GTP_WRS Week 29 : FusciCujo?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 455 comments
Tiny improvement
Ran a .39 in T1 ,so still a couple of tenths left.

Thats enough mate

Epic! So just over 3 tenths better then my best, and fastest overall, in the first corner...and yet I'm 0.25 faster than you in T2 :confused: Gearing? Downforce?

Probably DF. If that's the case. Multiple your advance from T2 by 2 or maybe 3 times for T3

DTM
Probably DF. If that's the case. Multiple your advance from T2 by 2 or maybe 3 times for T3

Makes sense...curious way to approach the lap, especially how twisty and long T3 is. @jimipitbull has proven himself to be very swift though...

Epic! So just over 3 tenths better then my best, and fastest overall, in the first corner...and yet I'm 0.25 faster than you in T2 :confused: Gearing? Downforce?

DTM

Can run better T2 with more downforce, but I'm not seeing too much difference over the line.

For those who tired my tune and found it too understeery for their liking, suggest -

• Raise front spring rate or lower rear spring rate. Rear spring higher than front tightens up the car, front spring higher than rear makes the car loose.
  • Add some Negative Rear toe. Start with maybe -0.05.
  • Lower LSD initial torque and accel settings.
  • Lower rear downforce, although this causes some overall balance issues that may require further suspension adjustments.
My biggest issue with lower rear DF and a looser tune in general is really 3 corners, all in T3. The chicane at the start of T3, and the final 2 corners, the last corner in particular.

If you are trying my tune and you don't drive the whole lap. If you give up on it because you are behind your ghost at T1 or T2. Suggest you finish the lap and see what happens. ;)

I intend to start my next session with a low DF setup. The other issue is that it's really hard to bounce between the extremes. You get a feel for one thing and expect it to work the way it has worked. So when you switch to something radically different, it's tough to control.

The thing I like about my tune is I can get on the power with confidence in those low traction, low speed corners. And it feels fine to me in 100R. I can see how it would push more in turn 1 than people might like.

Can run better T2 with more downforce, but I'm not seeing too much difference over the line.
What DF are you using?

EDK
For those who tired my tune and found it too understeery for their liking, suggest -

• Raise front spring rate or lower rear spring rate. Rear spring higher than front tightens up the car, front spring higher than rear makes the car loose.
  • Add some Negative Rear toe. Start with maybe -0.05.
  • Lower LSD initial torque and accel settings.
  • Lower rear downforce, although this causes some overall balance issues that may require further suspension adjustments.
My biggest issue with lower rear DF and a looser tune in general is really 3 corners, all in T3. The chicane at the start of T3, and the final 2 corners, the last corner in particular.

If you are trying my tune and you don't drive the whole lap. If you give up on it because you are behind your ghost at T1 or T2. Suggest you finish the lap and see what happens. ;)

I intend to start my next session with a low DF setup. The other issue is that it's really hard to bounce between the extremes. You get a feel for one thing and expect it to work the way it has worked. So when you switch to something radically different, it's tough to control.

The thing I like about my tune is I can get on the power with confidence in those low traction, low speed corners. And it feels fine to me in 100R. I can see how it would push more in turn 1 than people might like.

What DF are you using?

I'm not touching a thing, this tune hauls. I'm catching up, a few tenths here and there. Gonna spend some more time with this tune tonight and see how it goes. It's more my driving, gotta get used to setting the car prior to the turn it. Thanks for the great tune!

Reactions: EDK
First few runs

Probably would be more of a fan of Fuji if at the start of the year I'd hadn't of sat down to watch the highlights of the Asia Le mans series and watched 9 laps under the safety car in the pouring rain and then they cancelled race, 2 hour highlights just for that!! I still feel robbed :lol:...

I've had to turn off the display as I'm getting distracted at the t2 split which is near enough the braking point for the chicane and I go in too deep and hose the lap. This is fun though ;)

I've had to turn off the display as I'm getting distracted at the t2 split which is near enough the braking point for the chicane and I go in too deep and hose the lap. This is fun though ;)
I've still not found the perfect braking point for this one. I know to take it wide, but it is hard to place exactly which red/white curbstone I should stop at each time.

Sloppy T2.Pretty much done with this one.
It seems about compromising between no DF at all,or just a bit at the front.
To be continued..:lol:

Using @skyline1683 's tune. Mighty decent and sporting of you guys to post your tunes. I'd be helpless and hopeless otherwise.

I've run a couple of 20.7's, but I'm at least as likely to run a 21.0 or more as anything in the low 20.9s or lower. I don't have a clue what I'm doing differently. My brake reference is the same. I try to downshift with the same cadence and turn in at the same time, but... These sorts of things baffle me and I think it's why I've developed a raging addiction to TT'ing.

Been a tenth or two faster through sector 2 (usually coupled with a 21.0 plus sector 1) and I've seen more than a couple of 51.3s as well as a bunch of laps in the 51.4s....it's rare that I get the chicane and the last two turns more or less right in the same lap.

New splits, again more than 1 second of improvement vs. my prior session.

I built a new tune, using my old transmission and starting with Sutuki's concepts as my base. Seems a trend with these tuning events now. I build a comfortable tune, then a fast one. :sly:

EDK 2.0 Tune
RH 75/50
Springs 9.3/11.0
Dampers Comp 1/1
Dampers Ext 2/3
ARB 7/7
Camber 0.8/0.0
Toe 0/0
BB 3/4

Trans - Final Far Right, Top Speed Far Left
Set
Final = 3300