GTP_WRS Week 21 : Mazda RX-7 @ London

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 143 comments
Can you link me to the wheel settings thread, or tell us where it is? Would be useful seeing as I have just brought a DFGT.

I found these quite informative:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-111474.html
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104120

What I did was, start with an easy setting until you get comfortable, then slowly increase them.
Edit: Oh, and keep on practicing, I'm still improving my skills with the wheel, and am now looking at getting a G25.

Last edited:
Thanks, I feel comfortable with the wheel now, just nice to fiddle about with settings, you never know what you find!

Animera and Ausnicko, your times are astounding and I think your results in Event 02 and WRS clearly indicate you don't belong in Division 3.

I have to ask though guys, and please don't take any offence as it's a genuine inquiry, how long did you spend on the qualifier RX-7 at Fuji? The reason I ask is because out of interest and curiosity I spent an hour in the morning on it yesterday and a further hour in the evening and I am already within one tenth of a Division 1 silver time...and I am clearly not a Division 1 standard driver, I'm D2 bronze and using Sixaxis. I didn't even win Division 2 in event 02.

Again, please take no offence, this is a genuine curiosity for me. Also I must re-iterate how impressive your times are in WRS, you guys are fantastic clearly! 👍 :cheers: :bowdown:

All the best
Maz

Well, I am pretty much the same as Animera. I used a controller throughout GT4 and then got GT5P and used my controller there too for about 4 months. I got a wheel last Christmas as I knew that a wheel would benefit me in a huge way - and also make the game a lot more enjoyable. :D

I then found out about GTP, and the WRS, and decided to give the qualifier a shot. I spent about 2 days on it trying to improve, but could not seem to improve any further, so I submitted.

That's my story, I wasn't fully used to my wheel as I attempted the qualifier a couple of days later after getting it - but soon got used to it and that's where I am today.

Thanks for the info guys, I was really beginning to wonder how the discrepancy was arising for some members betwen the qualifier and the performance level now. Controller to wheel pretty much seems to be the story here, I know other members who have experienced the same thing. The sky-rocketing GTP_Wanna_B is a good example.

I really need to buy a wheel..

All the best
Maz

It's an interesting change. Only after about 3 hours of constant work at it, do I feel that going back to the pad is pointless, yes, at times I've not enjoyed the wheel last week, though that's more down to me trying to learn a new skill in my relax time (does that make me sound special? :D).

Seriously, I can't recommend it enough, and I'm still at early stages.

Another quick session...

T1 14.711
T2 30.115

Still a bit left as I've seen a few 29.900 T2's.

Ran a few hours at this last night and managed to hit my goal time with splits of
14.570 (.48x)
29.892 (.811)

Had a really nice last corner, a corner thats really difficult to get right as so many things can go wrong, had alot of laps destroyed there but thankfully made one stick. The car doesnt understeer at all so it was a real pleasure to drive this combo;) Time submitted

My first 30 min session:

T1 - :14.677 (.570 fastest)
T2 - :30.161 (shooting for a 29.9 :))

Great to see ya still kickin' around Dan!

Jerome

Thanks Jerome, likewise to you;) Looking at the online leaderboard i must say that 1st placed lap is absolutely brilliant! Sure he uses a clutch and gains time on the straights, but all credit to that driver on a phenominal lap time.

Man this track is frustrating, and in addition my wheel is starting to make some small clicking noise.:nervous:

T1- 14.683
T2- 30.267

I told you I'd be crap at this track.:ouch: I actually had 30.103 at T2 once, but every time I do a 30.1xx I lightly tap a wall somewhere stupid invalidating the lap.:mad: I suppose it is worth mentioning though that my lap is now 0.5sec faster overall, and there is still more room left in T2 and T3. I hope I have the patience to get that extra speed out.:scared:

Edit:
T1- 14.697
T2- 30.170

I don't think there's much left to T2 for me, but may be a few tenths in T3, I don't know.

Last edited:
Slight improvement.

T1: 14.590
T2: 30.088

A bit of a sloppy T3 but I dont think I can go any faster, plus my RX7 has to go to the panelbeaters.

Over half the board within .3, exciting stuff guys!

Jerome

You guys think it may be faster to brake in a straight light as you enter the sweeping right after T1, or to try and drift a little? I'm thinking this car doesn't have as good exit speed if you let it drift and let the rpm's dip. Thoughts?

Jerome

The first corner is killing me :crazy: but getting faster in T2 & T3... this lap has a huge slide coming out of the long right, but a really good final...

T1 14.720
T2 30.093

T1: 14.801
T2: 30.516

I have at least 10 laps with better T2 time but where I screw up in the final part of the course.

New splits with a new wheel too :sly:

After some thorough reading i bought the dfgt and i must say what a wheel. Much more accurate then the dfp. Loving it already:tup:

T1: 0'14.872
T2: 0'30.697

New Splits:

T1: 14.699

T2: 29.986

Still could improve on first and last corner,might have another go before submission but doubt ill improve,its so hard to do a clean lap at that sort of pace on a tight track like london,but great fun.. And a pleasure to meet all of you,im new to gtplanet and looking forward to racing together in the future. GTP_DEVIE

Slight improvement.

T1 16.659
T2 30.102
For the board I assume that's a 14.659 or else you've found a special button to get at T2 within 30 secs :D

Board updated.

BTW some might call it cherrypicking but I won't be partaking in this week's combo as I don't really like the tight London track.

My new splits:

Definitely my most frustrating combo ever. Can never seem to put a good lap together, but this one is a lot better than my previous lap, being over 0.2 faster. :D

Just had 30 mins at London, love this combo, the RX7 feels beautiful.
driving.gif

:cheers:

Back