GTP_WRS Week 23 : Official Results

Yeah, turns 3 and 4 give me trouble. I think I ran about 8-10 different lines trying to find the fastest way through that section but none of the lines seemed to be faster than the others.

It's all about the lap time anyway. :sly:

NTSC/US replay attached. Hope I followed those instructions properly....

I hate it that you can't watch the GT5 replays from other regions :grumpy:, but watching the D1 podiums all at the same time was awesome!

Attachments

• GTP_db_is_me_wrs23.zip
    193.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Here is another way to look at how D3 went :)

2dv4e48.jpg

Awesome Job LeftyWright69! I'm constantly amazed at how much work goes into these events.

Nice one LeftyWright69 👍
looks like orsche did a 'bad' T2 and pulled it all off again in T3
and Hydro did an outstanding T3 👍

Thanks, but more like an awful T2 :yuck: (relatively speaking of course).
Certainly can't, and won't argue the finish though.

Also a big Thank You to the GMT Clock for showing me I actually had 1 extra hour to submit (forget to adjust for DST), and with 15 minutes to go, I got my best lap after figuring out:
A: I turn the wheel too much when the car understeers (lots of smoke in T2) - OK, always,
B: The brake point for the final turn

Absolutely loved this combo. :cheers: Kev!
Now to go see if I can keep up to someone else's lap :crazy:.....

Here's my replay. NTSC.

Attachments

• GTP_Hydro Week 23 replay.zip
    193.7 KB · Views: 10
GTP_db_Is_Me
gflagjn4.gif

Nicely done! Didn't realize we were so close until I watched your replay.👍

**No wonder I missed your time, You leapfrogged right over my entire division! Well Done! ;)**

Last edited:
Ive attempted to verify a replay from my region. I keep getting an error message...it doesnt appear to be a valid archive...is what it says and I tried on replays that people have already viewed and verified as well. Get the same error message.

What do I need to do to get the file unzipped?

You need to unzip on your PC first Jack (using winzip or 7zip) and then upload to your PS3 from your memory stick. Once it's loaded onto the XMB, you can then starte the game and import the relpay in your replay theatre.

DDiamond
Visual specs/time correct:

GTP_lapierre4 -

Never reviewed a lap where someone got so close to so many different rails and still turn in an excellent time! :cheers:

💡 Damn, could be that it is because of excellent driving.

I hope my old feeble eyes didn't deceive me. :lol:

@Speedy....I'll have it up soon!

Thanks, what I can tell you is that the more and more you practice, the more you'll get sidemarks that you can use to analyze your position on the track, and that you can go closer and closer to the walls.

And could you send me the replay file please I would like to upload it on my account! 👍

You need to unzip on your PC first Jack (using winzip or 7zip) and then upload to your PS3 from your memory stick. Once it's loaded onto the XMB, you can then starte the game and import the relpay in your replay theatre.

Yeah thats what it says when I try to use winzip to unzip the files on the PC...invalid archive. Man it sucks not being a computer guy even the simplest things never seem to work. hahaha

Here is my replay. A big thanks to those who discussed their speeds at the line, leading me to thoroughly reevaluate my line in the last corner and find a bunch of time that I didn't know was possible.

EDIT: Checked a couple as well.

GTP_Hydro -
picture.php

GTP_RaceRyder -
picture.php

Great job guys. It's really interesting seeing all the different lines through 3 and 4.

Attachments

• GTP_pickle013 WRS Week 23 NTSC.zip
    193.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Nice times from everyone, especially Twissy, MadMax, JBrinkley, DigitalBaka, and everyone who beat me. :D
Congrats DigitalBaka and db_is_me, Great competition!

Thank guys. :) Definitely some great competition! We traded places I don't know how many times on the board and in the end db_is_me (db is me too! :dopey) flew past and I couldn't chase him down. Awesome fun! I hope every week is like that! Really lights that fire inside that makes you want to push further.

And of course a congrats to all that made it to the end of the week. Some super close times all up and down the list. :scared:

My replay below, NTSC. I studied this for a half hour in the data logger praying for it to be clean. I was sweating the two close calls in turn 2 and the final but after watching the D1-alien-triple-threat video I'm no longer that concerned. :eek: T2 still sucks; not real happy with it but I just couldn't get it out like I wanted. Loads of room entering the tunnel. :banghead: And please don't laugh too hard...this is my first real run on the wheel. :embarrassed:

Attachments

• GTP_DigitalBaka WRS Week 23 Replay.zip
    204.4 KB · Views: 11
Yeah thats what it says when I try to use winzip to unzip the files on the PC...invalid archive. Man it sucks not being a computer guy even the simplest things never seem to work. hahaha

Try and use 7zip (google it, it's free). I had the same thing going on with winzip a couple of weeks back.

Well done everyone. Just one thing Joost, the leaderboard shows GTP_leowan731 on 1'07.808 but he's not in the results. As the sole representative from D5 I think he deserves a podium.

Cheers

Thanks mate, i'll look into it!

My replay below, NTSC. I studied this for a half hour in the data logger praying for it to be clean. I was sweating the two close calls in turn 2 and the final but after watching the D1-alien-triple-threat video I'm no longer that concerned. :eek: T2 still sucks; not real happy with it but I just couldn't get it out like I wanted. Loads of room entering the tunnel. :banghead: And please don't laugh too hard...this is my first real run on the wheel. :embarrassed:

I would love to see and verify your replay but I cant. Btw the fastest way I could find to take T2 was to not go wide to the wall entering the tunnel.:)

EDIT: OK Speedy Ill try to get 7zip and figure it. Thank you.

10--1'05.741---GTP_stanley1664
gflagjn4.gif

Obvious you're a DS3 driver as you had to take a quick shift to second gear in the S's to control the understeer.
Nice lap!!! 👍

EDIT: Found this Video thread again

Last edited:
Congrats to all division winners and podiums 👍
Too much work not enough play for me this week, I'm not liking it :grumpy:
:cheers: to all

My NTSC replay, suffix 025.

Really not very pretty, and the debauchery starts as early as turn 1. :dopey:
Somehow this, my best clean lap, has me faking like I'm going for the wall in turn 1, ala Speedy's crash vid, but then I go on to have a good (for me) T2 and T3, despite almost every turn being quite unsmooth and smokey. Maybe I'm just now subconsciously comparing mine to the D1 guys', which we saw earlier today (thanks again Dan and Speedy! 👍)

Over 2hrs of trying after this lap, and I only got within 0.1 of it. Crazy week. 👍

Attachments

• GTP_Gravitron_WRS23.zip
    194 KB · Views: 9
GTP_db_Is_Me
gflagjn4.gif

Nicely done! Didn't realize we were so close until I watched your replay.👍

**No wonder I missed your time, You leapfrogged right over my entire division! Well Done! ;)**

Thanks.
That was my one 'freak' lap, and I couldn't get close to threatening it. I am consistently inconsistent :dopey:

It was a great battle in Div4. While someone was sleeping, someone else would be posting a faster time!

Congrats all podium finishers. 👍
Three D2 wins in a row, that's a hat trick right? :sly:

I spent a great deal of time checking the lap I submitted before I could call it clean.

Took these pictures:

from my submitted lap , entry/braking to turn2
gtpmadmax86wrs23.jpg

and for comparison , as close to the wall as possible
inthewalls.jpg

here's my replay: [021]

Attachments

• GTP_MadMax86 GT5 WRS 23.zip
    192.5 KB · Views: 9
1---1'04.580---GTP_MadMax86
picture.php

Nice lap! 👍

Waiting for GTP_ASH32's replay to complete the D2 Podium vid

Visual specs/time correct on all:

GTP_Pickle013 -
picture.php

GTP_DigitalBaka -
picture.php

GTP_Gravitron -
picture.php

Thanks, what I can tell you is that the more and more you practice, the more you'll get sidemarks that you can use to analyze your position on the track, and that you can go closer and closer to the walls.

And could you send me the replay file please I would like to upload it on my account! 👍

Sent you a PM RE: your vid.

All the needed replays are in for you to make the D3 and D4 vids ;)

Yeah, db_is_me, is an NTSC file. I have them all. 👍

Last edited:

GTP_orsche - 1'04.927
GTP_Pickle013 - 1'05.171- - - -GTP_Hydro - 1'05.197

Enjoy! :sly:

-

Last edited:
Back