GTP_WRS Week 157 : Lancing in the Forest

• Thread starter EDK
  • 126 comments

I had a .829 T2 before this lap... but my T3 on this one was mighty, beat the lap by 7 hundredths :scared:

Glad there's plenty of the week left, I want that perfect lap :dopey:

it's a bit off topic, but do you know what mean's your's avatar? :)

1'01.852

Test submission for Tag change
-- That doesn't look allright

Last edited:
EDK
You saying that your submission using your new PSN ID did not work?

Yes ,correct
new attemp,I've added you to conversation
--- rejected again
The psn in the replay 'GTP_RikWrx' does not match your own psn 'GTP_Rikson'

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just joined GTPlanet and I'm willing to take part into these time trials to improve myself.
I was sim-racing regularly since 2009 (I was fast but not an alien at all), then last year I had to stop cause of other things in my life...
last Sunday I had the opportunity to pass some time with my wheel and I'm making a commitment to get back and the best way to do it is joining this vast and helpful community.
Moreover I'll use this opportunity to get better at english language...so, I apologize in advance ;-)

After an hour of testing, these are my splits, using BB 8/10 (which to be honest I don't have a clue if it's a good choice, I'll need to try other settings)

1:00.578

To be honest I think I'm losing a lot of time on 1st corner and last corner (and I suppose they're the most important corners)...I'll try to improve a little bit there.

Excellent splits by mcsqueegy :eek: methinks he still using the Escudo from the midfield event haha :lol:

nah I cant match those T2 splits even if i had a decade left to run it.. but will see how much i can chip off and hopefully it's not some full 1 second+ behind at the line week or the toys will be launched from the pram haha... superfast bud you making this old guy feel older :P Top Marks! 👍

GLA :cheers:

I think this is legal?

Attachments

• Deep Forest Raceway.jpg
    Deep Forest Raceway.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: EDK
most would probably try to keep 2 wheels on either side of the white lines there.. but by OP rules it appears clean yep, only slows the car there anyway 👍

Hi,

hm, totally different to my first sector :rolleyes:

I stay in fourth gear on the straight. The turn in point is exactly when the limiter sets in, on the way to the apex I just lift off the throttle, no brakes.

Best S1 was twentyseven_point_two (which I couldn't bring to the line).

I tried changing up to fifth and back to fourth on the turn in, but this costs me regularly half a second...

cheers,
D.

1'01.132

Test submission
Edit:worked
Thanks to all the Mods : :cheers:

Last edited:
Quick session before work and a nice improvement in splits and even better at the Line 👍

There's some time left in both sectors. Looking forward to continuing this Fun addicting WRS TT :cheers:

1'00.066

MadMax and I tried out the 157 combination as a race. Really hard to make a pass even when 0.5s to 1s per lap faster.

Think it should run a higher grade of slipstream so moves can be made with proper overlap? Otherwise there might be a lot of tailgating and tickling of bumpers for the stewards to make 'grey area' calls on. Especially with global internet latency at play.

Always preferred the other direction and got 238th in the world at the 4WD seasonal that way around last month. It's a fun combination and the reverse Turn 1 is actually quite drivable.

Will try to put some split times in here during the week. Not leaving it until Monday night.

MadMax and I tried out the 157 combination as a race. Really hard to make a pass even when 0.5s to 1s per lap faster.

Think it should run a higher grade of slipstream so moves can be made with proper overlap? Otherwise there might be a lot of tailgating and tickling of bumpers for the stewards to make 'grey area' calls on. Especially with global internet latency at play.
We were testing in on Friday night before it was put up, and was some good pack racing at the front of the field. I don't recall if we were using light, or real, but we normally try to take these sorts of things into account, along with the tire wear/fuel consumption, which can allow pit strategy to make overtakes.

Always preferred the other direction and got 238th in the world at the 4WD seasonal that way around last month. It's a fun combination and the reverse Turn 1 is actually quite drivable.
And I have always preferred it in this direction. I just enjoy the higher speed, more flat out nature of a lot of the turns. Both directions have merit, but I prefer the clockwise layout.

Latest Posts

Back