GTP_WRS Week 19: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 83 comments
Maique
greenflag-gif.152575

Nice improvement during that particular session!
Thanks for checking.

Lap comparison between motion sensor and analog controls, analog was faster but submitted the motion sensor lap as I'd be using that form now on.

Really impressed Hasnain, considering how long you've been using stick and how long motion, I wonder just how fast you'll be on motion given the same time.

After receiving a request to review the replay from @EDK due to a reported infraction of track limits before the start line of the submitted lap I want to inform everyone that we are upholding the clean lap decision that was given for the following reasons.

1) The track limit was breached on the lap preceding the submitted lap and we do not verify either the preceding or following laps with the proviso of the following.
2) If we believe unfair advantage could be gained by not observing track limits prior to or after completing your lap we will call this out in the OP for the time trial and state what we would look for as a tell tale. We do not however specifically look for evidence of complying with track limits either before you start or after you complete your submitted lap.

It is also important to note that the above was a unanimous decision on the part of the admin team and that @EDK played no part in this decision.

After receiving a request to review the replay from @EDK due to a reported infraction of track limits before the start line of the submitted lap I want to inform everyone that we are upholding the clean lap decision that was given for the following reasons.

1) The track limit was breached on the lap preceding the submitted lap and we do not verify either the preceding or following laps with the proviso of the following.
2) If we believe unfair advantage could be gained by not observing track limits prior to or after completing your lap we will call this out in the OP for the time trial and state what we would look for as a tell tale. We do not however specifically look for evidence of complying with track limits either before you start or after you complete your submitted lap.

It is also important to note that the above was a unanimous decision on the part of the admin team and that @EDK played no part in this decision.
We have used this rule in the past so I agree also

Very good explanation regarding track limits before the start and after the finish of ones submitted lap.

Rookie mistake for me as well. Did most of my laps on hard tires which were much faster for me. When I realized it was comfort softs only ran a few laps. I assume the the softs are quite a bit slower . Correct ?

Rookie mistake for me as well. Did most of my laps on hard tires which were much faster for me. When I realized it was comfort softs only ran a few laps. I assume the the softs are quite a bit slower . Correct ?

Softs will generally be quicker than hard unless you are saying you started with Sports Hard in which case moving to Comfort soft would be slower but not by much

Lap comparison between motion sensor and analog controls, analog was faster but submitted the motion sensor lap as I'd be using that form now on.

I'm terrible with the controller, and I can drive with the motion sensor. I used it a few times when I was having wheel problems. I even used it in some Sport Mode races. :scared:

I have to use auto trans and some TC on the Gr. 3 cars in particular, but I can definitely make it work, and am probably around 1-1.5 seconds off my wheel pace.

I like to hold the controller on a flat plane, as if it was sitting on a table top, and then point the center line in the direction I want the car to go. This seems more accurate than holding it on a vertical plane and pretending it's a steering wheel.

EDK
I'm terrible with the controller, and I can drive with the motion sensor. I used it a few times when I was having wheel problems. I even used it in some Sport Mode races. :scared:

I have to use auto trans and some TC on the Gr. 3 cars in particular, but I can definitely make it work, and am probably around 1-1.5 seconds off my wheel pace.

I like to hold the controller on a flat plane, as if it was sitting on a table top, and then point the center line in the direction I want the car to go. This seems more accurate than holding it on a vertical plane and pretending it's a steering wheel.
Oh ok, I did try that for a couple of laps but it wasn't for me so yeah I just use it as if it's a normal steering wheel

Some great results guys well done everyone.

Can someone explain the handicapped results to me? I have tried to get my head round what they are but can’t seem to grasp it :banghead:

Cheers in advance

Jamie 👍

Can someone explain the handicapped results to me? I have tried to get my head round what they are but can’t seem to grasp it :banghead:

Cheers in advance

Jamie 👍

Not sure what exactly you need an explanation on but does > this < post help at all?

Edit: also forgot this one in the FAQ > here

Cheers in advance

Jamie 👍
If it helps, I just ignore the lap times in that section and find it more useful for ranking how people performed relative to their own handicap, the numbers in parenthesis.

That's really the whole purpose of that section, I would say the lap times are just for fun.

Back