GTP_WRS Week 164 : Midnight at Tsukuba

• Thread starter EDK
  • 102 comments
G'day all. Great combo Kevin 👍

Ron, you're still here.... :P

First time behind the wheel for months and took me about an hour to find any real pace. Ended a tiring session with:

Can see alot more time, particularly in the 1st sector but consistency is a bit sketchy at this point, so maybe not likely I will get much faster. Fun trying on a short lap though. :)

4 ms impr., time to retire?
I hear you 👍.

A monumental 6 hundredths at the line :lol:. Can't even touch my previous t1 time (made on lap 3 of first session) and can't string together a good t2 and final corner for decent gains. Been 2 tenths quicker at t2 and keep stuffing up that last bend :banghead:.

@Thematic @Thorin Cain
Never give up! Keep driving a lot of laps. Try to repeat exactly every lap. After they are flowing automatically (this is consistency), try to experiment one thing (braking point, earlier acceleration, different entries etc.), only one thing at a time at every single corner and see if you have improved.

If not, try to be smoother and faster with the wheel and the pedal and continue repeating hundreds of consistent laps.

You'll end up improving a lot, for sure. Maybe some day you'll be number one, maybe you will not, but you'll be a good one. First cannot exist without the second.

:cheers:

@Thematic @Thorin Cain
Never give up! Keep driving a lot of laps. Try to repeat exactly every lap. After they are flowing automatically (this is consistency), try to experiment one thing (braking point, earlier acceleration, different entries etc.), only one thing at a time at every single corner and see if you have improved.

If not, try to be smoother and faster with the wheel and the pedal and continue repeating hundreds of consistent laps.

You'll end up improving a lot, for sure. Maybe some day you'll be number one, maybe you will not, but you'll be a good one. First cannot exist without the second.

Just wanted to sympathise with a fellow human driver is all :P. I know I'll get there with time and practice :)👍.

Remember, I still have one of these attached to my wheel....
images
:lol:.

Worthless first sector,over 0.1 left there :banghead:
All ready running this combo more then I planned.
I should make a deal with myself to quit and submit when the ranking list on the screen is within 0.1 :lol:

This combo is VERY easy to overdrive. The car has a ton of corner exit grip when you get it right, but it's very easy to miss braking points and apexes, also easy to get impatient with the throttle on point. Timing is key, accurate braking points and throttle on points, with good clean lines will let the lap times come.

Easier said than done. In my session last night, every time I found myself pushing, I would be down 2 or 3 tenths to my prior best. When I just relaxed and focused on hitting my marks, I had the chance to improve.

Yeah this combo needs nice timing.. early braking for all the early apex's and try to roll the car on it's free momentum after braking and apply the throttle halfway into the apex of the turn and hope you get a neat exit with good speed.

The best tip I can possibly give through testing is for turn 3... before going under the tyre bridge, try to approach the turn in 3rd gear and lightly stab the brakes and drop to 2nd for a split second then back up to 3rd as you hit the apex of the turn for much greater speed and hold a tight line until T2 where it will be much faster than taking it in 2nd ;) dropping to 2nd briefly just turns the car in better but you probably knew that already :D

GL guys 👍

The best tip I can possibly give through testing is for turn 3... before going under the tyre bridge, try to approach the turn in 3rd gear and lightly stab the brakes and drop to 2nd for a split second then back up to 3rd as you hit the apex of the turn for much greater speed and hold a tight line until T2 where it will be much faster than taking it in 2nd ;) dropping to 2nd briefly just turns the car in better but you probably knew that already :D
I've been short shifting to 3rd right after I lift and setting the car hard and fast with the wheel. Smooth but fast motion. No braking.

But you have 2 tenths on me in that sector, so I am guessing your approach is better. I was already thinking of ways I could approach that turn differently, so thanks. 👍 :)

I agree with @danbojte 👍....but for the bit where he says he's not tried it yet of course :sly:.
That little tip helped me break one of those invisible time barriers I had my sights on :D.
Thanks @Mr P 👍:bowdown:

New splits

15.209 :banghead:
34.209 :odd:spooky:D

Took a tenth off overall and into the 1.0Xs I go :P.

Now for some food, some coffee, a smoke and it's off to Mid-Field for some real fun :)👍. Hope you guys bring your :cool:, it's going to be a little bright :lol:

but for the bit where he says he's not tried it yet of course :sly:.
I mean it Craig, really. :mischievous: ;) I haven't even bought the car yet. I developed a weird :odd: habit as I'll start the new event after the EU Race day only. :cheers:

I mean it Craig, really. :mischievous: ;) I haven't even bought the car yet. I developed a weird :odd: habit as I'll start the new event after the EU Race day only. :cheers:
I know you mean every word you type my friend :bowdown:. All I meant was I have tried it already :).

It's obviously a habit that has been serving you well 👍

Yeah this combo needs nice timing.. early braking for all the early apex's and try to roll the car on it's free momentum after braking and apply the throttle halfway into the apex of the turn and hope you get a neat exit with good speed.

GL guys 👍
Great tips Mr P! I was clicking onto the early braking but I didn't think to let it coast, really helped aiming the car for the exits :cheers:.

BB 5/5

Nice combo, car doesn't understeer as much as I thought it would. There's that special moment when, in an almost imperceptible slide, the car grips it's way out of a turn that is pure GT-R bliss :bowdown:
First splits
Guess there's not much left out there for me, but who knows, it's only Thursday :gtpflag:

btw this combo grates the skin off my right hand index finger :P does anyone else have this issue?
It's my thumb...not only in this combo :lol: I know i should steer with the turn-outside hand more then with turn-inside hand. One of my mistakes and I'm working on it. Good that there's no g forces behind the sim racing stand. else I'd be done after 15min. :cheers:

Waiting for the lucky hit to find my final tenths as well. Hope for a close battle at the end. Would be awesome!

Back