GTP_WRS Week 22 : New ride for Daenerys

• Thread starter Argon
  • 216 comments
Online race thread is up! Number of laps and tire/fuel will be determined about 12hrs from now.

Event 22: New Ride for Daenerys

BMW M4 Gr.4 @ Dragon Trail - Seaside II

car_bmw_m4.jpg
track_dragon_trail_seaside.jpg

Event thread

Improved on S2 a lot and S1/S3 a little for a nice improvement at the line.

Now running @Argon tune with exception of LSD which is @shoenboggie as find better handling on deceleration especially.

Messy stop start session today with lots of restarts (looking at you bus stop !) so will be looking to get into rythm of running many more laps consistently over next few days.

A 125 mile session. Still using @Argon tune. 👍

Had a sloppy downhill on this lap. Need to clean it up and start throwing caution to the wind in the final sector. :nervous: Staying in 5th on the downhill section was faster for me than staying in 6th. 5th did away with some of the understeer 6th seemed to cause.

Had a sloppy downhill on this lap. Need to clean it up and start throwing caution to the wind in the final sector. :nervous: Staying in 5th on the downhill section was faster for me than staying in 6th. 5th did away with some of the understeer 6th seemed to cause.

I'd like to say I'm impressed 🤬 that means I've got to go faster, I was hoping I was done with dodging these Dragons. 👍

That’s a real good idea to try 5th gear...I maybe get 1 out of 3 laps right on this downhill section.

I think I am hitting my wall now, last night could not beat PB even though I was .3 or less about 4 times out of 25 laps, also ran another 6 within a second of my PB, so either I am ready for a break-thru or I have hit my wall. Currently running a combo of @shoenboggie and @Argon tune with stock gearing. I feel like I can go faster, but just need to change something on the tune, but I don't know what. :lol: Will see what weekend brings.

NOTE: understeering on corner entry seems to be my biggest issue, wether I am driving too fast (which according to my times I am not) or if it is tune adjustment I am not sure. Is small changes to LSD best way to start?

Last edited:
I think I am hitting my wall now, last night could not beat PB even though I was .3 or less about 4 times out of 25 laps, also ran another 6 within a second of my PB, so either I am ready for a break-thru or I have hit my wall. Currently running a combo of @shoenboggie and @Argon tune with stock gearing. I feel like I can go faster, but just need to change something on the tune, but I don't know what. :lol: Will see what weekend brings.

NOTE: understeering on corner entry seems to be my biggest issue, wether I am driving too fast (which according to my times I am not) or if it is tune adjustment I am not sure. Is small changes to LSD best way to start?

Play with the last diff setting and try a bit more rear brake bias too. This car and track seems to be entry speed sensitive as well.

I’m running the same as you but I have changed the gearing slightly using all seven. I have moved final gear to 3500 which to me seems to give be better exit speeds against stock gears. This setup also I feel allows me to upshift slightly early if I feel the back end starting to go which brings it back and the ratios are short enough not to be penalised shifting that little bit earlier

You'll notice on here there are a few adverse cambers, so work more on your line. And mind the raised bits on the curbs one they can un-settle the back end, worse can throw you off line altogether.

Back