GTP_WRS Week 3 : Tarmac Rally Time!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 524 comments
45:55 +3BB

My improvements have been at the end of the lap.

I've got no idea how to improve that T2 and if I can manage to balance the car at the apex of turn 2 of the chicane I can get decent exit speed w/o wheel spin, but that ain't easy.

Are you guys taking the sweeping downhill left all the way inside? Anytime I try to brake late it gets fugly :lol: This one is hard for me, which is good for me ;)

Jerome
Try going from 45:55 to 10:90 as more power to the back may help than back to 45:55.

45:55 +3BB
Are you guys taking the sweeping downhill left all the way inside? Anytime I try to brake late it gets fugly :lol: This one is hard for me, which is good for me ;)

Brake earlier and lighter than you want to and let the car roll for a bit with no throttle - I don't take this one (nor the first turn) completely inside, but close to it. Make sure you're staying in 5th as well, 4th is a big time loss (took me an hour to realize this for the first turn :embarrassed:).

Brake earlier and lighter than you want to and let the car roll for a bit with no throttle - I don't take this one (nor the first turn) completely inside, but close to it. Make sure you're staying in 5th as well, 4th is a big time loss (took me an hour to realize this for the first turn :embarrassed:).

5th, eh? Okay, let's see how that goes. Thanks buddy!

Jerome

You still got it my man, great tips! New splits and a faster lap after one session.

Still 45:55 +3BB I spent the first part of today (an hour?) trying different TD settings, I keep coming back to this. I will try your TD settings later @Iceman 👍

EDIT: I also changed the controller sensitivity steering option to +3 from 0. I don't know if it had any real affect with my wheel(?)

Jerome

Last edited:
Perhaps some... pineapple? :lol:
I have a feeling that Pineapple alone will be insufficient for my safe word requirements.
I'm also considering a congratulatory fruit. Something satisfying to say for when I rarely get it right. Guava? Say it with me in a low voice. Guavaaaa! Guuuaaavaaaaa...
I believe the night shifts are taking their toll. I haven't turned a wheel yet!

After a long first session, best lap has:

Addicting combo!

40/60 +1 BB

Great splits Iceman 👍

Does anyone know why are these splits are not showing on the fetchy board?

Just seems to take a while to load. Did today's gr.3 race after I posted mine and had another look and it was there.

Great splits Iceman 👍

Does anyone know why are these splits are not showing on the fetchy board?
I see that @Iceman is still in Fetchy's registry as 'IŒman - Be_Weis'.

@Iceman, if your PSN is not Be_Weis anymore you can just follow this.
Instructions for Registration Submission:
  • To submit your registration, start a new conversation with WRSFetchBot(Subject title: GTP_WRS Registration)
  • Provide your PSN ID and country details, exactly like this (case sensitive):

PSN: GTP_EDK
If you still use that PSN-ID you will need to ask the admins to make the name change.

Added a few of you guys, feel free to add me. I added mostly GTP tags as I was unsure if people were using different IDs.

Really hoping to find time to run these soon, just struggling to find time during the festive period. It seems when I do the game gets updated with physics changes

Cheers guys

I see that @Iceman is still in Fetchy's registry as 'IŒman - Be_Weis'.

@Iceman, if your PSN is not Be_Weis anymore you can just follow this.

If you still use that PSN-ID you will need to ask the admins to make the name change.
We've already had some conversations going on about that one. When both are changing (GTP and PSN) it's a bit trickier.

Lost .2 in the 2nd sector but took it back in the 3rd and made .2 at the line 👍

I expect when the real fast guys have a go at this.. we will see splits around 26.0 / 18.1 / 27.0 making a very low 1'11 at T3.. that's how much I reckon is still up for grabs here! but way out of my league unfortunately! I'll be happy to scrape another .2 👍

Good luck guys :cheers:

I really need to get my wheel set up, until then it's pad for me. I'm finding the S turn (13 and 14) really tricky and end up backwards in the barrier more often then not :(

Approaching it a little more slowly, will help stablise the car as you power out, giving less drift towards the barrier

Back