GTP_WRS Week 19 : Pinch Me, Am I Dreaming?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 290 comments

Very initial splits for the board after 50 miles session today......know there's lot of time to find as way off optimum......know and like Tsukuba a lot as a track but still getting to 'grips' with the BMW and CS tyres - not run CS in GTS before so probably not stressing them enough though had one or two nice slides with lots of smoke already............

Very initial splits for the board after 50 miles session today......know there's lot of time to find as way off optimum......know and like Tsukuba a lot as a track but still getting to 'grips' with the BMW and CS tyres - not run CS in GTS before so probably not stressing them enough though had one or two nice slides with lots of smoke already............
You're probably stressing them too hard. Brake early, be smooth, hit your marks.

As EDK suggested, switched to +3 BB and using better brake modulation/release of the brake just before the apex on the slower corners to improve (.123) at the line. Gave away some (.100) on that last corner. Being off by 1-2 mph in the early part of the last corner can cost you a car length as you run out a bit wider than ideal.

First splits WITH A WHEEL (again)! :D

BB +2 to rear

3rd sector was my fastest by .2 in the 15 laps session, and I kept it in 4th gear, hmm. 16.786 is the best 1st sector I've seen and only 1 tenth better in sector 2, so basically optimal is 5 tenths faster, but it'll be super tricky/lucky to get there.

Gave it another shot this morning but can't improve on yesterday's time.

My advice for putting in a quick lap is pretty simple:
  1. Avoid tyre noise as much as possible
  2. If you're adjusting Brake Balance beyond -2 or +2 then rather set ABS to `weak`
  3. Rather keep a tighter apex and over-slow the car slightly, so that you can get the car straight and on the power early.
    • Name of the game in Gran Turismo is car rotation, if you're straight lining the apex you'll exit wide and it will take longer to get on the power.
  4. Pay attention to those gear changes... 100th's to be lost there
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Had a breakthrough this morning & hit my target time. I’ve seen a faster first sector but only by a couple of tenths. This will probably be it for me this week as work is getting in the way of more important track time.

@Never2fast1 I’m losing sight of you in my rear view mirror :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
@Never2fast1 I’m losing sight of you in my rear view mirror :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Enjoy it while you can, while your busy working, well I will be busy unpacking and shopping at fun stores like Bed, Bath and Beyond and other fine home item stores. 🤬:lol:, but after that I plan on getting some serious play time in.👍 I ran almost identical laps to you twice last night, but got so excited being ahead of ghost I blew that last corner......both times:banghead:

Last edited:

And a nice T3

Love the combo,a recognizable WRS TT.
Frustrating but addicting.:)

20180406204237duj.jpg

Back