GTP_WRS Week 15 : Huracanyo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 382 comments
  • 27,049 views
19.293
16.500
19.160

gained a little at the line
 
19.402
16.274
18.981

gained 5 tenths at the line. so much speed still out there.
 
19.433
16.593
19.223

100 miles into todays workout (pinball game) finally got a clean lap1.3s faster than yesterdays ^^
 
Another improvement... that last turn is my nemesis :mad:. I keep hitting the inside wall at the apex on my would be fastest laps... errrgh

19.518
16.589
19.293

Have seen better sectors 1 and 2... 🤬 last turn. I'm coming for you!
 
I think I might be finished this week. Got my goal lap.

Previous splits were dirty by a bit so I got a bit motivated to try 1 more time. And really hit my marks

18.771
15.903
18.025
 
@StigsTC sadly it wouldn't have mattered what car we did here people would complain about it, and rightfully so, it's an unforgiving track. We've gotta go through all the tracks at least once in the WRS so I wanted to pick the best car I could.


Jerome
Its a good combo, car wants to be driven and responds pretty well at speed, and track forces you to commit hard to your lines, makes it pretty enjoyable once you get through the pinball phase. I'd honestly say I like the combo even if the DQ's annoy me, I definitely haven't hated it like I hated that damn 512 BB, there is fun to be had flying between the canyon walls, and I can tell its one of those combos that is super rewarding when you finally hammer out a great lap because you had to earn every km/h on every corner.
Eventually I'll stop hitting walls and get a laptime in lol.

I took off my side decals to make it thinner...
Now you say that, but I noticed on the SFR Racing that the number box actually was off the side of the door a touch, I tried lining a decal up on it, and it kept misaligning as I tried to look at each edge before I realised they were not on the same plane. But yeah, I'd do anything to shave some width down in those critical areas, if I hit the walls enough will I eventually grind them away to make some more space!?
 
First go at this tonight, what a beast of a combo!! The only thing that gives me a headache is the thump thump of the expansion joints through the surround sound, is like a chinese water torture after a while :D

19.777
16.421
19.040
 
20.729
17.275
20.307

I did a much better lap, but, saw sparks fly on the 1st right corner.:ouch: So this my best so far.
 
19.757
16.693
19.640

Feel like I am slowly getting somewhere, but damn the amount of DQ laps vs OK laps is still like 9:1. Especially annoying that if you bump Sector4 of your previous lap the lap after is wasted as well already.
 
21.816
17.890
20.711

Just getting started - initial splits for the board after 23 laps and 100 miles run today (including inevitable re-starts). Did hope doing Circuit Experience with a Gr.3 car first would reduce the number of red laps but not to be - only 2 clean !

I suspect that the only way to improve here is to 'pound in' lap after lap given its a narrow high speed minimal braking track - that is if I don't get a headache from the 'thumping' expansion joints !
 
4tenths at the line. Finally figured out the entrance to tunnel in sector 3. I saw a 19.04 sector 1 and got so happy I hit the wall immediately. Best lap of the twenty I ran and not one sector was best of session, so guess more time to find.

19.285
16.385
18.873
 
Back