GTP_WRS Week 186 : Gettin' 86'd - Motegi Redemption

• Thread starter EDK
  • 99 comments
DTM
Damn Ron a 27 dead in the 2nd sector :eek: @Mr P

Not anymore.. seems if I'm fast at start it gets slower as the lap unfolds and if I'm slow at the start it goes faster :P

1'23.466

I would be over the moon to find the .2 that my splits say I should have ;) will keep plugging away and see.. GL guys :cheers:

1'23.735

Submitted and accepted with these splits.
Not entirely happy with my overall result,but had a fun (allmost) week :lol:
Tryin'to play with the big guys this week but they won't let me..:nervous:
Nice splits guys,I'm very curious to the results.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Not anymore.. seems if I'm fast at start it gets slower as the lap unfolds and if I'm slow at the start it goes faster :P

1'23.466

I would be over the moon to find the .2 that my splits say I should have ;) will keep plugging away and see.. GL guys :cheers:

:lol:

Now i'm close to that 27 dead if i only could finish of a .6 lap at T1 keep ruin that :banghead:
The exact same 3th sector as in my previous fasted lap

Well that's it for tonight

4th is the S bend is 100% definitely faster. But you won't have to go to deep into the first part of it. Don't go further than the middle of the track. Short lift steer in and back on the throttle

1'23.485

Beat my best by .008 at the line... what a joke 👎 need to hold it when I have it but it's super tricky after T2 and my old nerves are shot enough by then :D will try again before the deadline for this damn .2 :crazy:👍

Man I don't half talk some waffle :lol: one more update I pwomise :dopey:

1'23.393

Got a pretty decent end section with this and it might be my final lap if I can't improve.. still losing .2 from T2-T3 :(
Cracking combo this guys!! :cheers:

Good luck to all for the results 👍

Man I don't half talk some waffle :lol: one more update I pwomise :dopey:

1'23.393

Got a pretty decent end section with this and it might be my final lap if I can't improve.. still losing .2 from T2-T3 :(
Cracking combo this guys!! :cheers:

Good luck to all for the results 👍

Now it ain't funny anymore Ron :lol: Shame about your 3th. Atleast we both have 1 sector that sucks :cheers:

Yep sort of balanced out almost.. but you are still ahead :banghead:

:sly:👍

That halve a tenth ain't noting mate. 1 meter earlier braking and halve a tenth is gone

Hi,

after five hours of sunday practicing I found a major improvement of 0,016 seconds :indiff:

hard, hard work. But I love this car.

cheers,
D.

I just submitted my best lap from the splits board.. I need to race something else now as I haven't the desire to run it anymore chasing a lap I probably wouldn't get :D

Next one please..
mutley.gif

Reactions: EDK
Submitted and accepted with previously posted splits 👍. Can't spend any more time on it I'm afraid. Was unable to best final time despite many better splits showing up along the way :(.

Best of luck to all of you still running :cheers:.

I just submitted my best lap from the splits board.. I need to race something else now as I haven't the desire to run it anymore chasing a lap I probably wouldn't get :D

Next one please..
mutley.gif
Next week should be posted up soon. We did a bunch of testing in an online lobby yesterday, and I know the thread has been started.

I've also submitted with my posted splits.

EDK
Next week should be posted up soon. We did a bunch of testing in an online lobby yesterday, and I know the thread has been started.

I've also submitted with my posted splits.

I was just bored last night when I posted that... hoped a little prompt might get the new one posted :D ended up falling asleep watching a film so all good 👍

Looking forward to the next one tonight :mischievous:👍

Just run a massive last sector and was me PB But with less splits. In other famous words "slower splits faster at the line" :lol:

Kev @EDK a side note about the tires. You said you choose them to avoid slipping on the curbs. Once you run this on the limit you will slip on the curbs too. And if you run it on the limit you hardly feel the rear slowly slipping under you. By the time you feel the rear sliding it's to late to catch and you loose massive time. It would be better if the tired announced it earlier so you can catch the car with some counter steering.

Any one else experience this?

Can we do a stock WRS on comfort soft with the RX7 on a good track, Grand Valley :D. It will be hard for some people but it will definitely help people understanding the weight shifting, what is a incredible important expect of racing.

One more short stint.

DTM
Just run a massive last sector and was me PB But with less splits. In other famous words "slower splits faster at the line" :lol:

Kev @EDK a side note about the tires. You said you choose them to avoid slipping on the curbs. Once you run this on the limit you will slip on the curbs too. And if you run it on the limit you hardly feel the rear slowly slipping under you. By the time you feel the rear sliding it's to late to catch and you loose massive time. It would be better if the tired announced it earlier so you can catch the car with some counter steering.
After running the combo a bunch at the limit, I agree with you.

I tend to put a lot of weight on first impressions, and I thought the car was a bit crazy on the RH tires. But then I mistakenly started a session on RH on Friday, and I did not have the same experience as I had in testing.

We were in an online lobby yesterday, and I think the guys who were in there would tell you I said almost exactly what you have here. When the car is fully loaded, you have to avoid the curbs.

I think the race tires on GT6 are poorly modeled in general, and the "cliff" has been present since day one. But I also try and represent the range of cars, tracks, and tires that are available to us. So you will see me pull out RM or RS tires, from time to time.

For the record, I never do well on race tires, most of my great submissions over the years and my podium and win came on Sports or Comfort Tires. I prefer those personally, but I realize we have to cater to more then just my personal taste.

I think you will enjoy that a bit more on GT Sport, the tire model is much better and the cars tend to be a little more predictable when they go to step out.

Back