GTP_WRS Week 25 : Asian Gripper

• Thread starter Argon
  • 195 comments

I think i have to learn to drive with all new DS4 settings.
My current settings are steering with left stick, gas and brake right stick, automatic shifting.

Any tips for me?
I use the triangle button for up shifting and the square button for down shifting. I am able to keep my thumb on both buttons simultaneously without pressing them which makes for easy access when a gear shift is needed.

My current settings are steering with left stick, gas and brake right stick, automatic shifting.

Any tips for me?

I always remapped the shift up and shift down buttons as the default had it the wrong way round for me. I used O as the up and X as the down. Otherwise everything was default i.e. R2/L2 triggers for brake/accelerator and left stick for steering.

You'll need a little patience but it will pay off with the ability to manual shift. :cheers:

Thank you all,
i will try it with R2/L2 for accelerator/brake, triangle button for up shifting, square button for down shifting, left stick for steering and TC off. :nervous:

I always keep TC on 1 with my controller. Too hard for me turning TC off... for now at least. As for the triggers, you got to be easy on them. It’s easy to press them completing and lose the back end of the car. Something I still struggle with.

I always keep TC on 1 with my controller. Too hard for me turning TC off... for now at least. As for the triggers, you got to be easy on them. It’s easy to press them completing and lose the back end of the car. Something I still struggle with.

I was using TC 0, but I had this weird feathering thing I would do with the throttle to keep it under control while using controller. Throttle and brake input on controller are hard to tame.

Any tips for me?

This it what I used when I was on my PS4 controller:

L2 brake / R2 accelerate
Square / gear-down and reverse
Triangle / gear up
X / toggle lights
O / Handbrake
Left analog / Steering
Right analog / look left, right and back
L1 / look back
R1 / change view
D-pad / toggle through tcs, bb, fuel etc
Touch pad / indicators

I may have used L1 for something else as I could look back on the right analog stick but can’t remember what it was.

Here's a pic of my ride for this week.. I have amended the bonnet since this pic but I'm pretty happy with the end result anyway :) Looks similar color scheme to a Castrol mugen but not a Castrol mugen :P

7422513899181965844_0.jpg

Nice liveries posted so far guys :cheers:

I always remapped the shift up and shift down buttons as the default had it the wrong way round for me. I used O as the up and X as the down. Otherwise everything was default i.e. R2/L2 triggers for brake/accelerator and left stick for steering.

You'll need a little patience but it will pay off with the ability to manual shift. :cheers:

I used the right stick for changing gear quiet natural feel for me just literally flicking it up and down

Any tips for me?
Well normally I have:
R2 Accelerate
L2 Brake
Left Stick Turning
X gear up
Square gear down
L1 look back
Right stick to control MFD

Of course for these TT's I use motion sensor rather than left stick to turn and cockpit cam instead of hood cam

Also here's a video of a very quick racer who uses the right stick to accelerate and brake and also uses manual gears. I know it's on Xbox and a different game but I thought it could help nonetheless

Last edited:
Jesus someone take that rocket out of Ph1sh ass please! :lol: Almost lost interest in posting my splits seeing those.. wtf :confused: Crazy fast mate 👍
Here's my best so far...

Here's the set up I have tweaked to and it seems ok for now... just need some luck on your side also :P

Brakes - 0
RH - 55 / 50
NF - 4.05 / 3.80
ARB - 3 / 4
DRC - 54 / 54
DRR - 86 / 86
Cam - 1.0 / 1.0
Toe - out 0.05 / in 0.05
DF - 750 / 1100
LSD 15 / 60 / 15
Full custom trans.. Set max speed to 174mph and final gear to 3.265 no individual gears touched 👍

Loving this combo also even if I'm miles off Slim Pickens upfront there :P

Slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb_enh-lores.jpg

:cheers:

Something about this car and the brazilian rumble strips. They just dont get along. Decent so far, but im having way too much trouble with sector 2. I know i could do better. Will just need to get this car to work i want it to. For now its all good.

Current Tune:
Ride Height: 1.97 / 2.05
Natural F.: 4.00 / 4.00
ARB: 5 / 5
Damping C.: Stock
Damping R: Stock
Camber: 1.5 / 1.0
Toe: Out 0.4 / In 0.37

Aero: Max

LSD: 5 /5 / 5

Trans.: Stock

I’ve tried your tune which overall feels good, my only gripe was it felt unstable under braking through sector 2. I changed the LSD settings too 8/6/20 and hey presto much more stable works a lot better with your other settings. I have changed gearing slightly moving final to 174. You might find the lsd settings help a lot through sector2 👍

Back