GTP_WRS Week 21 : Sobering Vettel

• Thread starter EDK
  • 195 comments
Enjoying this one.
Just using ds3 atm
New splits are

Im really falling away at the moment

Try using manual gears.. gives you much better control.. I also am using a DS3..

Slowly but surely getting faster over the line ..

Made a big mistake.....I run over 80 laps, checked my settings just to be sure and noticed that I had the front and rear tires the same. Should be medium at the front and hard at the rear....

All for nothing :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Had to start all over again but managed to get a better split and also win .2 at the line in my second session :)

I think I know what you mean. A lot of older tracks feel new to me whenever we have a TT there, because of how I evolved as a "virtual racer" since our last TT on that same track. I can now "read" the track in a different (and hopefully better) way, and often while at the same time remembering how it felt like before (and realizing that I had no clue back then!).

Yes, thats it ... and more: Beating the "bots" is nothing compared with competing with some (a lot of) D3's :ill:
And I dont even mention the "alliens" :gtpflag:

Well, i need .02 in t3 and .046 in t1 so I'm looking for about a .660ish at t2 splits. Don't think i'll be getting that, but it'd be nice if I did.

You're really getting at it this week Patrick. Might be fending you off come monday ;)

90 minute session for 65 thousandths gain?!?

Have seen some .2's at T1 and have had a miracle Sector 3 that was 0.1 better than my current lap but I think for me to find more than about 0.1 or 0.2 I'd need a radically different approach. Still enjoying it though 👍

P.S. It'd be interesting if this was both of our final submissions @AspecBob to see who triumphs in the final sector :sly:

Haven't been able to compete for a long while, my cockpit has seen better days which makes me be a bit too conservative.

Lovely combo though with hardly any creaks and groans from my seat!

First sitting tonight and hope to find some more time over the weekend.

Last edited:

Improved on what was already a decent final sector, but plenty of room elsewhere. Don't have a clue with the brake setting though, still at default

For 0.05 at the line. Looking for another 0.15 for a perfect lap, but to be honest, anything more is just gravy.

Going to try and immerse myself in Le Mans as much as possible this weekend and run a Sauber or Jag around there (H-shifter, no ABS) with all the lights in the house off and the screen graphics off :D

Lucas @Gravitron it wouldn't have even been three in a row if I wasn't the only one posting laps last night :sly:

@patrick19602005 how's your T3? I'm a tenth off my very best through there so I don't see me beating you with this lap...

Last edited:
Back