GTP_WRS Week 186 : Gettin' 86'd - Motegi Redemption

• Thread starter EDK
  • 99 comments
Just a amazing stint run lap after lap very close to my best time. But in every lap there was one corner just not good enough. 2nd and 3rd sector are pretty average. But at least i have a .6 in the first and delighted with the last sector.

Good luck everybody. I had a blast 👍

Submitted and accepted
32.661 :D
59.877 :banghead:
83.477 :banghead:

Last sector :crazy: :bowdown: :scared: :sly: :eek:

EDK
After running the combo a bunch at the limit, I agree with you.

I tend to put a lot of weight on first impressions, and I thought the car was a bit crazy on the RH tires. But then I mistakenly started a session on RH on Friday, and I did not have the same experience as I had in testing.

We were in an online lobby yesterday, and I think the guys who were in there would tell you I said almost exactly what you have here. When the car is fully loaded, you have to avoid the curbs.

I think the race tires on GT6 are poorly modeled in general, and the "cliff" has been present since day one. But I also try and represent the range of cars, tracks, and tires that are available to us. So you will see me pull out RM or RS tires, from time to time.

For the record, I never do well on race tires, most of my great submissions over the years and my podium and win came on Sports or Comfort Tires. I prefer those personally, but I realize we have to cater to more then just my personal taste.

I think you will enjoy that a bit more on GT Sport, the tire model is much better and the cars tend to be a little more predictable when they go to step out.

CS doesn't really is personal preference but its just a great change. The tires are usually up graded 1 compound to make it a bit easier for the lower classified drivers (who i respect, i stared in D3B too way back in time) But out of personal experience i learned to understand racing more on those kind of tires (with tips of the pro's, what i'm willing to give like some other i suppose, not considering myself a pro tho). Of course it takes a while but in the end i'm happy hang in there and kept trying with less grippy tires. :cheers:

Submitted and accepted with current splits, didn't get another go today and my last session was... not great.

On an entirely unrelated note, I now have a break cue after reading some stuff online and finding out that a flatter tip is good for that. 🤬 context! :lol:

Very nice combo indeed. The track and its sweepers are a true blast.

3xx
1xx
1xx

A hairy moment before the first viaduct cost me dearly ...

OOPS just realised it's already Tuesday :)

Last edited:
Congratulations @Mr P with overall win and all podium finishers and everyone who reached his goal.
I've did some checking of the 'common' laps.They were all fine.
Nice and close at the top :cheers:

Mysteron71
greenflag-gif.152575

GTP_DTM
greenflag-gif.152575

mistersafeway
greenflag-gif.152575

Deux_Milles
greenflag-gif.152575

THORIN-RAYVEN
greenflag-gif.152575

acenbrone
greenflag-gif.152575

SERIALF
greenflag-gif.152575

Congratulations @Mr P with overall win and all podium finishers and everyone who reached his goal.
I've did some checking of the 'common' laps.They were all fine.
Nice and close at the top :cheers:

Mysteron71
greenflag-gif.152575

GTP_DTM
greenflag-gif.152575

mistersafeway
greenflag-gif.152575

Deux_Milles
greenflag-gif.152575

THORIN-RAYVEN
greenflag-gif.152575

acenbrone