GTP_WRS Week 22 : New ride for Daenerys

• Thread starter Argon
  • 216 comments
Can someone please explain to this ignorant dutchy the pun in the title of the combo?

Daenerys Targaryen is a character from Games of Thrones and she likes to travel fast on Dragons!

daniel-grayson-dragonrider-1400.jpg

Preparing for 2 weeks off work starting Friday, had a few laps on this last night, managed so far...

Going to be racing quite a bit in the next couple of weeks so will be back to skim some time off these splits :mischievous:

Another 15 lap session, another improvement. Still stock gears, Mikes setup and BB plus 3.

Way better S1 and S3, lost time on S2 compared to previous best, but knocked another 1.5 off at line. Optimal also improved greatly so still more time to gain.:D

This combo is fun. I love going through the bus stop, you just go for it and hope it works. :lol:

Preparing for 2 weeks off work starting Friday, had a few laps on this last night, managed so far...

Going to be racing quite a bit in the next couple of weeks so will be back to skim some time off these splits :mischievous:

Good to see you running again Kelly :cheers:

This is a tricky one as never liked the downhill part flow of the second sector (beginning with the blind right hander up on the top)

And don't forget to set your wall collision penalty on strict for the buss stop part of the lap ^^ it is really helpful in there ;)

I can make this car go fast, then I am expected to turn. :indiff:
I tried all the shared settings, and Argon's Numbers seem to be best for me. I may need to tweak the lsd, as I'm tripping too hard. No clean lap yet. I am using stock transmission since I didn't get any improvements with any other gear settings so far. If I can figure out how to stay on the track without being 10 seconds behind, I'll call it a win.

First 20 lap session. Using @Argon tune.

Huge amounts of time left to find. I had this car with 12 miles on it but don't remember what I used it for.
I like this track in either direction. Hoping to get a couple hundred miles in before deadline.

@shoenboggie does your tune use stock LSD and stick transmission?

Using Espial’s transmission from the 1st page and LSD settings of 9/10/15.

I think you’ve got me beat this week mate, me & this combo are just not getting along! :banghead:

Here is my advice to you from what I have learned this week being a new wheel driver, with controller it was all gas and then all brake, now easy on and easy off. My fastest times have been when I have been most gentle on throttle and brake.

More importantly just close your eyes and pray to the car gods that you can make it through the bus stop without scratching (or in my case denting) the sides of you car. :lol:

:cheers:

Back