GTP_WRS Week 160 : Mustang Valley

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 188 comments
Pretty sure I left 2 tenths out there, but I improved by over half a tenth today, and these are the splits from my sub.

While I had several 22.8's at T1, I could never connect them to a decent lap. And my second sectors have been incredibly inconsistent.

See you guys on Wednesday, not going to mess up the fuel strategy again. :mischievous:

Aaand gone are the .8''s in T1 again.
Gained it at sector 2.Left almost a tenth in the last sector also.
I guess this is it.My feet are killing me and got cramps in neck and shoulders.
I'm to old for these party's :mad:
Thanks @EDK and @Gravitron for the combo.
Good luck all
:cheers:

Had a good lap that was dirty at turn 1, so I felt pressured to at least match it :scared:

I laughed at the T2 split... race to the finish line @Mr P :P

Mighty close to dirty on the final corner, though, so I'll keep running for the time being...

I decided to do a likely last session. I got bored quick though. Then, I suddenly see a blue line of digits and realize it's at the line.

Hmm, probably pb sector three then. I guess I used to overdrive the first corner there.

What is this point. I shift nearly limiter - about 7000.
I tested it on the 400 meter user created test track I have, and it basically made no difference.

Meaning, whether redline, or 7,000, or 6,900 - it was all about the same.

Now, there IS an advantage to short shifting in certain areas of the track, just to gain traction.

Submitted my best from the other day as I was too busy gambling and losing money to run again haha :dopey:
The end section on my best save is easy .150 slower than the best speed I have taken it so I know even before Mcsqueegy latest update that I was way off the pace already :D Great splits btw :bowdown: Good to push you this week to run some more panic laps even though you really didn't have to.. as I said the end of my lap is garbage ;)

Well done to everyone else for one of the best turnouts we seen in many week 👍 and GL to all in the results :cheers:

@Napalm_LT ^^ Exactly.To be specific:the first corner and the tunnel entrance.
Try it to run after you're own ghost and shift extreme early to third gear and look what happens.You'll be suprised.
So I am using 1st to slow the car and get to apex at the tunnel entry, and my short shift there is to 2nd. I tried a 3rd gear short shift and it did not work for me, maybe I am not going fast enough. :dopey:

I am also using 2nd to rotate the car on the tunnel exit, but keeping it in 3rd for the final complex.

And yeah, @mcsqueegy shared his short shift to 3rd for turn 1 in the Friday beer room. The only 0.8's I got for T1 were with that technique, but I could never tie one to a decent lap. Getting the braking right for turn 1 to make the apex was a bit of a craps shoot for me. :lol:

Great splits btw :bowdown: Good to push you this week to run some more panic laps even though you really didn't have to.. as I said the end of my lap is garbage ;)
You know what they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure. I would take the end of your lap. ;)

Well done to everyone else for one of the best turnouts we seen in many week 👍 and GL to all in the results :cheers:
Yeah, agree. Hopefully we have reined some guys back in from PS4/AC/pCARS or whatever other distractions they have had.

Last edited:
@Napalm_LT ^^ Exactly.To be specific:the first corner and the tunnel entrance.
Try it to run after you're own ghost and shift extreme early to third gear and look what happens.You'll be suprised.

Thanks for help. but I dont't have time to do something better. Submited with curent splits.
I dont remember other combo, where I did my best lap in first 3 hours and couldnt improve it within next 6 hours.
Good luck all

Thanks for help. but I dont't have time to do something better. Submited with curent splits.
I dont remember other combo, where I did my best lap in first 3 hours and couldnt improve it within next 6 hours.
Good luck all
This was a tough one in that sense. I was something like an hour in yesterday before I could even get within shouting distance of my prior best, I began the session running 4-5 tenths off.

When I ran on Saturday, I tied my prior best lap, to the thousandth. The splits were of course different, but the lap was exactly the same. Then when I did improve, it was by 0.061. Yesterday, my further improvement was by 0.065. It was a lot of running for 0.134 of improvement.

I think the Sports Hard tires and basically what amounts to 6 turns had us finding quick potential and difficult improvement.

EDK
I think the Sports Hard tires and basically what amounts to 6 turns had us finding quick potential and difficult improvement.
And earheadache.
My board has 8 figures within 180 ms or so. Used to have 3 laps within 3 ms but they dropped off to >9th.

Reactions: EDK
Good luck all

There's allways the opertunity to download some replays of the aliens.I don't do it myself anymore these days,but when I began runnin' wrs the week wasn't ending on monday nights :lol::lol:
Download a ghost,check their speeds at certain points at the track.Pretty sure you're on a higher speed at the apex then them.
Check steering movements,and at which point they steer and how much.Especially these combo's give excellent feedback.
Good Luck (with the next one :cheers:)

Submitting with...

:banghead: for 3 days to break a barrier I was hundredths away from :grumpy: . Thanks to @EDK and @Rikson with the short-shifting advice, I finally managed to break on through :D:tup:. 0.146 Improvement nearly all in Turn 1 thanks fellas :cheers:
Indeed. I too really appreciate your stance, @EDK & @Rikson . 👍
Even though I can't get any benefit for this round cause I have already uploaded my lap yesterday.

Indeed. I too really appreciate your stance, @EDK & @Rikson . 👍
Even though I can't get any benefit for this round cause I have already uploaded my lap yesterday.

This is a very competitive week, so I probably kept my cards a little closer to the vest than usual. But if anyone asked the question, I would have been happy to answer it. I just was not volunteering information early.

But those of you guys who showed up to the Saturday WW race would have the opportunity to save the replay and watch what the fast guys were doing anyhow. :)

Man I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning! Best last minute run I've ever had, and of course I'd do that the week of the sandbagging saga :lol:

So after watching it 10 times in disbelief it's been submitted and accepted. Good luck everyone :cheers:

Man I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning! Best last minute run I've ever had, and of course I'd do that the week of the sandbagging saga :lol:

So after watching it 10 times in disbelief it's been submitted and accepted. Good luck everyone :cheers:
Wow, those are some eye popping D2 splits. 👍

You've posted splits several times through the week, nothing wrong with improving as the week goes by.

I'm forced to submit with my posted splits. I thought I'd have time for another run after the WW race but that was not the case (thanks to my own time management skills). Best of luck to everyone!

Back