GTP_WRS Week 19 : Pinch Me, Am I Dreaming?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 290 comments
But time was set on the first lap after a restart just like my previous good lap, so I suspected that this could cause the fade.
I had two replays on the first lap after a restart fade away despite going a full, clean lap...I guess it is random when it worked for you later in the session. :confused: I have decided to do a warm up lap each session to try and avoid this bug...:grumpy:

I had two replays on the first lap after a restart fade away despite going a full, clean lap...I guess it is random when it worked for you later in the session. :confused: I have decided to do a warm up lap each session to try and avoid this bug...:grumpy:
What I learned the hard way during the Huracanyo WRS, is to never, ever push the Options button, select "Retry" and then have your session, it bugs the hell out. Splits are not visible in the final statistics, best lap replay most of the time doesn't get saved, and if it does, it has the dreaded fade. It's always better to just quit the session and restart it again.

Anyways, some small improvement (.05 at the line)...

Starting to get the hang of it...a bit...ok, I still can't keep her straight, but whatever, it's fun :lol:

It sure looks like some kind of a pattern if you also got 2 of them after restart. :confused:

What I learned the hard way during the Huracanyo WRS, is to never, ever push the Options button, select "Retry" and then have your session, it bugs the hell out. Splits are not visible in the final statistics, best lap replay most of the time doesn't get saved, and if it does, it has the dreaded fade. It's always better to just quit the session and restart it again.

Interesting. 👍 I did start my 2 good test laps after an "Exit". I'll redo the experiment after a "Retry".

I also had problems with this bug in week 8 in Stingray at Kyoto - Miyabi. I definitely also did a lot of restart on that one. :dopey: :lol:

Anyways, some small improvement (.05 at the line)...

Starting to get the hang of it...a bit...ok, I still can't keep her straight, but whatever, it's fun :lol:
I do this all the time, meaning options and retry. Has no effect, I've only had the replay big if I pause and exit right after start finish.

Best lap replay running/fading out as you cross the line. Sometimes the final lap time can be seen in a split second other times it seems impossible to see the laptime making it difficult or even impossible to verify the laptime of the replay.

Thanks for the info :)

Just took another look at my reply and all seems to be ok.

EDK
I do this all the time, meaning options and retry. Has no effect, I've only had the replay big if I pause and exit right after start finish.
Until Monza, I was doing the same without the bug...run 10 to 15 seconds after the lap and hit save. I did a lot of pause and then restart with no problems but last week and this week, I have been getting the bug when it is the first lap after a restart.

Congrats on your online win today!

:cheers:

Interesting. 👍 I did start my 2 good test laps after an "Exit". I'll redo the experiment after a "Retry".

Did some more testing on the lap1 and "Retry/Exit" issues.

I drove a fast lap 1 followed by one clean sector in lap 2, then exit and save best lap replay.

I repeated this 8 times over 3 different sessions.
I did 5 "Retry" runs where I passed the stating line - pressed option - pressed retry - and then did my fast lap.
3 "Exit" runs where I started after an exit.
6 of the runs was done on this weeks combo. The last 2 in the M3 at Kyoto.

None of the 8 replays was showing any signs of the fade bug. :dopey:

But "Retry"does indeed seem to induce some buggy behavior as @Strax mentioned.

What I learned the hard way during the Huracanyo WRS, is to never, ever push the Options button, select "Retry" and then have your session, it bugs the hell out. Splits are not visible in the final statistics

This was easy to reproduce. After hitting the retry the "Session result" was buggy and only showing the optimum sectors. After the "regular" starts sector times in Session Result showed up nicely. Happened to me consistently in all12 stints I drove this morning (7 was after a "Retry").

Never noticed this pattern before, so in the future I'll pay a lot more attention to when to just hit Retry and when to start all over. 👍

@eggmann Hi Ryan. Long time no see. Great to see you around again. :)

So I did about 40 laps using the motion sensor on the pad and got within 2 tenths of my best time. Interestingly my optimal was 3 tenths quicker than my optimal from last time. I was about half a second off my optimal so there is time to find. I quite enjoyed doing it this way so I've to just stick with the motion sensor from now on for these TT's.

@Andy 0 Try the motion sensor Andy if you don't already, think of it as a miniature wheel without a column. You need very little input side to side but once you get the feel of it, you can be as smooth as a wheel, it's then down to how good you are with your fingers.

Me I'm crap with the digits.

@Andy 0 Try the motion sensor Andy if you don't already, think of it as a miniature wheel without a column. You need very little input side to side but once you get the feel of it, you can be as smooth as a wheel, it's then down to how good you are with your fingers.

Yeah it is quite sensitive but I guess I got used to it, you can put the sensitivity down upto 2 clicks though

868D71F5-9E57-441C-AB56-6AF9697E8FCA.jpeg
Second session

Think that’s me done on this one 👍

Thanks for your suggestion. . Would try it.. if I could find out how to switch it on..

Thanks for your suggestion. . Would try it.. if I could find out how to switch it on..
Click on the top left, options, wireless controller options, then it's the setting at the top left I think

Back