GTP_WRS Week 157 : Lancing in the Forest

• Thread starter EDK
  • 126 comments
Cant believe that T2... literally :confused: Gotta be some region thingy going on here because I can't go through those middle turns without lifting and others can.. I mean wtf .3 faster has gotta be flat out! nah it's not the same car as I am driving 👎

:P

Cant believe that T2... literally :confused: Gotta be some region thingy going on here because I can't go through those middle turns without lifting and others can.. I mean wtf .3 faster has gotta be flat out! nah it's not the same car as I am driving 👎

I have seen a really weird thing in terms of the T2 split. Depending on your approach to the corner before, you can either gain 2 tenths at the split, or in the final sector, but not in both.

Early turn in allows for a better launch, later turn in gets you to the split sooner. Plus there is the whole red clock thing. :grumpy:

I am guessing @mcsqueegy is getting it in both places, but that is a call out.

Might or might not shed a lot more.

I don't care "either way", much, but the ccw direction turn 1 is annoying unless the car is very, very slow. I mean approaching it.

I know most will probably say it's just sour grapes, It would be the logical response.
But I cant help but find that middle section too doubtful for my liking.. I know i'm probably wrong but what the hell?? I'm gunning into that T2 section flat out in 3rd after the initial lift and there aint no .3 faster through there? not that I can see anyway after numerous flat out attempts sorry :boggled: I still suggest there could be a possible region difference like old days because I certainly aint tiptoeing anywhere until after T2 when the hardest part is over and scrape to the line..

Hey I been wrong before and I will be again, if in doubt call it out... doesn't mean I'm right, If possible take it as compliment that I find your middle section unbelievable :lol:

I know most will probably say it's just sour grapes, It would be the logical response.
But I cant help but find that middle section too doubtful for my liking.. I know i'm probably wrong but what the hell?? I'm gunning into that T2 section flat out in 3rd after the initial lift and there aint no .3 faster through there? not that I can see anyway after numerous flat out attempts sorry :boggled: I still suggest there could be a possible region difference like old days because I certainly aint tiptoeing anywhere until after T2 when the hardest part is over and scrape to the line..

Hey I been wrong before and I will be again, if in doubt call it out... doesn't mean I'm right, If possible take it as compliment that I find your middle section unbelievable :lol:
The new game is not region specific, and I believe Australia was always PAL anyhow, right? ;)

I'm with you, that the time seems unbelievable. Certainly from the right hander at the bottom of the hill through the first tunnel, the only other thing I can think of is if there is some magic approach through that left sweeper into the next tunnel I am not thinking of. I have tried a couple different things, and it seems like a bit of a short shift to 3rd helps keep the car from stepping out, but totally flat out does not seem possible for me.

New ones again.

Messed with BB, kept coming back to 2/3.

Changed my approach to turn 1 based on @mcsqueegy 's video, which has made me more consistent, but has not gained ultimate pace to T1 split.

Cant believe that T2... literally :confused: Gotta be some region thingy going on here because I can't go through those middle turns without lifting and others can.. I mean wtf .3 faster has gotta be flat out! nah it's not the same car as I am driving

I know what you are going through, I have that feeling every week :lol::lol:

Just trying to squeeze in those 59s for sector 2, dang @mcsqueegy your insane with these sector times! But it's fun trying to figure out how your that fast yet frustersting :lol:

Improved by another .1xx at the line so I'm really happy with that

1'00.051

Nowhere close, but T1 is decent - I had a moment where it was 1 tenth faster but it gets complicated.

Good example of "never give up" ;) now I know how to gain another .2 up to t2 and another .05-.1 in 3rd but kind of happy. Finally. :crazy:

Took me ages to figure out that middle sector. I'd say brake later and go onto throttle once - no lift needed but those late brakes and coasting into the double is a bit different then what I was used to.

Last edited:
Back