Colorado Springs - Lake

:: Open to All GTPlanet Registry Members ::
:: Members are not obligated to take part ::
Overview (How Does This Work?):
  • You must be part of our registry to participate
  • These are Time Trial Events, we have Online Races here
  • Set the game up according to the event, car and track details below
  • Save Your BEST LAP replay before exiting your session
  • Be sure and run at least 10 extra seconds after setting your fast lap. If you exit right away, your time stamp may not show up in your replay.
  • Report your split times in here, so you can compare your pace to other racers, without revealing the full lap time
  • Our leaderboard shows how you stack up during the week, before the deadline
  • Submit your lap via PM to our Fetchbot, before the event deadline
  • On deadline day, we will publish the results in our leaderboard and in a thread in this section
  • Identified replays will be checked by your fellow participants to be sure you meet the event regulations
Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Time Trial
  • Track: Colorado Springs - Lake
  • Car Type: Garage Car
  • Make: Ford
  • Model: Focus Gr. B
  • Max Power HP: 538 (Stock)
  • Weight: 2,778 lbs / 1,260 kg (stock)
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Dirt
  • Driving Line, Cones, Markers: Optional
  • Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
  • Tuning: No Tuning Allowed: Power and weight are to be stock.
  • In-Race Multi-Function Display (MFD) Functions: Optional
  • Custom Wheels: Allowed
  • Paint and Racing #: Livery editor IS allowed for this event
Course Settings:
  • Time: Optional
full

Standard Clean OLR Rules (These Apply to ALL Events):

• The event MUST be run using your registered PSN account.
  • The use of the clutch is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls, visible or invisible or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times (See image below).
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
full
Race Specifics (Rules for This Specific Event):
  • All surfaces that aren't walls, act like walls or guardrails are part of the track.

Steward's Comments:
    Here we are at the 2nd of 4 Team Championship series events. Our first rally event in GT Sport, woo! Again, mind the walls, visible and invisible, otherwise any surface is fair game. Good luck and get her dirty!

What Simpsons reference?

Saving Replays, Viewing sector times and Submissions:
    • You need to make sure you use the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
    • Before saving your replay ensure that you continue running after completing your fast lap until at least the end of first sector. This will ensure you have a complete replay.
    • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Library' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replays' option.
    • While viewing your Replay, enter the live timing screen to view your sector splits. You will need to do this after your car has passed the sector markers to see it listed.
    • Simply post the splits that are shown in the live timing screen, and our Fetchbot will parse them and add them together for your total sector time.
    • When saving your fastest lap replay please ensure that you watch the replay to the end and that it displays your full lap time. Any replays submitted that do not show the posted lap time will result in a DQ.
    • Remember - When you submit your time you're also declaring that your run is 100% clean. We request replays for the purpose of verifying to all those concerned that the drivers claim is correct, which in turn safeguards the integrity of the driver, and just as importantly, the WRS. The golden rule is to check your replay before submission. If you?re still unsure, check it again, ask for a second opinion and if you?re still undecided, run the lap again.
    (Best Lap Replay Save)

full

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on Skype or via other private IM service.):
    • Total Lap Time
    • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
    • If you choose to Share your Best-Lap Replay via GT Sport before the deadline, expect the full lap time to be public, regardless of whether you've only shared with Friends or Public.
    The following information can be discussed in this thread :
    • The first 2 sectors: T1 and T2 times
    • Any settings discussion
    full

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 16 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
    • Please submit your FULL LAP TIME in the following format on a single line:
      X:XX.XXX
      (Example-) 1:10.100
    • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
    • For those of you who were used to submitting replays on GT6, we no longer have the ability to export the files.
    • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
    • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
    • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
    • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
    • The deadline is Monday, March 19th 2018 11:59pm GMT
    • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site
    Why Use GMT?:
    GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
    Replay Checking:
    • Division winners and overperformers will be required to submit a replay via GT Sport Share function for verification AFTER Unofficial Results have been posted.
    • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
    • Video/Youtube/Twitch replays are not accepted as a form of verification
    full

Good luck, :gtplanet:
    OLR Team

Last edited:
@Ph1sh did you attend the same rally class @Jordan went to a few years back? I think it was in Texas, IIRC. Or do you just play in the dirt on your own time?

Jerome

@Ph1sh did you attend the same rally class @Jordan went to a few years back? I think it was in Texas, IIRC. Or do you just play in the dirt on your own time?

Jerome
I race on dirt ovals in the summer with my wissota street stock. Then have been doing some rally cross races on dirt as well in the past. There was actually just recently a snow rally cross race here in minnesota that I was apart of. Lots of fun! :)

I wish I went to Texas for some rally cross racing ;)

Nice man, thats so cool.

What's not nice? This bug I just found when trying to dig up my wrs test session splits. Apparently, there is no option to view your T splits in Circuit Experience replays. The live timing option is removed and you can't get the game to show the timer bar at the top either.

Soooo....when you go to save your replays guys, check to see if the in-session replay gives you splits. Otherwise we may have to run an extra lap and do some quick math to find out our best lap splits. I'm kind of surprised by this one.

Jerome

So we have to run it in circuit experience? We would see each other's times?

Just asking for clarification

@Jump_Ace
Hold up on Circuit Experience. I can't get splits from it. We knew friends would be able to see each other times. That was just part of the fun.

But we may have to switch back to Arcade Mode to get splits. Discussing with the team now...

It's just not feasible to do the Circuit Experience events for the WRS (until they fix that bug, which I suspect is highly unlikely at this point - but you never know).

I've updated the thread so let's just shift gears to our normal Arcade Mode > Time Trial event so we easily get splits 👍

Just a shoutout to all the captains with this updated info. Sorry everyone, I had no idea.

@GTP_randy
@Never2fast1
@Mires
@Ph1sh
@Ren
@Renrag39
@StigsTC

Jerome

It's just not feasible to do the Circuit Experience events for the WRS (until they fix that bug, which I suspect is highly unlikely at this point - but you never know).

I've updated the thread so let's just shift gears to our normal Arcade Mode > Time Trial event so we easily get splits 👍

Just a shoutout to all the captains with this updated info. Sorry everyone, I had no idea.

@GTP_randy
@Never2fast1
@Mires
@Ph1sh
@Ren
@Renrag39
@StigsTC

Jerome

Does that mean team liveries are now allowed ?

As I'm currently parked on the airport apron and bored as I'll stick my neck on the chopping block and say yes.

Now the event has moved to be a normal arcade mode slap your team colours on and have fun with the livery editor. All other restrictions apply tho.

I race on dirt ovals in the summer with my wissota street stock. Then have been doing some rally cross races on dirt as well in the past. There was actually just recently a snow rally cross race here in minnesota that I was apart of. Lots of fun! :)

I wish I went to Texas for some rally cross racing ;)

What track do you race at? I use to go to Cedar Lake a lot in my 20's. Then I raced myself at Raceway Park in Shakopee for a couple years. That was a paved track though, not the same as dirt.

What track do you race at? I use to go to Cedar Lake a lot in my 20's. Then I raced myself at Raceway Park in Shakopee for a couple years. That was a paved track though, not the same as dirt.
In terms of dirt, I actually have gone to cedar lake speedway a few times to race there. That's such an awesome track!

I've mainly have raced at Viking speedway, i94 speedway, kra speedway, sometimes granite city speedway, then towards the end of the year I'll go to specials at ogilvie raceway and bemidiji speedway sometimes. Kind of go to a bunch of places throughout the season.

How many sectors are on this lap? You guys are posting 2 splits, but the board calls for three.

As I'm currently parked on the airport apron and bored as I'll stick my neck on the chopping block and say yes.

Now the event has moved to be a normal arcade mode slap your team colours on and have fun with the livery editor. All other restrictions apply tho.

What he said 👍

Jerome

EDK
How many sectors are on this lap? You guys are posting 2 splits, but the board calls for three.

Fixed the OP. I want to say the Circuit Experience has 3 splits here. But at any rate, it's just 2 splits in Arcade Mode.

Jerome

Reactions: EDK
I just adjusted a couple of splits posts to make a zero second first split. The board would have to get adjusted in the background by Joost to support this, but I thought I would try and see if Fetchy is down with zero splits or not.

If he is, we will likely just use that as a workaround rather than making background board edits a weekly occurrence. :dopey:

Lost a full .5 exiting T2 :ouch:

Jerome

Back