GTP_WRS Week 18 : Rosso Prancer

• Thread starter Argon
  • 242 comments
What are people’s thoughts on using traction control?

I’m finding its a must

Ahh the endless debate of traction control. If you can learn to drive without it you are faster, and have better control of the car, but if you feel you need it, than use it. I use to use it but have learned not to, even with a controller, and am faster because of it.

What are people’s thoughts on using traction control?

I’m finding its a must
I cannot keep it lower than 2, otherwise I spin whenever I open the throttle. This car's an untameable beast, at least for me.

Splits with fully stock car, TCS at 2, BB -2. Gonna have to try some tunes you guys have posted and see how things improve :)

Ahh the endless debate of traction control. If you can learn to drive without it you are faster, and have better control of the car, but if you feel you need it, than use it. I use to use it but have learned not to, even with a controller, and am faster because of it.

My point isn’t a debate of wether it is better with or without, but it’s more specific to this weeks trial. I’m actually finding it’s quicker using it on this particular track especially given that I’m getting out of the chicanes quicker and harder which in turn gives greater speed down the long straights

My point isn’t a debate of wether it is better with or without, but it’s more specific to this weeks trial. I’m actually finding it’s quicker using it on this particular track especially given that I’m getting out of the chicanes quicker and harder which in turn gives greater speed down the long straights

Sounds like it is really helping you, I would continue to use it then. :cheers:

Got now where tonight :yuck: couldn't do anything with my trans. Will try yours tomorrow @EDK here's my tune anyway

BB +4
RH 69/78
NF 2.93/2.93 springs
RB 9/7 nearly forgot to post this bit :lol:
DRc 53/51
DRr 84/81
CA 1.4/1.0
Toe -0.01/-0.01
DF 372/742
Diff 11/29/10

Trans max speed to 270kph then 6th to 1.117 should be hitting 272kph at the braking point.

@The Grim Reaper you've given me a idea 💡 tcs at 1 for the 1st chicane then off for the rest might help.

Last edited:
First run ever at Monza, tricky combo with this car, which I use to use online when I did sport mode.

My time is slow but this car sounds phenomenal, especially on my new headset. kid broke his so gave him my old ones, I got new ones, with a mic if I ever get a chance to race online.

My time

I have limited time this week so may not submit, but have to at least try this awesome combo.

First stint done. Quite a handful to get through the chicanes in one piece with the nose pointed forward, so I think I need to turn the TC on for the next laps.

I don't have any splits but have an update on settings that might work for some. What I'm trying to calm down a bit is the car's unexpected inclination to rotate around itself and I doubt that a tune will get rid of this all together but the following seems to help a little for me

Code:
BB 0
TCS 0 <- set this to your preference
RH 72/82 mm 2.83/3.23 inches
NF 2.95/2.95
ARB 7/5
DFC 55/55 (stock)
DFR 85/85 (stock)
CA 3.0/3.0 (stock)
Toe Out 0.15/In 0.10
DF 325/700
LSD 10/30/20
GB Custom with speed =174mph/280kmh

Really recommend trying @EDK's gearbox as he has way more of a clue with that than I do and as tuning isn't my thing at all please take the above with a pinch of salt as some of it is stabbing in the dark :)

Edit: I tried BB forward and back but both seem to undo whatever setting you make to the suspension and aero. BB- caused the car to nose dive and upset an already precarious balance and BB+ made the car way too tail happy for me.

Last edited:
Back