GTP_WRS Week 26 : Dialing 911

• Thread starter EDK
  • 227 comments
How many adult beverages were consumed coming up with this combo? :lol::cheers::lol:

Took me 22 laps to run a clean lap.:banghead:🤬

But I finally did and ran this to get on board. Full second off optimal but lots of time to improve.

I thought you’d love this one @Never2fast1 considering how tail happy the car is!
Now I’ve got used to it this is my favourite combos few weeks!

Still loads of time to make up luckily as the replay cuts off just after the lap time shows. :irked:

Gave this one a quick go ... god I hated having to detune the car I had just right for the GT League endurance race. This car corners like a broken speed boat.

Soooooooo much time to be found.

Bought this car early on in the game as I thought it would be a hoot. Bloody hated it, lol. Sold it so looks like I'll be buying it again and seeing how I get on this time.

For those struggling to get rid of TC while using the DS4, this is the week to do that. You will need traction to keep the car from spinning, so keeping some throttle through the turns, modulating it with the triggers, becomes imperative. If you have TC on you will not have enough power to prevent the car from just sliding sideways to an almost full stop. Lifting will send the tail east every time, so you can induce that and go back to throttle right away to pull the car out of the turns. Easier said than done, I know, but the car's tailhappiness is not a result of throttle this time, but of personality. This one shines at the edge of control, great lesson on turning with anything but steering.
That said, my kind of combo đź‘Ť

Roamer that personality! Haha love that the gt3 has been captured like this. Can only imagine IRL...

First 10 laps to get on the board, a second from optimum but more than that to clean up!

Found a new favourite to steer with the right foot!

Roamer that personality! Haha love that the gt3 has been captured like this. Can only imagine IRL...

First 10 laps to get on the board, a second from optimum but more than that to clean up!

Found a new favourite to steer with the right foot!

Nice to see I'm not alone on this one. Call me Javier dude đź‘Ť

May the best Draggin Weights driver win :sly::cheers:

Are Mike, Andy and Adam not competing this week?:lol::lol: Otherwise let's be realistic, we will be battling for the 4th best Draggin Weights driver. :lol:

I really need to improve my S3 time, I know why it was bad on my best lap last night, I spun out on the hairpin, but kept it on track and still ended with fastest lap for session, so I should gain some more time tonight. Looking forward to our weekly battle as always. :cheers:

Are Mike, Andy and Adam not competing this week?:lol::lol: Otherwise let's be realistic, we will be battling for the 4th best Draggin Weights driver. :lol:

I really need to improve my S3 time, I know why it was bad on my best lap last night, I spun out on the hairpin, but kept it on track and still ended with fastest lap for session, so I should gain some more time tonight. Looking forward to our weekly battle as always. :cheers:

I'm going away for a few days from tonight so will not be running this one Joe ;)

:lol::lol: Ok 3rd best Draggin Weights driver then as Mike isn’t in this one :lol::lol:

Hmmm think my accelerator pedal is on its way out, putting my foot down and I’m noticing the revs are spluttering and it’s kinda buggin me out :indiff: I’m using g27 pedals with a g29 wheel but never experienced this before,maybe they need a clean.
But If you guys have had the same problem with the g27 pedals could you give me some advice on what to do, cheers đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Hmmm think my accelerator pedal is on its way out, putting my foot down and I’m noticing the revs are spluttering and it’s kinda buggin me out :indiff: I’m using g27 pedals with a g29 wheel but never experienced this before,maybe they need a clean.
But If you guys have had the same problem with the g27 pedals could you give me some advice on what to do, cheers đź‘Ť

Don't know what spluttering means, but if the pedal input is flickering in-game, then the potentiometer just needs cleaning. A guide here youtube.com/watch?v=I96fkD36MKY. I did it myself a week ago with my brake pedal (quite dirty!) and for my gas pedal some months ago - you're welcome to PM if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Had time for 25 plus laps just now and improved over a second.

Playing with BB and have settled on +2 and braking early and trail braking as smooth as possible to get the front end pointed where I want it. This thing is a beast of a car and demands smooth driving for sure.

New splits, slower first sector so giving up some time with this fast lap there.

Shaved 0.8 off with another 20 laps, down to yesterday's optimum, but optimum now another second in front of me. I know I can get a better lap, time for bed now though!

I was actually kinda dreading this one since I had a lot of trouble with the Porsche Cup on Suzuka (the car combined with how tricky the track was made me hate it), but after about a daily workout's worth of laps I'd like to believe I got better at handling this track, especially with the GT3 RS.

Dean I won't go into electronic jargon.

First port of call is potentiometer , small can of compressed air and a spray can of switch cleaner(good quality) a multimeter if you have one would be very useful.

Power off, multimeter set to resistance +lead centre pin -lead to earth.
Operate pedal slow and smooth while watching meter, you should see a nice smooth reading from max to min. Do this a few times to get a sense of how well it's working.

It may be a bit erratic denoting the track or wiper is dirty.

Use a small shot of Compressed air into the opening then operate pedal again each time watching meter.

If pot is found a little Un smooth now use switch cleaner, small spray into pot working pedal at same time, this will work the cleaner between the track and wiper, the spray will evaporate, repeat above.

Don't use wd40 it's not a switch cleaner and doesn't evaporate like cleaner.

I hope this is your spluttering problem (mine is just old age) and not a component breaking down on the pcb.

Let me know how you get on via pm so as not to block up this thread.
Phillip

Last edited:

Starting to feel the pedals again now the swelling in the feet is going down, had better :( T1, high 36 so can make a little there, hope.

Latest Posts

Back