GTP_WRS Week 33 : RUF Road Ahead - 4WD Required

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 322 comments
Did you change the rims to a bigger size? I heard that can affect the transmission settings. The other thing it could be, is if you bought it before the 1.09 update, you may have to reset the settings.

Hi Patrick,
Thanks for the response. No, I only bought the car tonight and did not make any changes other than mentioned.
(Ride Height, Brake Balance and Torque Split) Any other ideas perhaps?

Hi Patrick,
Thanks for the response. No, I only bought the car tonight and did not make any changes other than mentioned.
(Ride Height, Brake Balance and Torque Split) Any other ideas perhaps?
It's a known problem and I'll be fixing it in about 3hrs from now.

I decided to stay another day to watch and help pit-crew with @EDK's race team, so I'm a little behind on things. :P

Did you change the rims to a bigger size? I heard that can affect the transmission settings. The other thing it could be, is if you bought it before the 1.09 update, you may have to reset the settings.

Rims can not be changed on this car. "Standard" only

Rocket Raccoon approves.

Looking forward to what the community has in store for Suspension and Diff settings. Time to get our knowledge on!!!

:gtpflag:

are you referring to the size?

I may be wrong, but I think you can change rims as long as they are standard size. On non tuning events you can't go up a size as it affects the transmission settings and Fetchy will reject the replay. I don't think Fetchy can discern what rims you have on the car, so I think you can put on custom rims on the car in the standard size. Anyone that can confirm that please do so as I am not exactly sure.

Haven't driven this track like this outside of the few events in career mode since the GT Academy demo. New splits

1'09.208

It's a known problem and I'll be fixing it in about 3hrs from now.

I decided to stay another day to watch and help pit-crew with @EDK's race team, so I'm a little behind on things. :P
OK you guys can trying submitting again, it should be fixed now.

Reactions: EDK
Hm, after seeing Daniel's splits I think I'm gonna try less camber.
Got few 24.6s in the first sector and finding time in other sectors too. I'll post splits when I break into 1'06s at T3.

1'05.600

Seen a 24.198 and some 46.9's so a couple of tenths left for me when i can put it all together, this car was made for bouncing round this track :D

Ok. That's it for the night.

1'06.856

Edit: also tried submitting and it worked (with standard size custom wheels).

Last edited:
Is the oval part of the track at the exit of the final turn considered track or not?

This part:
Indy.jpg

Only had a quick half hour but I LOVE sliding this car around, I can't imagine it makes for the fastest lap but this thing is a blast to just fling around corners:

1:07.900

Be nice to get some more time on it but we'll see, lap submitted just in case 👍

RUF CTR2 Week 33 Tune:

Ride Height: 100/95
Camber Angle: 1.0/0.5
Brake Balance: 5/7
Center Differential: 25:75

Last edited:
No.The white Line is the track Limit
Are you sure? The OP only covers the concrete areas from turn 7 to turn 11. this is tarmac, and it feels really unnatural to force the car inside the line there. If the white line is track limit here I think I'll sit this one out.

Confirmation, @EDK ? , @Gravitron ?

et_
Are you sure? The OP only covers the concrete areas from turn 7 to turn 11. this is tarmac, and it feels really unnatural to force the car inside the line there. If the white line is track limit here I think I'll sit this one out.

Confirmation, @EDK ? , @Gravitron ?

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Rumbles are track (both Blue-n-white and Black-n-white)
  • The concrete surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not Track.
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on tarmac or rumble strips will be DQ'd.
Well...Sure. The outside part is only part of the OvalCourse - but staying inside with 2 wheels is the natural given line, isn't it...? At least I don't manage to get a higher speed at the finish line for the next lap if I use that part ;)

1'05.335

Wound up with some unexpected time on my hands, don't know where these sectors came from though :lol:

Nailed a nice drift in T2 which seemed to work well!

et_
Is the oval part of the track at the exit of the final turn considered track or not?

This part:
View attachment 216521
We've allowed that as track in past events. I will say that its generally NOT the fastest way around this track. Try turning in sooner and keeping your line low and tight. You might be pleasantly surprised. ;)

Caveat is that I've not driven the combo yet, so suppose enough under steer could change that.

This is @Gravitron 's combo, he will make the final ruling.

Reactions: et_
EDK
We've allowed that as track in past events. I will say that its generally NOT the fastest way around this track. Try turning in sooner and keeping your line low and tight. You might be pleasantly surprised. ;)

Caveat is that I've not driven the combo yet, so suppose enough under steer could change that.

This is @Gravitron 's combo, he will make the final ruling.
Its not so much about understeer, more about the immense speed this car manages to build up in that short bit. it just feels unnatural to me, as I almost always use that bit of track, even if it's only like 1½-2 car widths. and it feels faster because you dont need to put any load on the tyres, and you got to go out to the far left for the next turn anyway.
but as you said @Gravitron will have to make the final decision.:)

et_
Its not so much about understeer, more about the immense speed this car manages to build up in that short bit. it just feels unnatural to me, as I almost always use that bit of track, even if it's only like 1½-2 car widths. and it feels faster because you dont need to put any load on the tyres, and you got to go out to the far left for the next turn anyway.
but as you said @Gravitron will have to make the final decision.:)
It feels faster, but like I said, try turning early and keeping it tight, and see what happens to your ghost. ;)

I'm not in the habit of giving line advice to guys who are much faster than me, but this track is a special circumstance. I logged about 40 total hours on the 2010 GTAcademy that used the Road 370Z on N3 and Tuned 370Z on R1. With those combos, the tight line was worth nearly a tenth.

Back