GTP_WRS Week 28 : Dodge Viper SRT 10 @ London Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 208 comments
:banghead::dunce::embarrassed::censored::banghead:🤬:embarrassed::dunce::dunce:

With great regret and apology, I have to ask for my time to be removed.

I was driving a "TUNED" SRT10 I am extremely embarressed and sorry for doing so.

I knew something was not right, when I started a 2nd session and started to go much quicker than holl01, :banghead::banghead:🤬:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

:D Sorry, but that is funny!

T1 - 24.968
T2 - 40.544

Gotta try and find time for another session because there is still time to find there for me.

You guys are right I apologize about my previous post. You put alot of effort in this so its not fair to say such a thing.
I was a bit frustrated because I wasn't getting any good results. But instead of whining I should go and practise more.

:banghead::dunce::embarrassed::censored::banghead:🤬:embarrassed::dunce::dunce:

With great regret and apology, I have to ask for my time to be removed.

I was driving a "TUNED" SRT10 I am extremely embarressed and sorry for doing so.

I knew something was not right, when I started a 2nd session and started to go much quicker than holl01, :banghead::banghead:🤬:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Hah hah, no worries zed300, we all have to make mistakes sometimes.:cheers:

On the other hand, long story short I'm using my old wheel again and have done some splits I will post tomorrow some time. T2 I believe is 40.3xx, but I'm losing some 0.2sec at T1 (I also got very sideways in T2, but I don't think it cost me much time, powersliding evidently isn't too harsh on speed when you have such a powerful RWD vehicle in such a confined space). I would have kept at it today but the totally random nature of the track and bumps in those oh so awkward places really made me not want to spend too much time in one go at it.:banghead:

Improve splits:

T1: 24.829
T2: 40.161

I really can't see where I'm losing the time in T1, just watched my replay and I can't see where there's more to come.

EDIT: Having JUST said the above, I promptly ruined a T1 of 24.710. Tremendous :lol:

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Some splits, in the correct car reflects my usual skill (or lack of) in comparison to you guys.

I have seen a couple in the 25.1xx but...........

That's not SO bad.:P It's a very random track, I wonder if some of it is luck rather than driver skill.:lol:

That is in fact a vast improvement over my previous sessions. First time below 41 at T2.

I don't get any quicker to T1 but seem to have the rest at least OK sorted now.

T1: 25.207
T2: 40.550

Made a slight improvement this morning 👍

T1 25.206
T2 40.959

Still losing a lot of time through T1 as for some reason I keep braking to early. Whats more annoying is that I know I'm braking to early and yet every time I think to myself 'brake a bit later this time', my foot automatically brakes early again :banghead:

Will keep going until the deadline with this one as I know I can go faster

HeyBigracer,I just tried to check luxy,and there is no times for week 28. All other weeks are there. Is this the case for for all of us or do I just have this problem.

HeyBigracer,I just tried to check luxy,and there is no times for week 28. All other weeks are there. Is this the case for for all of us or do I just have this problem.

I just checked Luxy and it was cool 👍

Just awaiting the next update :cheers:

All the best
Maz

I set mine to simulation and full feedback, no power assists although I might have to experiment with that idea, cheers

Thanks Dan, that is also what i am running at the moment,but i put it back to 7 and seemed to go faster..?? I prefer the feel of 10 better though and thanks for replying

New splits:

T1: 24.576
T2: 39.996

I could kick myself for not having done this sooner, but after watching the number 1 driver in the rankings about an hour ago, I noticed that he was definitely using traction control. So I fiddled around with the TCS settings and finally settled on TCS at 5--almost a bit ashamed to admit it :guilty:--but I was immediately faster using TCS (especially in T1). It really helps on the exit of turn 3 as well as helping to lay down as much power as possible on the entrance to turn 4. To be honest, I can't really recall a combo in which TCS was of any real help at all, so this one seems to be quite unique (at least in my experience). Maybe the nature of the track--tight, confined quarters, bumpy surface, short blasts followed by heavy braking--is conducive to TCS? Also, after trying Dan's suggestion on 1st gear, I have reverted back to using second gear for turns 2, 3 and the final turn now, no more 1st gear.

However, I am obviously still struggling from T1 through the sweeper. I guess I am losing about .150 to .2 through that section at the moment.
Don't know whether that is due to the TCS, or just my lack of driving skill at the moment. I am still using FFB at 10 however, for what it's worth.

EDIT:

New Splits:

T1: 24.638
T2: 39.885

Slower T1, but much better T2.

Last edited:
New Splits for me. I might go back now and try the TC Carl is mentioning above. Still having fun with the combo, but approaching my limit under the current circumstances, I'm afraid. :guilty:

EDIT: Well, I've officially weaned myself from TCS. Turning it on just messed me up in the corners I'm using some throttle steering. Will come back for more tomorrow. 👍

Last edited:
Does anyone mind saying what there Force Feedback is set,and wether power assisted steering is on or off?

Simulation mode and now power assists is often what most guys do, but force feedback is entirely up to you. I use 7, others use 10, mad94d only uses 5 even.👍

Edit: I finally have some splits to report:
T1- 24.890
T2- 40.288

And now I'm submitting with the knowledge and mental note to never come back to London reverse.

Last edited:
FF: 5 Never tried anything else......... for no good reason though..
TCS: Off always.
Steering assist: Off always.

Submitted with my current splits, I had another go this morning and could not improve :( Good luck to all other competitors.

Simulation mode and now power assists is often what most guys do, but force feedback is entirely up to you. I use 7, others use 10, mad94d only uses 5 even.👍

Yeah, I only use 5. It seems to work best with most cars. In a few cars the steering can get a bit light. But I never change it, never can be bothered.:lol::D

I did try 10 once, but I drive the F2007 a fair bit. So that thing is pretty wild on 10 and I didn't really want to keep changing the FF. But as Paulie said, it's really just personal preference.👍

Back