GTP_WRS Week 28 : To the top Mr Bond!

• Thread starter Argon
  • 185 comments
I took a sledgehammer to my transmission and got a T1 of 22.035, then i proceeded to crash a lot. :irked:

Don’t look at your splits or your ghost chasing you, it will only mess you up. Easy to say, hard to do...

Or what I do is turn off the ghost for the majority of the lap, turn it on again when you're on the straight, look back for a split second and then turn it back off again. It's something that works for me, but it might not for everyone else

I use the indicator numbered 12 in this screen grab. It's much more reliable than the ghost and far less intrusive. Blue you are faster/red you are slower. It's especially useful because it compares your actual speed on that part of the track to your fastest lap so you always know how you are doing

i1GgGDX2OQa1Tb.jpg

Not getting as much time as hoped on this and when I do far too many red laps.............

That said some improvement as now running basically @shoenboggie 's tune and @Bellin 's gearing. The tuning has made a difference time wise and stability wise but its still a heavy car and is sensitive to rumble strips/elevation changes etc. Lets just say the car and track are by no means a 'match made in heaven'...............

Still looking for further improvement over the weekend but will have limited time again.

Thanks to everyone who suggested ways to limit my driving distractions! However, almost all of my crashes are not related to looking away from what's ahead of me. I've reached a point in this combo where my lap time is stagnant, so the only way to improve my time is to push the limits of this course. If I can string together an aggressive lap, I think I can improve my overall time by two seconds, but I haven't driven a clean lap since my last posted splits. The new tranny I am riding is much faster on almost every corner of the track, but I have not yet mastered the new shift points and cornering strategies. Hopefully soon I will be able to balance aggression and finesse, but I won't count on this...

Don't forget the On Line Race today folks, sign up as we are are doing a Two for One deal... Crash once and we give you another free.

C'mon it's the deal of the century!

Seriously though it's a great track to race on and the car is actually not that bad in race mode.. See you there

hooray made the time I thought I could do with this combo,

Hair raising moment at the top, quick intake of breath, sign of the cross and a word with the gods of forgiveness, I managed to hold it. My prays must have been answered as the replay goes on past the finish line.

Came about from hitting the left curb to hard just before .
vfJCC2WHn2TDYZD8eqgT0SrmQaXu00G-8xYqWUd8d_N2GXj7lUXsjTZuSmpyeIcUv5pTL9hrFA0nHKyRf1GRERu7h5yub6XgrgzptKgdeAx5D9sIiQXqzte_XvaQrj2-mNR7DeGzl8znm74IK5Fir-kFkmBhoP82ytRprU-z69MAHqsHf-MOumwIxGunEydv-jgEqc7yVaXONkDnzam3fCulFLrBLIZyEdC8BlVQecOVV4KDY9RogEWS2D6_ENXbAYR_9hRSPCGvDAuw-YX-rL99t1aArvplRELxRTVCYczaIdLdNVG4LqoxWZPkM5Q_etGPk5MeCcIZsvV5vHAUqA5uji9zNkFc3jR_85cZxTwlmicy6eNcJ2ygpNIU2uNl7EkWwL_GjpRE_ZRxKh5EkJXBJTG2jDyJTA4pF9BJRv43JrnNgij8wq6kNCOnTwFDrDPhVD3umopRp7kalEoi3WbSNs_9TtIe1ZV52NzzaijUT2R6XrC8YAtORsbl0rgb3myFKbhhaj_cbBiOqZhVBrBosTcLLy7VXhu11cA_KkhU-sAjC10l83oHtv3Dbih5_m8EfCje6-DuonG4c4jaxtrxeWAfHmuiAK4yIqM=w1920-h1080-no

Using a mix between the posted tunes and my own small adjustments. Still drives like a boat with a loose steering wheel.

Edit: whops, I was on sport softs. I'll run another session with mediums. This will be going uphill.

Last edited:

Using a mix between the posted tunes and my own small adjustments. Still drives like a boat with a loose steering wheel.

Edit: whops, I was on sport softs. I'll run another session with mediums. This will be going uphill.

On sport mediums now.

Doubt I'd be competitive in this car. Tune setup seems to have a big influence on this car, and I'm clueless on how to fix the handling.

Also, too bad we can't use the walls, as they are much better at stabilizing the car than the suspension system!

Found 2s on last night's time:

That'll be me done with this one, there is more time to find but I don't think I'll be able to get enough laps in to beat it

Here's my setup if anyone's curious, doubt it's that good but it's what worked for me
PS_Messages_20180610_184636.jpg
PS_Messages_20180610_184641.jpg

Found 2s on last night's time:

That'll be me done with this one, there is more time to find but I don't think I'll be able to get enough laps in to beat it

Here's my setup if anyone's curious, doubt it's that good but it's what worked for me
View attachment 742552 View attachment 742553

You might want to crank your LSD Accel number way down as that isn't helping you at all where it is....go as low as 10 👍

I've hit a barrier with these times.. put this lap in on Tues.. and 250 laps later.. I still haven't gone faster.. even though I had faster sector one's.. so in theory I should be able to go around .3xx faster.. may give it another.. if I find time..

Back