GTP_WRS Week 15 : This Girl's a Spinner

• Thread starter EDK
  • 357 comments

Fun combo, great little car, I only had about half an hour to try it out and might not get another shot till the weekend, but I should have a shot on the weekend for sure. :)
Don't wanna confuse fetchy with words and splits in one post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to a sexy power slide through the last corner in S1.
0.3 of the lap. There is still so much more time to be found.
Data logger is great. Only just started using it.

Ooooh, I like the looks of this combo!! I have some driver training to do this week too, looks like he might be learning this combo :lol:

One of my favourite things about Autumn Ring is that there are really good "series" corners. You have to get into the first one right to get out of the last one with maximum speed. Great driving discipline!! Kind of like Mid-Ohio.

Reactions: EDK
Thanks to a sexy power slide through the last corner in S1.
0.3 of the lap. There is still so much more time to be found.
Data logger is great. Only just started using it.

Very good....what kind of settings you use?

Anyone having serious trouble keeping this beast on track?

*raises hand*

I haven't had this much trouble getting it together for a while. The tires break grip in this car faster than I expect.

Jerome

EDK
View attachment 134374

View attachment 89055

GT6 Week 15 : This Girl's a Spinner

View attachment 147324
Hotlap Event in Arcade Mode Time Trial
View attachment 147329

Renault Sport Megane Trophy '11

View attachment 147325
Autumn Ring

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: Original Circuits > Autumn Ring
  • Car Type: Garage/Favourites Car
  • Make: France > Renault Sport
  • Model: Megane Trophy '11
  • Power: 377 bhp (including oil change and tuning parts listed below)
  • Weight: 955 kg (stock)
  • PP: 518
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Racing Hard (R1) (Front and Rear)
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Prohibited - Tuning parts, weight reduction, ballast adjustment or chassis rigidity improvement not allowed.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
  • Custom Wheels and Paint are Not Available on this Car
Course Settings:
  • Time: Fixed
  • Weather: Fixed
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Red and white rumbles and tarmac are legal track. No other surfaces are track.

Steward's Comments:
This is just an amazing and balanced combo. I tested it several weeks ago, early in GT6. And it really delivers on what the game can be. New car to the game, original track for the series. Take it out, have some fun. 👍

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 2 splits: T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion
View attachment 147326

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 15 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, May 5th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team
The clutch on high end wheels? It's that left pedal, right? Also, what are GTP_Registered members? "Video replays aren't accepted" What kind of replay, then? I don't get it. Sorry for all those questions, I had to ask these.

Last edited:
The clutch on high end wheels? It's that left pedal, right? Also, what are GTP_Registered members? "Video replays aren't accepted" What kind of replay, then? I don't get it. Sorry for all those questions, I had to ask these.
You need to run our qualifier if you would like to participate in the events. It allows us to place you in a division with people who are the same speed as you. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_registry-qualifier-gt6.294799/

Yes, clutch is the left (3rd) pedal, and we do not allow the clutch to be used in our events.

The video featured in this thread shows you how to export replays from your PS3 to your PC, so they can be submitted. We require PS3 format replays for ALL event submissions. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/step-by-step-guide-to-the-gtp_registry-qualifier-gt6.294845/

*raises hand*

I haven't had this much trouble getting it together for a while. The tires break grip in this car faster than I expect.

Jerome
Short shifting in a couple of places helps. The rumble strips are evil, and the car has a tendency to understeer on corner exit, i.e. you can't unwind the lock as soon as you think you can, which also delays throttle input, since going full throttle with lock applied is generally not a good idea.

I short shift to 3rd coming out of turn 1, again to 3rd on the first right hand corner of the second sector. I use second gear to help the car rotate in the loop corner, and then up to 3rd for the exit. It's one of the corners that you have to keep the steering lock on longer than you would think.

Last edited:
Another car that drives really easy when you don't push hard.
Do you fast guys drop down to 3rd gear anywhere from the turn 1 to S1?

The thing about this car is that once you lose it, it's almost impossible to catch, especially if you get to the point of an opposite lock correct. If you anticipate the slide and pre-correct, it lets you get away with it.

The loop corner is especially troublesome, you would like to be able to force the car into a bit of a slide and correct out of it, but that's a death inducing proposition.

I had originally slated this as a tuning combo, and I still stand by my comment that Tuning lowers participation. But it might not have been a bad thing, with some of the silly behavior the car exhibits. I will say that the initial testing was with a completely stock car, and I fell in love with it almost immediately.

Another car that drives really easy when you don't push hard.
Do you fast guys drop down to 3rd gear anywhere from the turn 1 to S1?
I don't know if I qualify as a fast guy, but I am not getting into 4th until the exit of the second half of the box chicane. And I drop to 3rd again to make the last right hander of T1. That might be slowing me down, but I am aiming for consistency, and that corner is hard to make if you don't get at least close to the apex. The exit rumble wants to suck you off the track if you start out too wide.

But lost .2 in sector 3, was a bit too nervous not trying to bin it.

It would be evident without a leaderboard I'm slow on entry and exit, making no sense of this machine. Reading != doing

It would be evident without a leaderboard I'm slow on entry and exit, making no sense of this machine. Reading != doing
Your first sector is not bad, you are losing loads in the second sector, and the elevation change corners are where the car becomes less predictable.

First right hander, I am braking at the cut out on the left of the track, using second to get in, short shifting up to 3rd and being careful about the rumble on exit.

Next left, I am leaving the car in 3rd coming up to it, braking, and working to carry momentum. Keeping a bit of throttle fed in will keep the car stable. My braking point is the start of the rumble on the right of the track.

You can keep the car flat in the next sweeper, just make sure you hold a smooth steering angle and keep it forced to the left.

Loop corner probably the most important to a good sector time. Braking at start of rumble on the right, from 5th gear down to second. Up to 3rd once I get to the apex, then find a marker that makes a good throttle on point for you. Keep the wheel forced to the left, the car will get sucked off the track if you hit the exit rumble too hard.

First try at this. I get the "no tuning" call and I agree with it mostly, but have to say that LSD setting would make the car gentler on DS3 users, without having as much a difference in performance as a complete settings available rule
would produce. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
First Splits

Send my replay to fetchy and recieved this answer...but I really dont change the gears

Submission for week 15 is REJECTED!

Errors:
Transmission1 setting is invalid
Transmission2 setting is invalid
Transmission3 setting is invalid
Transmission4 setting is invalid
Transmission5 setting is invalid
Transmission6 setting is invalid

EDIT: my fault, used the car about 7 years ago in seasonal...

Last edited:
I had a -1 ms improvement but that's too borderline in the second sector left before the bridge (almost spun it). Afterwards I shed 172 times that.
Had enough for today.

Back