GTP_WRS Week 21 : What's French for Yamagiwa?

• Thread starter Argon
  • 194 comments
I can see I’m really going to hate this combo.

The track I love, but my god the car is awful. You exit turns thinking yep loads of grip then all’s of a sudden there’s sod all grip and you end up doing lovely pirouettes in frustration down the straight :mad::mad::mad:

That aside here is my first half arsed attempt a times :D

Grim by name Grim by nature 👍

A car more fitting to how I like to drive, surprisingly this thing is pretty easy to keep the rear under control, at least I think so, but I also like over steer cars, I seem to control them better. :odd: I am having nightmare flashbacks to the earlier TT with the rally car on some of these parts, that was still while I was learning to control a car in GTS, it was bad.....:nervous::scared:

Here are my splits after only 5 laps, just a quick pre work session this morning. Still playing with BB and corner speeds, I expect to improve a lot over the week.

I can see I’m really going to hate this combo.

The track I love, but my god the car is awful. You exit turns thinking yep loads of grip then all’s of a sudden there’s sod all grip and you end up doing lovely pirouettes in frustration down the straight :mad::mad::mad:

That aside here is my first half arsed attempt a times :D

Grim by name Grim by nature 👍
The car, and especially on these tires, requires a different driving technique.

Timing your throttle on point AND relating that to the amount of wheel lock you have fed in is key.

Remember, the tires do not have an infinite amount of grip available, and if you are asking the car to turn and accelerate at the same time, something's got to give.

Certainly this is going to be a challenge coming off the FF car on race tires. Totally different approaches needed between these combos.

Focus on balancing your throttle to wheel lock, get the wheel straight early and you can hammer down.

Initial thought was oh no I'm not doing this combo. But then I tried it, not bad, the car flows quite well and actually enjoyable. Strangely feels good to oversteer with full gas :). But I don't think 250 km on this combo is enough to make a competitive lap.

First small session,

We'd prefer you didn't for now as we currently have no real way of determining how equivalent the VR mode is to the normal mode :)

Just playing around with standard wrs then the same TT in VR. Time wise on the lap I was just 2 tenths slower in VR, more fun debatable given the visual quality as you seen when I was demonstrating it in share play mode.

From a replay point of view (checking replays) the game save the replay in standard mode not in VR mode, so you don't see any difference watching the replay, which is a shame.

I think if members with VR would like to run a none WRS TT competition on the side (nothing to do with gtpwrs) members may find that good fun, after all it is just a game for enjoyment. I think PD may soon start more updates in VR after the success of the latest introduction of TT VR, well one can hope so, I know it's not going to do much for the visual quality, but at close quarter racing you don't seem to notice that to much.

According to the early morning bbc news. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cywd23g0wzwt/virtual-reality it's also a good pain killer just what I and others that suffer as I do will welcome.

There you go a little TT light reading on a nice bright sunny warm morning here in the UK. I had forgotten what the Sun looked like.

Just playing around with standard wrs then the same TT in VR. Time wise on the lap I was just 2 tenths slower in VR, more fun debatable given the visual quality as you seen when I was demonstrating it in share play mode.

From a replay point of view (checking replays) the game save the replay in standard mode not in VR mode, so you don't see any difference watching the replay, which is a shame.

I think if members with VR would like to run a none WRS TT competition on the side (nothing to do with gtpwrs) members may find that good fun, after all it is just a game for enjoyment. I think PD may soon start more updates in VR after the success of the latest introduction of TT VR, well one can hope so, I know it's not going to do much for the visual quality, but at close quarter racing you don't seem to notice that to much.

According to the early morning bbc news. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cywd23g0wzwt/virtual-reality it's also a good pain killer just what I and others that suffer as I do will welcome.

There you go a little TT light reading on a nice bright sunny warm morning here in the UK. I had forgotten what the Sun looked like.

Thanks Phillip, my concern is not the replay check but the actual physics involved when setting a lap., We already know there are differences between on-line and off-line and I suspect there may be some in VR mode too but without any reliable method to test our safest option for now is please don't set TT times using it :cheers:

Thanks Phillip, my concern is not the replay check but the actual physics involved when setting a lap., We already know there are differences between on-line and off-line and I suspect there may be some in VR mode too but without any reliable method to test our safest option for now is please don't set TT times using it :cheers:

Had no intentions of submitting times using VR Mike plus I didn't make reference to doing such. Just that when you save a replay to watch, it plays in standard mode not in VR mode, which is a shame.

Back