GTP_WRS Week 15 : Huracanyo

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 382 comments
Right, so I was joking when I said I had about a second and a half to find, but I just put in a session where I came close to doing that. And I can see where I can gain more time.

For those who are struggling, it helps to hold your breath during the lap. Seriously though, I was surprised to find that taking corners in higher gears than you'd think helped me gain heaps of time.

A lot of grinding for a little gain

I feel like I've hit a wall.
Haha, I see what you did there.
Real talk though, same boat. Splits in my prelim run are still best splits I've run, seem to have arrived at max speed for this one and am not seeing any real improvement for more driving. Thought I had a shot earlier on but Fish just too dang fast and me not improving at all, but at least I got to finish a lap which is nice.

I’ve got to the point where i’m Chasing thousandths so i’ll Throw my cards on the table.
I’ve tried playing around with the times of day to see if I can find better visual markers for braking and turn-in points and my preference is for 12:45.
I’m still/always two tenths down on my optimal and have been doing 20 lap runs in the hope of a clean lap; this also helps.
There are some epic times so far and this will give Ron some motivation too..

Nice Dan, you top 5 in the 18's its going to be down to the last left / right that makes or brakes your laps, interesting. 👍

Still seem to be scraping paint off my car.. on my faster laps.. :( first two sector's are fine.. but droppd a huge chunk of time in sector 3.. I'm still around .700 off of my opt time.. if only those walls stopped getting in my way..

Last edited:
Here are my first attempts after 8 years away from this. Good to be back although this track is immensely frustrating trying to be committed and avoiding the walls. Still a good test though.

Ps I feel there is another second or two to be had just need to grow some balls and gain a little accuracy and I should be fine :D

Nice Dan, you top 5 in the 18's its going to be down to the last left / right that makes or brakes your laps, interesting. 👍

I’ll take a top 5 now! Still along way to go yet though.

Here are my first attempts after 8 years away from this. Good to be bac..... :D

Welcome back Jamie!

Despite earlier comments, i’m Shifting closer to the red line now, doesn’t appear to be so negative.

Marginal gains at the finish but I’ve lost my 18.

I tried again last night and still not one time have I hit an 18 at T1... something is wrong here? I don't have a clue how to drive this single turn.. I tried BB many ways and FFB to see if I could fix it but no.. not a good round for me if I can lose .3 at the very start! I'm giving up with this one as it just doesn't suit me obviously, It's a cracking combo but it's also damn infuriating :lol:

GLA :cheers:

I tried again last night and still not one time have I hit an 18 at T1... something is wrong here? I don't have a clue how to drive this single turn.. I tried BB many ways and FFB to see if I could fix it but no.. not a good round for me if I can lose .3 at the very start! I'm giving up with this one as it just doesn't suit me obviously, It's a cracking combo but it's also damn infuriating :lol:

GLA :cheers:

What time of day are you using? Was playing around with it and I believe with the sunny one (12:45PM? don't have PS4 access atm to check) I couldn't get close to my ghost. Probably just placebo, but maybe there's something to it. I agree though, it's a huge amount of variance for just a single turn - I'm in the same boat with trying to understand a low .7. What makes it worse is the restart point doesn't get you up to full speed, so you have to do a full lap for any meaningful testing.

What time of day are you using? Was playing around with it and I believe with the sunny one (12:45PM? don't have PS4 access atm to check) I couldn't get close to my ghost. Probably just placebo, but maybe there's something to it. I agree though, it's a huge amount of variance for just a single turn - I'm in the same boat with trying to understand a low .7. What makes it worse is the restart point doesn't get you up to full speed, so you have to do a full lap for any meaningful testing.

Which time of day are you using?! I, rightly or wrongly, assumed there was no gains in time but, I found the light on the track favourable to find my markers at 12:45.

Of course, the first sector is as much about the exit from the last sector as anything and I have never hit an 18 on a first lap run.

Thanks for the reply mate 👍 yep was using the fine weather 12:45 same as I do on most tracks.. either sunny or fine usually does it! Will maybe try one more attempt tonight at different time zones just to be sure :D

Cheers!

Which time of day are you using?! I, rightly or wrongly, assumed there was no gains in time but, I found the light on the track favourable to find my markers at 12:45.

I'd be very surprised if it was actually any different, just spit-balling. I've never really tested it before, always just used the brightest time of day. Was playing around with it to get the shadows out of some of the apexes, and was surprised when I wasn't faster on 12:45 which seems to have the best lighting.

Personally using the third option from right as there are places which help me find my correct braking point (before second tunnel and before last turn), and find the twilight one(night-ish) interestin too, as artificial lighting isnt that hard for eyes. But all of them time options have their ups and downs

I’m using noon and have run some low .8s no idea what Ph7sh is using, don’t really think it makes a difference it’s all about speed out the last corner and using as much track as possible into turn 1. Turn 2 into the tunnel is crucial as well, you have to turn in very early getting as close to the tunnel wall as possible

@Special_K is right. To get that fast T1 it's a mix of having a good speed at the start. Using every since inch and getting back on the gas as soon as possible. Never lifting off the gas after you lightly brake into turn 1. Using every inch of the track. Then going into the tunnel staying as tight and as smooth as possible

Never thought I would like a combo on Tokyo but this week is very enjoyable.
Frustrating to get a clean lap but when it is clean,a smile is rising.:)

Watching the replay is also a delight and he sense of speed and corners at full throttle with this car makes the combo very good.

Only way to gain more time now is changing some gearing and a lot of luck.:gtpflag:

@Special_K is right. To get that fast T1 it's a mix of having a good speed at the start. Using every since inch and getting back on the gas as soon as possible. Never lifting off the gas after you lightly brake into turn 1. Using every inch of the track. Then going into the tunnel staying as tight and as smooth as possible
Don’t give away all our secrets :sly::lol:

Back