GTP_WRS Week 21 : Sobering Vettel

• Thread starter EDK
  • 195 comments
What a contrast from last week, love the variety from week to week. Had some 47.0s but not the best T3s. Tried going up on the tunnel curb for better entry to first turn in T3, seemed to work as it was my best T3, not sure if that is the fastest way or not though.

edit : using BB of 1/6

Last edited:
Whether you like it or not @EDK I just planted a big virtual sloppy wet kiss on your cheek...REALLY loving this combo!

Maybe 0.1 left for me with my current best sectors, might have to do some experimenting to find anything further 👍

Not my best T3 but got almost a tenth at the line. For T1, I am trying to emulate the video of @Vagabond I put up earlier, not downshifting to slow the car and bouncing off the rev limiter, but slowly from 4th to 3rd to 2nd, as the car slows from braking. I am on gas in second gear before the apex, not hitting rev limiter, then to 3rd pretty quickly.

Not my best T3 but got almost a tenth at the line. For T1, I am trying to emulate the video of @Vagabond I put up earlier, not downshifting to slow the car and bouncing off the rev limiter, but slowly from 4th to 3rd to 2nd, as the car slows from braking. I am on gas in second gear before the apex, not hitting rev limiter, then to 3rd pretty quickly.

Slow down :scared:

First splits, BB 5/5.

Nice combo. 👍 Thanks for neglecting to tell me about the weight changes. :P

T3 still needs some work.

I was one of those asking for slower combo but not having much luck with it so far :)

It was pretty short session though.

This is more my cup of tea.. nice and slow.. just like my brain.. :D.. the Lotus.. was so hard using the DS3.. this is much easier.. so I'll enjoy this one.. :cheers:

First 20 laps..

I really have to learn how to drive cars in this power range...I am so slow when being tidy makes the difference...
First splits

Seems some people are struggling here, and that might prove that conventional logic is not always best.

An odd thing I noticed about this combo is that taking the "optimum" line sometimes makes you slower. The car has so much grip with this tire setup that you don't always need to whole track. Taking time to set up all the way to one side sometimes causes you to lose the amount of time it took you to set up, if that makes sense.

The best example is the only 2nd gear turn, the entry into the tunnel. On my fastest laps, I am entering that corner on the left, when I slow enough in the prior corner to set up on the right, my ghost just walks away. The same to a lesser extent on the main straight kink, and the straight between turns 1 and 2. Just stay left, in both cases, and there is time to be found.

I am using BB 1/3, and I think shifting at 7,100 RPM. Can't tell for sure if that's actually faster than winding to redline. Generally not using 5th gear, though, just leaving it in 4th coming up on the first turn.

I've tried winding it out, shifting at red line, 7,000.. it's all the same.. but I'm taking the first turn in 2nd.. spinning like crazy off the red line.. i tried it in 3rd and it's to slow to get into the powerband on exit. I may get it figured out soon

I've tried winding it out, shifting at red line, 7,000.. it's all the same.. but I'm taking the first turn in 2nd.. spinning like crazy off the red line.. i tried it in 3rd and it's to slow to get into the powerband on exit. I may get it figured out soon
You need to carry more speed into the turn.

Trust me, you do not need 2nd gear there. The hairpin tunnel entry is the only turn that you should be going slow enough to need 2nd gear, and controlled throttle input, limiting wheel spin and keeping the tires on the HUD from going red will be best. ;)

I've been as much as 0.150 better in T1 than this posted lap. It's really the last 2 sectors that make or break the lap, could not tie one of those good T1's to a good total lap yet.

EDK
Seems some people are struggling here, and that might prove that conventional logic is not always best.

An odd thing I noticed about this combo is that taking the "optimum" line sometimes makes you slower. The car has so much grip with this tire setup that you don't always need to whole track. Taking time to set up all the way to one side sometimes causes you to lose the amount of time it took you to set up, if that makes sense.

The best example is the only 2nd gear turn, the entry into the tunnel. On my fastest laps, I am entering that corner on the left, when I slow enough in the prior corner to set up on the right, my ghost just walks away. The same to a lesser extent on the main straight kink, and the straight between turns 1 and 2. Just stay left, in both cases, and there is time to be found.

I am using BB 1/3, and I think shifting at 7,100 RPM. Can't tell for sure if that's actually faster than winding to redline. Generally not using 5th gear, though, just leaving it in 4th coming up on the first turn.

I noticed the same thing about gears, a bit before the redline seems a tiny bit faster. And I'm having trouble taking the first turn in 3rd gear. About the turn before the tunnel, I'm treating the two righthanders before as a single double apex turn in 3rd gear, slight tap on the brakes midway through to point the car in the right direction for the tunnel turn...
New splits

3th ;) normally you re a lot faster than me, so im not scared about you

Might be a 46 if I can do the downhill right and the hairpin before the end of t2, properly in the same lap.

Latest Posts

Back