GTP_WRS Week 20 : Mini Cooper-S'06 @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 145 comments
It's nice to see so many people using my tune this week, I count 13.👍 Thanks for the support everyone.:D

Edit: I forgot too, last night I did a faster lap in a race than I've done in Free Run yet :ouch:. T1 was a bit slower though IIRC, so I've still got some major time to lose in T2, especially as everyone else is often doing it 0.1-0.2sec faster than I am.:ouch:

Last edited:
1st sub 51 sec T2

I'm still doing 51.2xx like you Paulie :(

I had better put in a 3rd session soon, see if I can't improve again. I know I can, I just have to do it.:ouch:

Paulie just figured out what he was doing wrong in T2, he also decided:
Change to the rear toe on my tune! Last 1/4 I know, a bit late in the game, but I wasn't happy with the transitions between brake, coasting and throttle so,
Rear Toe: 0.00/-0.30

Then I did
T1- 59.045
T1- 1'50.007

Now that sector 2 time was almost exactly the same as Animera's (A couple thousandths faster without thinking too hard). Not to mention, I think there is another tenth in T1 (Well I know there is cause I've done it), and I actually made a mess of T3 here, so despite being almost 0.3 faster to T2, my lap was only almost 0.2 faster.:indiff: Tomorrow will be one long session on this, and a hell of a lot of swearing.:lol:

Last edited:
Far out guys, stop going faster. I'm gonna have to have another run. These splits are just insane from non-division 1 drivers, you're putting pressure on me that's for sure. Keep it up guys.👍

Right, Sjaak sort it out! Animera and Ausnicko shouldn't be in D3 with those splits!

Did some runs on my DFGT this morning, on the plastic table of hell. Quicker through spoon, much quicker out of Casio. Slower through the esses and about 2s down per lap overall. Not bad for 15 minutes work, on a table I pushed over a couple of times through the Esses...

New splits:

T1: 58.796
T2: 1'49.575

Quite happy with my lap, but probably lost about a tenth.
Using the updated TLD tune(BB=5/8, rear toe -0.30).

New splits:

T1: 58.796
T2: 1'49.575

Quite happy with my lap, but probably lost about a tenth.
Using the updated TLD tune(BB=5/8, rear toe -0.30).

Incredible splits mad - always thought a 58.7 was possible at T1, though I never suspsected a 49.5 at T2. Nice work mad 👍

Have to have another go with the new toe adjustment. :sly:

Some awesome times. I had a go last night, and was way off the pace. I better pull my finger out and get some practice in.

Wow, what times guys? Incredible,
shame on me!

T1: 0'59.974
T2: 1'51.570

Lots of work in front of me...

PS: TLD Setup was used

Great splits Mad, Nick and Paulie. Seems I still have more work to do tonight. 👍

Decided Im being to agressive through the Esses, so Im trying to back off a bit. That and a combination of the updated TLD tune led to,

T1 - 59.776
T2 - 1'51.008

Still so much in there, just need to get it all in one lap.....

Does anyone else loose their full tune for the mini everytime they turn the ps3 off? Not just the weight resetting?

I think if you just turn the machine off you might but if you exit out the main screen it will save everything. I usually exit after setup and run save explicitly then go back in. At least it's not as painful as GT4 where it forgot everything, every time so you were always setting up from scratch.

I think if you just turn the machine off you might but if you exit out the main screen it will save everything. I usually exit after setup and run save explicitly then go back in. At least it's not as painful as GT4 where it forgot everything, every time so you were always setting up from scratch.

I do exit out to the main screen. First time i thought i may have done something worng, so second time, i made sure i did everything right, yet it still did it.

Matt.

My tune drops out too, the Mini seems to have all sorts of bugs. The diff is a pain, but that's the same for everyone. I presume.:nervous:

Back