GTP_WRS Week 22 : New ride for Daenerys

• Thread starter Argon
  • 216 comments
Here is my shot at 5 minutes of fame. If I get it in soon enough, should be at the top of the board...:)

I found something that really helped me. This community has been so helpful and sharing, that I want to also.

This car has a very, very wide power band. I have been playing around a lot with the gearing. Not much seemed to help at first until I started widening out the gear ranges so I didn't use as many gears. I was using 4 gears only (3rd through 6th), but wanted to find a way to try only 3 gears.

I found it. I set 1st gear to 102mph, 2nd to 130mph and 3rd to 160mph. I only use those 3 gears. So, believe it or not, acceleration from 60 to 145 is 0.3 to 0.4 seconds better than stock or any other combo I could come up with. It is unconventional I know, but try it.

So less shifting and better acceleration...works for me.

Not sure how much faster this is, I was using it in the race tonight and on the straights the other cars were pulling away from me a couple of hundredths on the time delta. Anyway I won the race with your gearbox so cheers :cheers:

Oh my! Smashed my previous time by around four tenths, but am in no way happy. In this latest session I had multiple 32s in the first sector and 34s in the second. At least another half second out there to find. If only I could be more consistent in that final chicane.

Not sure how much faster this is, I was using it in the race tonight and on the straights the other cars were pulling away from me a couple of hundredths on the time delta. Anyway I won the race with your gearbox so cheers :cheers:

@Siggers Congratulations on the win!!!

Thanks for the feedback...interesting. I did the testing on flat straight with Max downforce. I wasn't sure how it would do up hills and against cars with less downforce and drafting. I may have to experiment some more with it before the deadline.:cheers:

7 tenths off optimal

All I've changed is transmission
upload_2018-4-29_18-36-52.jpeg

Still 'chipping away' with nearly 539 miles run. Possibly getting near my limit now as plateauing with similiar best lap per stint over the two weekend days and optimum/best lap close together despite trying different set ups.

Can run 1st sector faster though and have a late further thought on 2nd sector which will try out tomorrow before submitting so more laps to run yet.

@Siggers Congratulations on the win!!!

Thanks for the feedback...interesting. I did the testing on flat straight with Max downforce. I wasn't sure how it would do up hills and against cars with less downforce and drafting. I may have to experiment some more with it before the deadline.:cheers:
Yeah he did real well, I didn't know he was only using 3 gears til after the race

Every now and again I come up with surprising sector times like a .157 T1 and a .162 T2 but I'm too inconsistent to string them together. Anyway, after a good final sector I did manage to find a litte over a tenth at the line despite splits slower than I had on the board.

Back