GTP_WRS Week 16 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 110 comments
Well done Gravitron and all podium winners.
I was going to ask why my time was not included. After a quick check I just realised that I had submitted my split instead of my lap time. :drool:

Why was time not allowed? i submitted exactly how it said! ffffs joke

I would say it's because you have only just resubmitted your qualifier time and missed out by a day or so when Vaxen added the new drivers, if you look at the latest list of new drivers your name is not on there, so you will probably be added when week 16 is official.

Vaxen or EDK will be better to PM and ask, as I could be completely wrong

It looks like you made another submission to correct the body copy, but it still was not quite right. The Fetchbot would have sent you a reply, telling you your time was rejected. I know it was late there, so understand why you might not have wanted to wait around for that.

With the volume of submissions we deal with each week, there's tremendous value in the automation Fetchbot provides, but that puts some onus back on the participants to deal with the finicky nature of computers.

Feel free to send a PM to Vaxen, and he can decide if he would like to include you in the results.

Finally, it might help for you to have a more patient and straightforward attitude/approach.

Interesting that we have many members that submit without issue every week, but when you have a problem, you try to put it back on us.

Wow nice laps all through the list. I submitted my quali times at the end of last week and waiting for registration so didn't get to post a time this week, but I did do a demo run for an hour or so on the week 16 combo. All I can say is I have some serious work to do to improve looking at these times.

When the week is over is there a standard forum/thread to go where people post tips about their laps and what they've learned? Is anyone using the data logger to analyze their laps and are they willing post any learnings on particularly tricky corners, etc and/or generally how they use the data logger to analyze where they are gaining/losing time and testing lines variations?

Being a major left-brainer I need an analytical approach to these laps as the trial and error approach I used in my test run this week only gets me so far :nervous:

Looking forward to week 17.

Wow nice laps all through the list. I submitted my quali times at the end of last week and waiting for registration so didn't get to post a time this week, but I did do a demo run for an hour or so on the week 16 combo. All I can say is I have some serious work to do to improve looking at these times.

When the week is over is there a standard forum/thread to go where people post tips about their laps and what they've learned? Is anyone using the data logger to analyze their laps and are they willing post any learnings on particularly tricky corners, etc and/or generally how they use the data logger to analyze where they are gaining/losing time and testing lines variations?

Being a major left-brainer I need an analytical approach to these laps as the trial and error approach I used in my test run this week only gets me so far :nervous:

Looking forward to week 17.

We require replays to be posted from the top participants in each division each week.

You'll be able to download replays from NTSC users and in turn upload them to your console. Unfortunately, the game does not allow for downloading replays from users with a different game format. So the replays you'll be able to see are those from here in North America, for the most part.
Post of the tips on approach are posted during the week, when they can help you to improve.

I think you'll find most of the top performers are putting in more than an hour or two each week. But all are welcome, and if that's all you have time for, you'll be placed accordingly in the correct division.

In your second submission, you failed to insert a space between "Time:" and your time.

As EDK said: the fetchbot is finicky, but if it doesn't understand your submission, it will tell you so.

Well done Gravitron and all podium winners.
I was going to ask why my time was not included. After a quick check I just realised that I had submitted my split instead of my lap time. :drool:

Sorry to hear that bojangles, we missed you and others like NINE_HUNDRED, Iddledoo, speded66, etc in D4.

Here's my NTSC replay, suffix 013. The fast left before the corkscrew might look dirty at first, but I checked it over and over and thought it was clean. Then I hang my rear way too far out at the bottom of the corkscrew, also clean (and I posted pics of it).

EDIT: Also this was with a DS3 instead of the usual DFGT. I got to within 0.130 of my time with the DFGT, but went with the jerkier-yet-faster DS3 lap. :D

EDIT2: Original replay was deemed corrupt, here's another try, using a different zip program (WinRAR).

Attachments

• GTP_Gravitron_WRS16.zip
    276.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Congrats all. Lots of fast times on that board!

My NTSC replay is attached. It's my first time trying to up load a replay, so please let me know if it didn't come out right.

Attachments

• gtp_pickle013 WRS Wk 16 replay.zip
    297.9 KB · Views: 11
Congrats Gravitron, don't get used to winning now :D I also expected some more finishes in D4.
👍 to all podium places

My replay.

Attachments

• WRS week 16 GTP_poolhaas.zip
    277.9 KB · Views: 10
Well done to all the podium finishers and some amazing times at the top again.

Put in a fair bit of effort this week and it paid off.

Attachments

• GTP_NIZZY WRS Week 16.zip
    274.6 KB · Views: 10
Well done to all the Winners and to everyone else who earned a podium place.👍

I had a lap quick enough for one this week, but it was probably dirty so I had to make do with a 4th place finish in Div 2 instead, which isn't that bad, I guess.:)

Special mentions to Dan for another amazing lap.:bowdown: To Red for thumping everyone in Division 2 and to NIZZY for another Division 3 win, if you keep it up, it won't be long before you'll be up against all the old Division 3 crowd once again, only this time in Division 2.:sly:

EDK
It looks like you made another submission to correct the body copy, but it still was not quite right. The Fetchbot would have sent you a reply, telling you your time was rejected. I know it was late there, so understand why you might not have wanted to wait around for that.

With the volume of submissions we deal with each week, there's tremendous value in the automation Fetchbot provides, but that puts some onus back on the participants to deal with the finicky nature of computers.

Feel free to send a PM to Vaxen, and he can decide if he would like to include you in the results.

Finally, it might help for you to have a more patient and straightforward attitude/approach.

Interesting that we have many members that submit without issue every week, but when you have a problem, you try to put it back on us.

Yeah, i shouldn't have got shirty sorry, was just abit annoyed how i failed so many times in the TT then had 4 and a half hours sleep and then went to work, apart from the qualifier thats the first time i submitted in a long long time and its different that what it was like before i think.

Dan, unbelievable lap and time. Never cease to amaze me, that time being atleast .3 better than i think i could have got with a month of practice also great time Zoky and well done plato.

Special mentions to Dan for another amazing lap.:bowdown: To Red for thumping everyone in Division 2 and to NIZZY for another Division 3 win, if you keep it up, it won't be long before you'll be up against all the old Division 3 crowd once again, only this time in Division 2.:sly:

When I do make it to D2 I will certainly need to up my game to get anywhere near the podium, or at least percivere until yourself are the rest of D2 get promoted to D1. :lol: . Looking forward to the challenge.

GTP_poolhaas -
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Carlos -
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_DHolland -
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Plato -
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_NIZZY -
gflagjn4.gif

And Zoky, OMG how close was that!? (If the image doesn't show, right-click, show image)
CwmLkJRreo4VfkKar_0.jpg

Your tyre barely touches the line. But the line is broken so...
GTP_Zoky_CRO -
gflagjn4.gif

Last edited:
I really dont know how some of you blokes pull off these times, it really is excellent to have such a high benchmark to chase. This was the most I could push out of that car this week. absolutely loved the track (first time there) and the car. Hopefuly with the weeks to come i will start to improve.

Enough of that now here is my replay.

Attachments

• PS3 WRS Week 16 GTP_Luds78.zip
    280.2 KB · Views: 11
GTP_poolhaas -
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Carlos -
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_DHolland -
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Plato -
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_NIZZY -
gflagjn4.gif

And Zoky, OMG how close was that!?
CwmLkJRreo4VfkKar_0.jpg

Your tyre barely touches the line. But the line is broken so...
GTP_Zoky_CRO -
gflagjn4.gif

Damn, you have been busy. Thanks for checking hopefully get around to checking some tomorrow, if you have left any for the rest of us 👍:sly:

Ok, here is my replay......

Enjoy:sly:

Attachments

• BCES00569-RPL001.zip
    272.7 KB · Views: 10
I try to learn of them. Watching the different drivingstyles :D

GTP_Mignun -
gflagjn4.gif

I can see your drivingstyle is a bit similar to mine, only you were faster:tup:

Last edited:
Thanks for checking speedy - mines been checked twice now and I should not even have uploaded it! Good job it was clean :D

Sorry to hear that bojangles, we missed you and others like NINE_HUNDRED, Iddledoo, speded66, etc in D4.

Unlike bojangles I just clean missed the deadline. With buying a house with the misses and other things going on I just forgot to submit. Going to miss this week as well 👎
Hope to be back on board next week and fighting for a podium.
Best of luck this week for all the Div4 guys and everyone else.
Cheers

6---1'42.889---GTP_pickle013
gflagjn4.gif

Clean lap, time & tires match!
Nice lap, Pickle. The only advice I can offer is on the left after the corkscrew, you could have used more track by starting farther to the right.

EDIT: Thanks to Speedy's 4-way vid, it looks like your line in that left after the corkscrew was pretty close to theirs after all.
So I guess I would withdraw my "advice". :lol:

Last edited:
GTP_Mignun -
gflagjn4.gif

I can see your drivingstyle is a bit similar to mine, only you were faster:tup:

Thanks for checking Speedy. As with driving style, I'm trying to slow down a bit & be a lot smoother through the corners. Its the only way to catch these Aliens :)

Replay uploaded, first time doing it so let me know if it doesn't work or if there are any problems. Checked over turn 3 extensively and still sure it is clean, but it's a close one! :crazy:

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    272.3 KB · Views: 10
Pushing the engine limiter to the limit as I did too:sly:
Nice, clean lap 👍
GTP_Spud -
gflagjn4.gif

Replay uploaded, first time doing it so let me know if it doesn't work or if there are any problems. Checked over turn 3 extensively and still sure it is clean, but it's a close one! :crazy:

Be watching this myself later to see how smooth you are with the controller, and throttle control must be very hard to master.

I would say it comes in second best for lap of the week behind DHolland, cause it's a great time with a pad even though I know you could of went faster as we both seemed to realize a silly mistake in turn 3 an hour before the deadline, we both failed on converting a better lap in the last hour, but at least we learnt by our mistake and hopefully get those few tenths in future WRS events 👍

Back