GTP_WRS Week 17 : Pokey in the Infield

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 291 comments
Don't think you'll be faster with TC, but I understand how it might help in the slower corners. There's not much wheelspin even in 2nd gear.
What button setup do you use?

Thanks for your reply. Maybe the awfully long 'waits' all the time before I feel like I can hit the gas again are indeed exactly the same as the amount TC would be holding me back, I am not experienced enough to know this but for now all my laps with TC are easily a second quicker than without. I do realize that I should learn to play without though so I will keep it to 0 and keep trying.

Using the default button setup ,so the accelerator is on R2.

Had a second go, and I think I'm actually getting worse at this combination. :lol:

I was thinking just the other day, "Why do they even bother having sports medium tires?" Turns out that the reason they exist is to vex me, and cause much swearing.

Went a quarter of a second faster, but it was all through the final turn.

Picking the right tyre for each car is quite hard, you want it to be on the border line of grip so you can push hard, go that little to far and it will let go. I must admit I come to do battle with fellow combatants which is hard enough.

This car as you've found is a pain it's like a wallowing jelly fish, weight shift in turn one is going to get the under-steer going, try braking just a little bit sooner but very sleight not much over half brake, may help you get better control and a tighter apex line, smooth line for 2 and 3, 4 bring the gas in slow. hope some of that helps you enjoy it a little more.

Anybody got one of these for that damn plane.
s-l1000.jpg

I am a controller user. Before I joined the WRS i always used TC, even the first couple events I did, I think week 4 or 5 I sucked it up and stopped using it, and I defiantly got faster because of it. You end up learning more about controlling car and not relying on the computer to stop you from spinning, of course if you need it, use it, it is a real aid in the real world even on race cars, but it is very rewarding when you watch your times improve as you learn to control the car without aids.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe the awfully long 'waits' all the time before I feel like I can hit the gas again are indeed exactly the same as the amount TC would be holding me back, I am not experienced enough to know this but for now all my laps with TC are easily a second quicker than without. I do realize that I should learn to play without though so I will keep it to 0 and keep trying.

Using the default button setup ,so the accelerator is on R2.
The issue is that TC doesn't work very well in GTS, mostly cutting throttle outright instead of modulating it to stop wheelspin. So I would suggest learning how to modulate it with the triggers, which are way more accurate than they used to be. Also consider braking early, which is really the only way to get on the gas early.
You really don't need TC on anything in the game below 500hp...

Thanks for all the feedback on my TC question guys. I already see in some sectors, compared to my ghost, that there is a lot to gain if you get a clean exit with your own throttle management vs the TC at 2.

New times:

Not my best sector 1 but finally improving in the second.

Question, just to be sure, what about the white areas next to the curbs in turn 2,3 and 6. I assume this is not track but ok to touch with maximum two wheels in the same time?

Question, just to be sure, what about the white areas next to the curbs in turn 2,3 and 6. I assume this is not track but ok to touch with maximum two wheels in the same time?

Hi ticeb, like the 2 red X images below from the OP, just regard the grey area as track the red striped area as rumble/ripple strips and the place where the tyres are in the X images is not legal in any combo 👍

full

So to answer your question.. The white stuff behind the rumbles is not track 👍

Initial splits for the board. TCS & BB 0 and ABS on weak as was available as an option on this car.

Good to be back on a solid surface though car can be a 'spinner' sometimes if too heavy on throttle and also when it just feels like it too !

That said looking forward more to this week than last as I found I struggled on dirt badly - the lessons learnt re throttle control etc though will be clearly useful in future events so the struggling was worth it overall I think.

First, quick 15 laps session, this is super fun even though the drift is always real with this car

I do however have a quick question of legality...not that it matters much atm, since I know I can get better splits (I can at least bring the overall time down by a second, I think, or slightly less), but would such a line be legal or not? White stuff is not track, but the curb should, so this should be two wheels on legal surface...any help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
First, quick 15 laps section, this is super fun even though the drift is always real with this car

I do however have a quick question of legality...not that it matters much atm, since I know I can get better splits (I can at least bring the overall time down by a second, I think, or slightly less), but would such a line be legal or not? White stuff is not track, but the curb should, so this should be two wheels on legal surface...any help is appreciated, thanks!

As long as you keep two wheels on the blue and white you're fine.

Thanks for all the feedback on my TC question guys. I already see in some sectors, compared to my ghost, that there is a lot to gain if you get a clean exit with your own throttle management vs the TC at 2.

New times:

Not my best sector 1 but finally improving in the second.

No problema dude happy to be of help 👍

SS tires.

Noooooo.

Jerome

Back