GTP_WRS Week 160 : Mustang Valley

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 188 comments
Oh the soundtrack :D

Beat my first target only to end up just short of taking a full second off it :banghead:. So I'll be going back for more tomorrow, I can see where to find a bit more but wasn't able to capitalize when I had the chance today :grumpy:.

:cheers:

Loving the pictures, guys. :cheers:

@Mr P Ron, I removed your bogus splits from the board, and I can see the splits you had up momentarily before you blanked 'em. :P You've been a great benchmarker and you've been helping keep this area of GTP alive, so I would hope you wouldn't feel the need to keep your splits a secret until Monday deadline. Don't sink to that level. :D

I'm ok mate, just had a mini hissy fit over the sandbagging we see most weeks.. I don't really agree that most participants share splits for drivers to compete against yet a select few will use those splits as a benchmark and then surpass the target you set for them and keep hush hush until it's too late to try and respond.. would they really push so hard without seeing what the competition has? but that's just my old fashioned view I suppose.

It's a new age WRS and new ways so we try and move on with the times.. so this week I'm experimenting and stay in stealth mode with my splits and see how it pans out? I'll defo post my best overall at the deadline as it's not a problem for anyone bar myself anyway :lol: GLA 👍

Thanks for the kind words also :cheers: and apologies for sinking to that level but the toys aint really back in the pram just yet.. I'll be back monday 11:50pm :D:tup:

I'm ok mate, just had a mini hissy fit over the sandbagging we see most weeks.. I don't really agree that most participants share splits for drivers to compete against yet a select few will use those splits as a benchmark and then surpass the target you set for them and keep hush hush until it's too late to try and respond.. would they really push so hard without seeing what the competition has? but that's just my old fashioned view I suppose.

It's a new age WRS and new ways so we try and move on with the times.. so this week I'm experimenting and stay in stealth mode with my splits and see how it pans out? I'll defo post my best overall at the deadline as it's not a problem for anyone bar myself anyway :lol: GLA 👍

Thanks for the kind words also :cheers: and apologies for sinking to that level but the toys aint really back in the pram just yet.. I'll be back monday 11:50pm :D:tup:
It has been happening a lot lately. I am not sure why people want to do that....

Liking that this combo allows you to just stack laps together, not a lot of crashing and subsequent restarting. :)

Second sector is quite tricky and requires some needle threading along with gradually scrubbing momentum while keeping the car pointed.

It's been slow going for me this week,can't get the hang of sector 2..

@Mr P Heck yea,Give em a taste of their own medicine 👍
👍
NO WAIT,I'm having to eat the medicine too,and I don't like the taste of it:irked:...... 👎. If your going to force feed it to me at least say you put some bubble gum flavor in it..

We both know two wrongs don't make a right..
I never really complain about the no split sharing guys because I always felt like you spoke for most of us.. I guess I should try being a little more out spoken, I start by trying it out on a wrs friend that thinks like I do.

How's it workin.. ??

We both know two wrongs don't make a right..
I never really complain about the no split sharing guys because I always felt like you spoke for most of us.. I guess I should try being a little more out spoken, I start by trying it out on a wrs friend that thinks like I do.

How's it workin.. ??

It actually bores the $hit out of me, I wish I hadn't bothered to post what I did above and decided instead to just let it pass me by :irked: but like a stubborn child I did post and now I'm playing out this silly no comparing splits stance to express my thoughts against it haha.. I'm 45 year old ffs and I feel like i'm 10 :guilty:

I genuinely enjoy the WRS a lot hence why I have been taking part on and off for the last 15 years.. Not enjoying it his way though and quite literally I feel like a fool for my stance 👎:dunce:

But hey! as they say here in the UK.. There's usually at least one ar$ehole appears at most gatherings through life.. just happens it's me on this occasion :embarrassed:

GL to all racing this sweet combo :cheers:

Better 1st sector and matched the second sector and shaved a whopping .04x at the line :D I see where I'm losing time. Going to keep pushing myself :)

BB: 2/4 I ran 4/8 before but I think I like 2/4 better so far.

Great job so far that posted their splits on the board and good luck to everyone that is running this week's combo! It's a lot of fun! :cheers:

Got a 45.4 so far, not sure what I'm doing yet though, so my times are still all over the place. Actual splits at some point maybe, just wanting to make it clear I'm running a combo ATM because reasons et cetera. :P

Anyone else get the feeling Ron's getting cold sweats from not posting? Good luck with your goal, mate. 👍

I don't really agree that most participants share splits for drivers to compete against yet a select few will use those splits as a benchmark and then surpass the target you set for them and keep hush hush until it's too late to try and respond.. would they really push so hard without seeing what the competition has?

I'm sorry you feel this way at this particular point.Must admit I'm no fan either of last minute submissions,but hey,there's allways someone faster then you out there.
And what the pushing concerns when splits are being posted:I still scare the 🤬 out of me sometimes when I try a new WRS for the first time,thinking I'm doing a nice job for the first run and check the board afterwards :lol::lol:
And 9 out of 10 it's you who's at p1 👍
It's WRS what made me faster after all those years,and hunting splits was a major part of that.
Pretty sure I'm not the only one :lol:
Race on
:gtplanet:

I agree Eric sharing splits pushes us all faster and without them we would never really know where we are losing or gaining for each sector so comparing splits makes us better drivers and more competitive, I made my point horribly and apologize to anyone offended by my stupid rant.. I'm just gonna move on now :embarrassed::tup:

GLA :cheers:

Just when I thought I was done with GT6, I find yet another reason to comeback.

Question: I see everyone using for the most part unaltered cars looks wise and I know the numbers and wheel colors are accepted but could I still can use my car, even if its cosmetically been made to look abit more...Shelby?

3SqAcn9KQTK4HRjRY1_0.jpg

Minus the tires obviously.

@RACECAR I believe adding cosmetic parts counts for "tuning" in Fetchy's programming, which is prohibited for this event. We don't know if the altered aerodynamics will alter the playing field so it's safe to just say no and limit it to the wheels only. I believe GT6 also considers the addition of cosmetic kits to be considered tuning.

Just when I thought I was done with GT6, I find yet another reason to comeback.

Question: I see everyone using for the most part unaltered cars looks wise and I know the numbers and wheel colors are accepted but could I still can use my car, even if its cosmetically been made to look abit more...Shelby?

View attachment 626493

Minus the tires obviously.
Pretty sure that's the GT350R.

@RACECAR I believe adding cosmetic parts counts for "tuning" in Fetchy's programming, which is prohibited for this event. We don't know if the altered aerodynamics will alter the playing field so it's safe to just say no and limit it to the wheels only. I believe GT6 also considers the addition of cosmetic kits to be considered tuning.

If that's the case, then I'll just use my other one.

Pretty sure that's the GT350R.

I assure you its the GT350, it just has the cosmetic option where you can remove the chrome bumpers and make it look exactly like the GT350R (which as a massive Shelby fan, I took advantage of :D)

Again though if its considered tuning, then I'll just use the other one I have.

Oh. My. God.

That little 289 probably has one of the sweetest notes of any car in the game.

Full Manual H-gate shifting is like
biggrin.gif
drool.gif
confused0068.gif
emoticon17.gif

Ran off 10 laps full manual.

Will be doing more. Usually I listen to music while getting the data from the replay. Not tonight.

Back