GTP_WRS Week 34 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 111 comments
Damn, i didnt do as well as i had thought, i did have a lot of trouble with the entrance to the first corner though so that's where i lost about a second on my time, i was hoping to get a 2min flat but couldn't all thanks to that corner lol

replay submitted below :)

Attachments

• GTP_paul-p1988 WRS W34.zip
    321.6 KB · Views: 10
Anyone waiting to use the new rewind features of the Spec 2 update to review replays will find that it only works on replays recorded after you downloaded Spec 2.

Also the rewind function only "restarts" at the checkpoints you cant move the action frame by frame unfortanatly for us.:)

Got my internet connection working right again.👍

3---1'57.490---GTP_MadMax86
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Great lap after the first sector, wich was crazy, i was like :eek::crazy: if it was not for that you would be first :dopey:
But insane is the fact that our best laps were recorded at the exact same time, last night :dopey:

5---1'58.741---GTP_Sjaak

Great last two sectors 👍👍

28--1'59.819---GTP_unkymo1 r=4.329 (d4/-0.340)

Can´t do that with a DS3 👍

34--2'01.299---GTP_paul-p1988 r=5.126 (d5/0.416)

Just try to break a little earlier, and don´t smash the gas unless you´re already pointed in the right direction

Last edited:

Great lap after the first sector, wich was crazy, i was like :eek::crazy: if it was not for that you would be first :dopey:
But insane is the fact that our best laps were recorded at the exact same time, last night :dopey:

5---1'58.741---GTP_Sjaak

Great last two sectors 👍👍

28--1'59.819---GTP_unkymo1 r=4.329 (d4/-0.340)

Can´t do that with a DS3 👍

34--2'01.299---GTP_paul-p1988 r=5.126 (d5/0.416)

Just try to break a little earlier, and don´t smash the gas unless you´re already pointed in the right direction

I second that 👍

1---1'57.232---GTP_UsualSuspect

Pretty close on the busstop there, but clean
Entering like this
roadcoursedaytona1.jpg
roadcoursedaytona2.jpg

Exiting like this
roadcoursedaytonac.jpg

👍👍👍

Thanks for checking. :cheers:

The exact same minute :eek:

More PAL replay checks:

1---1'57.232---GTP_UsualSuspect

9---1'59.819---GTP_unkymo1

4---2'01.299---GTP_paul-p1988

Good , clean laps with correct specs.

On the first check , after a long time spent at loading screen , unkymo1's lap/replay started from T1 ?? :dopey:

I don't know if paup inteantionally left the TCS at 5 .
2 times very close to 3 wheel off , but nothing to worry about.

And last but not least , UsualSuspect . On the bus-stop corners 2 and 3 you held very tight line. 👍

Damn , you beat me at replay checking too. 👍

Double damn , Speedy !! :lol:

MadMax

I was thinking the same thing when I was checking and recording the replays.
Then I refreshed my page and Usual Suspect edited the last two in.:ouch:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MadMax

:dopey::dopey:

Thank you for checking my replay Speedy and MadMax 👍

I know it was not easy but i did watch it over 10 times last night and only submited because i couldn´t find any doubt besides being REALLY CLOSE :scared:

Thanks also for jack, CSL, Yanaran, Peter, Anghammarad and Chris for the nice words :embarrassed:

Fingers cross this laps on the money:tup: Pretty much fingernail stuff for every section at the bus stop.

Attachments

• GTP_DHollandwrs34.zip
    310.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Has anyone tried taking a picture after the Spec 2 update?

I just did to have some photographic evidence but when I snapped the picture the car wasnt in the same position in the photo. It was moved back about 1 foot. Like I took a picture of the car .001 before I paused it if you can understand what im getting at.

Instead of the tire being right at the end of the rumble it was far from the end in the photo on the 2nd apex of the busstop.

Weird.

Has anyone tried taking a picture after the Spec 2 update?

I just did to have some photographic evidence but when I snapped the picture the car wasnt in the same position in the photo. It was moved back about 1 foot. Like I took a picture of the car .001 before I paused it if you can understand what im getting at.

Instead of the tire being right at the end of the rumble it was far from the end in the photo on the 2nd apex of the busstop.

Weird.

It was the same before the Spec 2 update.

Yes rumbles are "lengthened" in photos, very strange, the car is actually in the same spot, but sometimes the rumble is literally larger/longer in the photo, very, very strange, but true.

1---1'56.296---GTP_DHolland
rflagnv1.gif

You've cut the entry of the Bus Stop a bit too much. 3 wheels are completely on the grass for a split second.

Thanks for confirming the invalid nature of my lap.

Sorry EDK for not having superhuman timing that I can't pinpoint an area in question of no more than 30 cm, when the car is traveling at 160km/h plus. I made 3 or 4 attempts to get it, and all of them I was 90 per cent confident that it was clean. The last picture viper uploaded was the closest I came.

BTW, crap site, as when I click to enlarge, it opens a new tab and goes to the same exact picture and resolution, nice one.

Last edited:
9---1'58.261---GTP_AtomicZombie (Replay Needed)
- Short-shifting to 3rd in the 2nd sector may have given you a couple of tenths as it's a little easier to get back full on the gas without the rear stepping out. Easy lap to check 👍

12--2'00.491---GTP_AspecBob (Replay Needed)
- Nice lap, clean as a whistle! Some of your lines were off, but watching some of the other replays should help with that and a little more aggression needed ;) 👍

Your lap being invalid Dan has me even more anxious about mine :nervous: It seems mine has been downloaded 12 times and still no
!!!!

Anyone care to shed any light on it?

I guess MarkyBoy will be watching this with eyes wide open now. :)

12--2'00.491---GTP_AspecBob (Replay Needed)
- Nice lap, clean as a whistle! Some of your lines were off, but watching some of the other replays should help with that and a little more aggression needed ;) 👍

Thanks for checking my replay, RIP_Welsh_Don, and also for the advice. I am hoping to improve with time by rubbing shoulders with more experienced drivers such as yourself (and watching the replays!) 👍

Last edited:
Question: If the car has four wheels outside the white line in this picture, which is the exit out of the first right hairpin... is that legal? Not asking about this picture as it's obviously clean and from EDKs original post, but just that location and if the white line is the boundary or the tarmac all the way to the grass.

On my lap I assumed it was the white line (which was probably a mistake) and stayed within, but checking as I'm reviewing some replays.

RoadCourse-Daytona_1.jpg

Assuming it's clean to have four tires outside this white line but still on tarmac:

2---1'56.622---GTP_Welsh-Bain

Specs and times match.

You were very close in the bus stop as well. I got an exact freeze frame the moment you passed the yellow rumbles entering the bus stop and you had about 3 inches of tire over tarmac. Probably less than 6 inches to the right of DHolland and that was the difference between clean and dirty. Close on the rumbles exiting the bus stop, but not as close. Also you sure flirted with the outside wall leading up to the bus stop... I didn't dare get that close to it.

I tried to take a pic, but when I shot the pic it backed up a few thousandths of a second and was in the wrong spot. As far as I know that little bug is new with the update. Last time I did this it stayed where I froze it.

I like the short shift to 3rd technique you used on the last corner prior to the straight.

---

Blair, specs and times match. Much easier replay to review as there were no close calls. Nice lap.

1---1'59.220---GTP_MilleRSVR

---

Specs and times match. Nice clean lap no photomode required.

2---1'57.859---GTP_Benz-27

---

GTP_Benz-27 and GTP_Welsh-Bain were both outside the white lines on exit of the hairpin per that picture above, but I'm now assuming that's clean.

Last edited:
9---1'58.261---GTP_AtomicZombie (Replay Needed)
- Short-shifting to 3rd in the 2nd sector may have given you a couple of tenths as it's a little easier to get back full on the gas without the rear stepping out. Easy lap to check 👍

Thanks for checking my replay, if i get a chance ill check yours tomorrow night when i get home

Question: If the car has four wheels outside the white line in this picture, which is the exit out of the first right hairpin... is that legal? Not asking about this picture as it's obviously clean and from EDKs original post, but just that location and if the white line is the boundary or the tarmac all the way to the grass.

On my lap I assumed it was the white line (which was probably a mistake) and stayed within, but checking as I'm reviewing some replays.

RoadCourse-Daytona_1.jpg

Assuming it's clean to have four tires outside this white line but still on tarmac:

2---1'56.622---GTP_Welsh-Bain

Specs and times match.

You were very close in the bus stop as well. I got an exact freeze frame the moment you passed the yellow rumbles entering the bus stop and you had about 3 inches of tire over tarmac. Probably less than 6 inches to the right of DHolland and that was the difference between clean and dirty. Close on the rumbles exiting the bus stop, but not as close. Also you sure flirted with the outside wall leading up to the bus stop... I didn't dare get that close to it.

I tried to take a pic, but when I shot the pic it backed up a few thousandths of a second and was in the wrong spot. As far as I know that little bug is new with the update. Last time I did this it stayed where I froze it.

I like the short shift to 3rd technique you used on the last corner prior to the straight.

Thanks for checking my lap buddy. I knew it was close which is why it needed looking at by more eyes with faster pause skills ;)

This is the text in the original post by EDK "Yellow Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track", therefore I understand this to be ok.

You'll have to upload your replay again mate
The one you've uploaded now is last weeks at Monaco :lol:

4 wheels outside white line is dirty? if not i probably lost .1 just there not going over, bad luck Dan.

Four wheels outside of the white line there has always been considered clean in WRS. Or rather, it's been clean for the past five or six times we'be been there

RoadCourse-Daytona_1.jpg

Outside the line is clean. Sjaak made it dirty in the very first WRS we did here (On Prologue), but that was in much lower powered cars.

Since I suddenly find myself on the podium (:guilty:) I upload my replay here.

Attachments

• WRS34_GTP_Anghammarad.zip
    312.6 KB · Views: 9
4---1'57.237---GTP_Anghammarad

Nice clean lap
busstop was very easy to check 👍

Back