sector, giving me a red.. I'm close to crying :indiff:

Setting penalties to invalidate the time sure does have its pro's and cons. lol

Missed that line completely! Thanks for reminding, so the car stays as she is from out of the Brand Central.

Yes completely untouched. You can change brake balance and TCS via your race hud but nothing else 👍

Now I'm starting to get somewhere... :)

This track is kind of special to me, since I was living in Tokyo for 4 years and did quite a bit of driving on highways like these. One time, on the way home in the middle of the night, I was even overtaken by a bunch of street racers. :crazy:

Back