GTP_WRS Week 15 : Huracanyo

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 382 comments
@StigsTC sadly it wouldn't have mattered what car we did here people would complain about it, and rightfully so, it's an unforgiving track. We've gotta go through all the tracks at least once in the WRS so I wanted to pick the best car I could.

Jerome
Its a good combo, car wants to be driven and responds pretty well at speed, and track forces you to commit hard to your lines, makes it pretty enjoyable once you get through the pinball phase. I'd honestly say I like the combo even if the DQ's annoy me, I definitely haven't hated it like I hated that damn 512 BB, there is fun to be had flying between the canyon walls, and I can tell its one of those combos that is super rewarding when you finally hammer out a great lap because you had to earn every km/h on every corner.
Eventually I'll stop hitting walls and get a laptime in lol.

I took off my side decals to make it thinner...
Now you say that, but I noticed on the SFR Racing that the number box actually was off the side of the door a touch, I tried lining a decal up on it, and it kept misaligning as I tried to look at each edge before I realised they were not on the same plane. But yeah, I'd do anything to shave some width down in those critical areas, if I hit the walls enough will I eventually grind them away to make some more space!?

Just getting started - initial splits for the board after 23 laps and 100 miles run today (including inevitable re-starts). Did hope doing Circuit Experience with a Gr.3 car first would reduce the number of red laps but not to be - only 2 clean !

I suspect that the only way to improve here is to 'pound in' lap after lap given its a narrow high speed minimal braking track - that is if I don't get a headache from the 'thumping' expansion joints !

Back