GTP_WRS Week 22 : New ride for Daenerys

• Thread starter Argon
  • 216 comments

Last session for me. Hope its good enough to knock one of y'all div2 speed demons off the podium. Left 3 tenths out there according to my optimal. Saw 2 tenth's faster in sector 2 several times just not this lap.

Good luck everybody

I submitted with time on board, I definitively got better as week went on but was never able to string three fast sectors together on same lap. Was lapping within a second of my PB consistently but never had that break thru lap. Really enjoyed this event even though I never found the speed I thought I would. Happy with my first week using a wheel.

Good luck everyone. :cheers:

EDIT: Forgot to add, what also makes this a successful week is even though it was my first week with wheel, I still beat @Nerazzurri :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Had half the day yesterday and a quick go this afternoon. tempted to try again later

missed last week :confused:

BB 0
RH 70/105
NF 2.81/2.80
ArB 8/6
DrC 54/51
DrR 84/81
CA 2.6/2.7
TA -0.06/-0.05

DF 250/450

LSD 8/13/5

Trans - Final to max/right, Max speed to min/left, 1st toleft, 7th to right then final 3.969

1st 2.328
2nd 1.777
3rd 1.499
4th 1.274
5th 1.095
6th 0.981
7th 0.945

I left over a second according to my optimal........:banghead:🤬

I was only able to thread the needle at the bus stop about 10 times to get sub 34's, not sure how you guys are getting 32's :bowdown:

I was using @Argon tune (thanks again Mike) and found a lot of time trailing the brake into turn one with left foot and getting on the power early with the right, also in the hairpin after the bus stop

Did a rerun to see if I could beat my fading endtime lap,succeeded and did an extra lap but again, fading endtime.
In that extra lap I spinned which could be a trigger for the bug.

Going to submit anyway because my eldest could see the correct numbers.:D

Submitted & accepted - in total nearly 650 miles run (including far too many restarts as explored the boundaries far too often). Chipped away some more time in S2 with nice improvement in S1 due to some hints from @ollie57 :cheers:

Little disappointed with S3 as have gone faster previously when get better exit from the hairpin.

Did hit all my revised targets both for fastest lap and optimum best sector in same stint with gap of c0.3 secs between submitted and session/day optimum. Further gap of 0.3 secs to absolute optimum.

Really enjoyed combo and learnt a lot too. So onto a re-run of Suzuka East tomorrow on slippier tyres and a faster machine than the roadster used before - likely to be a case 'a slip-sliding we will go" !

Couldn't resist :lol:

_20180430_214558.JPG _20180430_214534.JPG

Checked this for the past 50mins, thankfully this is as close as i get.

Submitting this one good luck everyone

First time WRS TT try. I just can't get consistent laps around. :( Just when i had good first 2 sectors, i screwed up the third. Usually the 3rd sector is my best.

Welcome to the WRS, that is what makes these so addicting, you are always chasing that elusive fastest lap (except the aliens, they are fast on lap one.), and when you watch yourself gaining on your optimum lap you try even harder, and before you know it your wife went to bed alone and mad because you stayed up until 1am like a teenager, or wait, maybe that is just me. :lol:

Welcome to the WRS, that is what makes these so addicting, you are always chasing that elusive fastest lap (except the aliens, they are fast on lap one.), and when you watch yourself gaining on your optimum lap you try even harder, and before you know it your wife went to bed alone and mad because you stayed up until 1am like a teenager, or wait, maybe that is just me. :lol:

Ya, was there at one point back in GT6. I dont want to go there... fingers crossed.

I think im going to take a break and paint the car for the next WRS TT. I always think it will make me drive faster.

I would love to post here about how the replay fade has forced me to drive a faster lap, but it's not meant to be . I will submit a lap time one-tenth slower than my posted splits so it can be properly vetted.

Last minute dash, small improvement in laptime not much different in sectors,it's very technical in reverse this track can't get all the corners nailed in the same lap :grumpy: submitting time and admitting defeat 👍

Back