GTP_WRS Week 160 : Mustang Valley

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 188 comments
And I nearly failed to acknowledge these, from the master. Nice ones. :bowdown:

Someone's up early too :lol: Will try to get some splits for the grouop hug this weekend :gtpflag:
Not too bad, it's only 7:20 here, remember that Boise is MST. I get up at 5:30 on weekdays.

We have to take the kids (dogs and cat) to the vet today, so I had an alarm set.........

200 km today, but not improve :(
Can quite easilly find .1 in S1, can also repeat S3, but cant stick all sectors tpgether. Also S2 is killing me :)
Probably thats all for me.

It's funny (to me, at least). I did about ~15 laps last weekend at @EDK's place when we were cooking this combo up. Full disclosure, it really only takes 2 or 3 laps for me to 👍 a combo that's obviously fun.

Then I did Assetto on Mon & Tues, then the NA Jag@Fuji race on Wed followed by a 1hr online practice session on this combo, testing draft. 3hr epic @GTP_Nail practice room on Thurs, and then about 2hrs last night online in the beer room, before we started switching to other ideas.

First offline session last night was ~15laps, and I was only 0.1 faster than a week ago on Kev's rig. Woke up early (for a Saturday) and beat that by 0.4 at the line in another 15lap session, which was my only good run through T2 so far, with a saaaad T1. Tips from Kev and @mcsqueegy last night appreciated. :cheers: So that's where I sit now.

Kev's rig is amazing, and I'm sure I would get used to it quickly with more laps, but there's a certain feeling when you get back on your own contraption. :D Kev's old T500 w/ F1 rim is still kicking, and its creaks and groans and notchy-ness are the feedback I was missing in the butter-smooth Fanatec. :embarrassed:

EDIT: 1327km on the car, same one we used on Roamin' Ponies. :lol:

Last edited:
Night AND day: I basically knew at 0.3 seconds into the third sector I was botching it like it was my first try. :crazy:

edit: that's quite the popular average speed (I wonder if the lines are the same) in the middle

Last edited:
We should call this Sidewalk Valley....my lap previously posted was a conventional lap that I can not better due to an un repeatable first sector (by me). Races are going to be fun.

Here is the new Panoz
IMG_3160.JPG

3 hours total

BB 4/10

The turn at tunnel exit is the one that did cost me so many good runs...it can really destroy a lap if you can't let the car mantain momentum trough that corner.

But the real ptoblem is: you folks are too fast.
:D:lol:

EDK
And I nearly failed to acknowledge these, from the master. Nice ones. :bowdown:

Haha definitely not master or it wouldn't have taken me so many laps to find some pace :P anyway the T2 is not the key to a good lap here.. it's the exit speed from the tunnel and keeping it through that damn last bend ;) I reckon about .2 can separate a mediocre and a decent last bend.. a good split does help then the rest of the lap you start praying :lol:

btw my BB is 8/6 if I hadn't already mentioned 👍

Haha definitely not master or it wouldn't have taken me so many laps to find some pace :P anyway the T2 is not the key to a good lap here.. it's the exit speed from the tunnel and keeping it through that damn last bend ;) I reckon about .2 can separate a mediocre and a decent last bend.. a good split does help then the rest of the lap you start praying :lol:

btw my BB is 8/6 if I hadn't already mentioned 👍
Join us if you can

Back