GTP_WRS Week 21 : Mazda RX-7 @ London

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 143 comments
Nah you dont. There is still a little more there, although that wasnt a bad lap at all. :sly:

You're right, I don't.

I just cannot understand how it's possible for me to lose half a second or more to almost everyone else between T1 and T2. I feel like I'm going more or less maximum through that long right hander but still I'm such a long way off.

There is a knack to the left-right, I think that's the key, I've had some 15.2s in T1 (Yeh, I struggle there :D), yet done 30.6 at T2. You then carry a lot of speed through to the long-right, and you can probably hit the throttle earlier than you expect. Reckon I squeeze 20 mins practice in today. That's it for me, I submit, interesting experience with the wheel, would love more time for this event though.

There is a knack to the left-right,...
I think so too. Sometimes shifting back to 3rd gives me a better speed, but sometimes staying in 4th does the trick. I gave it another try yesterday and was able to improve my overall lap time quite a bit, but not my T2 split (although the T1 was a 14.5xx). I seem to be stuck at a T2 of 30.2xx, and cannot get out of it. I tried it again tonight for about 5 minutes, but realized that that was not a good idea after a wine tasting session without spitting. :ill:

Spent another 30 min last night and seemed to be going backwards on my progess :odd: But I'm going to be doing some house touring this weekend so I'll have to submit what I have more than likely. Just too good a time to save and buy a house right now 👍 I'll try and see you all next week!

Jerome

Was it a wine tasting session or was it just a wine bar in which you decided to "spread your wings"?

Was it a wine tasting session or was it just a wine bar in which you decided to "spread your wings"?
It was a real wine tasting session, with me trying out some wines that could be worthwhile to end up in my wine cellar. The session continues tomorrow and Sunday and some wines from NZ and Chilli are very promissing and well priced. It just doesn't fare well with driving though (in real life, nor a WRS). :dunce:

I have to say, I rarely find anything I like that isn't French. Not tasted a lot of wines from New Zealand, mostly the rank stuff from Australia.

I think we're going a tiny bit of topic here, but anyway. The only french wine I realy like is the Haut Médoc, a red Bordeaux with balls. The first of this wine I tasted was a 1986 and it was heaven on earth. There are many wines, from all over the world, that rank from a nice afternoon wine, to a splendit after diner wine. If you lik'um red, try them all from the southern hemisphere. They have some real good ones.

I've submitted, it's my best lap, can't say I've been happy with any of my submissions of late, just not had the time, nor the extra time to learn the wheel. Though, if I don't finish bottom of D3, it's an achievement in my book.

T1 14.669
T2 30.073

Had plenty of 29 T2's, but this one has a a really good T3.

A quick question for you guys...

The sidewalks/kerbs/grey thingies just beside the rumble strips.. are they considered legal? Can we go over them?

A quick question for you guys...

The sidewalks/kerbs/grey thingies just beside the rumble strips.. are they considered legal? Can we go over them?

Yes, this was taken form the first post "All is track,just do not hit any walls."

I'm about to give this combo one last go as well, and if I can't improve I'll be submitting. I'll maintain that we need headlights.:sly: Especially for those using the cockpit view.

Finally, back to WRS.

This is the ugliest lap I've run, but by far my best.

Final Splits:

T1- 14.687
T2- 30.179

With 2 corners messed up, and 0.009 slower to T2 than my last best lap, it's over a tenth faster over the line.:odd: Submitting.

Board updated.

Seeing the off-topic discussion it looks like I have an idea what we'll be drinking besides beer when we'll be having the Dutch/Belgium Prologue gathering at Marc's place :D

Oh, and indeed welcome back Wally 👍

Had another run this morning, but I couldnt improve my time so I'm submitting. I can see improvement in my lap but after more than 18 hours of actual lapping, I've run out of patience.

Thanks guys.

Updated splits-not much different but .2 better at the line.

Back