GTP_WRS Week 15 : This Girl's a Spinner

• Thread starter EDK
  • 357 comments
Crazy! :D

Well this is my 2nd session as well. It was more of how the overall lap went. Missed apexes, sliding around, bad t3. AR is one of my favorite tracks and i usually feel comfortable after my first session.. Im going to have to adapt to the car to get anywhere this week. This combo.... You crazy, crazy man.

Last edited:
Reactions: EDK
First session tonight! Wow she's a slippery beast!!

Plenty more time to find I think. Dont really know the track that well and still have no clue on the best way to take that windy overpass long left hander bit!! Will hopefully figure it out by the end of the week!

Is there any trick to get T1 faster? I tried shortshifting to keep traction, but then the car hasn't enough torque :irked:

I don't shortshift coming out of the first corner. I keep a wide entry to do a tight exit and keep accelerating all the way to the first of the chicanes. I take as much kerb of the second corner and shift to 4th momentarily to prevent hitting the limiter in 3rd. Once again, take as much kerb as you can in the first chicane, being careful not to overspeed the exit. I avoid the kerb of the second chicane and treat the 2 rights that follow as a double apex corner. You can keep full throttle till about half way, then a short brake and straighten the line through the last corner of T1.

Horrible session today T1 is sweet, T3 is sweet, T2 is an utter mess I have no idea how to take the up hill hairpin at the end of T2, easily losing .6xx there every lap.

But better T3 to be .2 up at the line

A few more hours with several breaks.

If that happens to you (yes it's the old show the belly routine!), keep it together, you might end up with a clean new lap after all. 350 ms off. :P

Yeah I had one of those but landed on the roof so no time improvement.

I totally rolled it, but got this photo.

Autumn Ring.jpg

Or at least it probably will be 4 seconds at the line. I never liked this track, and I refuse to turn on the electronic monsters to tame this beast.

The admins might not want to take my prior two weeks into account; this back-of-the-pack performance is more my normal.

I love this rubbish/terrible Kombo! :D

Lost a tenth in T3 due to an airborne event. I took the loop as a double-apex in 3rd gear and it felt slow as hell but didn't seem to lose much against my ghost, in which I had dropped down to 2nd.

Terrible S3 (I've had some that were 3/10ths faster), but the "fastest" (relatively speaking) yet...

Yes, I know those are among the best from D3 so far, but I've been averaging 3 restarts for every lap actually completed.

I love this rubbish/terrible Kombo! :D

Lost a tenth in T3 due to an airborne event. I took the loop as a double-apex in 3rd gear and it felt slow as hell but didn't seem to lose much against my ghost, in which I had dropped down to 2nd.

Who lit a fire under your rear this week? Jeez. I won't get much running time in this week, so i won't be much competition for you or kevin.

Yes, I know those are among the best from D3 so far, but I've been averaging 3 restarts for every lap actually completed.

Pulling to podium position in a dead heat with 3 other D3'ers doesn't require a disclaimer. Be proud of that. 👍:D

Sorry, I got a little nostalgic thinking back to my D3 days. :embarrassed:

Who lit a fire under your rear this week? Jeez. I won't get much running time in this week, so i won't be much competition for you or kevin.
I blame the car, and Doodle, and Bart, and Kevin, and you. :D

EDIT: Oh and Baron, too. 👍 You always seem to kill it 'round AR.

Finally happened.

Crappy first and last sector but I just like to see the old rat sitting at the top of the D3.

I think I can get to mid 56s before the week is over.
Another addictive combo, thanks for your hard work mods.
👍 Nice times.
Can't really agree with you, though it will be well deserved, I'd rather see someone else at that top, :P but time won't permit. :cheers:

Now I got a better idea of T1, thanks to Bart @PASM
Nevertheless, I managed to fail the last 3 corners of T1 this time with sliding around and missing all 3 apexes :lol:

Look out world. :P

Had a giant slide in this lap. Not really having a problem catching this car. It drifts nicely. :lol:

Back