GTP_WRS Week 157 : Lancing in the Forest

• Thread starter EDK
  • 126 comments
1:00:162

It's not my perfect lap...I'd love to try to squeeze out more but I think this is it for me (due to lack of time).

How much time do you guys usually spend on these TT?

Last edited:
1:00:162

It's not my perfect lap...I'd love to try to squeeze out more but I think this is it for me (due to lack of time).

How much time do you guys usually spend on these TT?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/how-much-time-did-you-spend-on-wrs.68492/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/how-much-time-you-put-in-each-wk-wrs.94669/

;)

You will find it varies, but I don't believe the people who answered 30 minutes.

I think most of the competitive guys are running at least 3-4 sessions of 1 hour each.

For me personally, running more sessions on more days is more productive than committing a significant amount of time to any single session. Anything over an hour or so seems counterproductive.

EDK
I think most of the competitive guys are running at least 3-4 sessions of 1 hour each.

For me personally, running more sessions on more days is more productive than committing a significant amount of time to any single session. Anything over an hour or so seems counterproductive.

For this event I spent about 5-6 hours in total...and I completely agree with you, after an hour it's very difficult to concentrate anymore and it could get frustrating. Shorter sessions are better, obviously I'm not the person who can jump in and finding the time within 2 laps, so my session can't be too short ;-)

About 0.120 at the line, nearing my limit.

1'00.487

Submitted with these splits.
Lost a tenth in T2,gained a tenth at the line.Not 1 good sector for me this week.
Bit of a weird combo,stringing all sectors together seems harder then ever :confused:
Good Luck all
:cheers:

tl;dr no splits here
Bit of a weird combo,stringing all sectors together seems harder then ever :confused:
It is very condensed isn't it? And once I thought that it's just like a (90s) movie set, I couldn't dismiss it. Like, the first tunnel is a proper one, but the two close to each other would be props.

Nothing wrong with that, I would prefer PD not change too much in possible remakes.

Good Luck all
:cheers:
The first sector was the real craps shoot for me. My consistent times were probably in the 27.2-27.3 range, anything with a 1 or 0 was maybe a 2 in 10 chance. The 0 was probably more like 1 in 20.

I tried to clean up the second and third sectors to get as consistent as possible, which meant finishing laps, even with bad T1 split times. My lap is very close to having personal bests in all 3 sectors, I might have a maximum of another tenth I left out there. But I was fortunate to finish a lap with a 0 in the first sector split. I had a lot of others that went to waste.

I am so focused today. Finally beat my automatic transmission time using manual transmission. Very surprised how fun using manual transmission is. More difficult but also more fun.
Are you winding it all the way out to 8,000 RPM? That will find you some time on the straights.

Beyond that, it's very much a car control thing. Should help you a lot. 👍

I started to watch some of the WW race that ph1sher put on youtube and now I know where to get some extra speed. Now I just have to do it.

the best thing to do is put a little time into the TT, then race for an hour, then go back to the TT. You'll be amazed how much you learn from actually racing and watching others vs pounding around with your friendly ghost. But I have to admitt that the TT IS ADDICTIVE!!

the best thing to do is put a little time into the TT, then race for an hour, then go back to the TT. You'll be amazed how much you learn from actually racing and watching others vs pounding around with your friendly ghost. But I have to admitt that the TT IS ADDICTIVE!!
You are right. Already learned from just watching Ph1sher's do the WW race on youtube. The fast guys definitely use every inch of the track limits. Now that I am using manual trans I can't wait to get a racing wheel and be done with this ds3 controller.

Back