GTP_WRS Week 34 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 111 comments
EDK
Outside the line is clean. Sjaak made it dirty in the very first WRS we did here (On Prologue), but that was in much lower powered cars.

Thanks... I managed to stay just inside that line on my WRS lap with the right tires and thought I cut it close. :lol:

At least now in the 3D3 races today I can run off on exit beyond that line and not feel guilty about it. :sly:

4---1'57.237---GTP_Anghammarad
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Nice clean lap
busstop was very easy to check 👍

Thanks for checking.

Didn't had the time to participate in week 34 due to a lot of work...

But still a big congratulation to all podiums and MilleRSVR for the top on the podium in D4... and messing with D3-times...! :)

Hopefully I will be able to make a submission for week35, so do look out over your shoulder for me :sly:

My proper replay. :)

Attachments

• GTP_WRS Week 34.zip
    325.1 KB · Views: 10
1---1'56.296---GTP_DHolland
rflagnv1.gif

You've cut the entry of the Bus Stop a bit too much. 3 wheels are completely on the grass for a split second.

Thanks for confirming the invalid nature of my lap.

Sorry EDK for not having superhuman timing that I can't pinpoint an area in question of no more than 30 cm, when the car is traveling at 160km/h plus. I made 3 or 4 attempts to get it, and all of them I was 90 per cent confident that it was clean. The last picture viper uploaded was the closest I came.

BTW, crap site, as when I click to enlarge, it opens a new tab and goes to the same exact picture and resolution, nice one.

I'm posting this for the benefit of the membership.

GTP_DHolland (MarkWebber) has been banned from the site for a separate incident.

However, his registry membership was also under review for his 4th registry event disqualification. Additionally, this wasn't his first incident in the same exact place at the same track -

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3240358#post3240358

Nor is it his first time being banned from the site for non-racing incidents.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3241762#post3241762

I have my doubts that we will see him back on the site, and even if you do, his status in the registry is in serious doubt.

Understand that an occasional DQ may happen, mistakes can occur.

But repeat violations and a pattern of the same behavior will put your registry membership in jeopardy.

Not to mention the fact that if you are not 100% sure your lap is clean, consider it dirty. Does this sound 100% sure?

Cool stuff guys, and nice time from Welsh in your opening race, I too am a little bit doubtful in 1 spot at the bus stop, as I could never get a clear photo snap on the exact moment where in doubt, but the lap SHOULD be clean, replay posting will occur within the next 5 hours, along with a youtube video.

Thanks for checking my lap.

I was beginning to get annoyed with the WRS thing as my times were way off so it was nice to put in a decent enough time for a change!

I do have one major problem though which has probably been discussed before and its got to do with corner cutting. It seems that every week when replays are checked its always about whether a person managed to keep 2 wheels on the rumble strips yet 95% of the car is on the grass.

I'm looking at the photos in EDK's post above (and some other pics in this thread) and they make me cringe a little bit. I hardly ever try to go onto the grass in order to make up time, I'd use the rumble strips/concrete to full advantage. In my opinon the grass isn't a part of the track so you should not be on it no matter how many wheels are on the rumble strips.

If I had it my way, if you put any wheel on the grass then your lap would be deemed dirty and that would be that. It would probably make things a lot easier around here!

I know I'm a newbie around here and this has probably been discussed before but its my only major problem I have with the WRS. Now onto Week 35!

IMO as long as everyone knows the rules it's fair. BTW, I usually don't get that close on purpose either as I don't have the skill to manage 6 inches. Would be interesting with spec II if the requirement was to set the grip reduction off track to "real" as that would at least make the grass slippery to discourage going absolutely on the edge... but that setting is not verifiable as far as I know so hands are tied.

These discussions really belong in the pitbox or suggestions thread so I'll stop there.

Congrats to all the winners and podium finishers!

My lap (NTSC)

Attachments

• GTP_gooners_17.zip
    314.8 KB · Views: 11
Here is my wk 34 replay

Take a ride with Lefty 👍

Attachments

• GTP_LeftyWright_WRS-WK34 NTSC USA.zip
    316 KB · Views: 8
I'd like an admin to watch these pics of a replay and give his thoughts

This one is taken with the in-game camera

markyboy2.jpg

And this pic is taken from a print screen through my PC.
Without my HD PVR I could also just have taken my camera to take a pic of the tv.

markyboy.jpg

These both pictures are the same frame in the replay but somehow when you take the picture in the game the curbs are lengthened and the car seems clean again.
IMO it's a dirty replay but if I'm told otherwise, for who knows what reason, then so be it.

The camera shows the frozen picture and the when taken a picture it shows a moment before it.
That's about 0.020 seconds before the time shown on frozen timer.

You need to freeze the game where the front tire is coming back on tarmac and then go take the picture for the moment just before.
This way you should see clearly if there was 3 wheel off. .tup:

EDIT: I agree , last picture shows 3 wheel off.

EDIT2: For a perfect shot , you'd need to freeze the replay between 1'25.469 and .485 for the 3 wheel off. (GTP_Markyboy's replay)
At .469 (when pictured) the right front wheel is on grass just exiting the rumble.
And at .485 (when pictured) the wheel is coming back to tarmac.
So at .47x the right front would be seen completely on grass.

MadMax

Last edited:
Here is my wk 34 replay

Take a ride with Lefty 👍

6---1'58.782---GTP_LeftyWright

Correct time and tires.

I decided to take a ride with Lefty...I was expecting a wild ride. Nope. Your one smooth driver. Not even one place I had to pause the replay to check and see you made it thru with at least two wheels on. Your replay is super pristine clean.

My only advice to you is to take a ride on the wild side. Get closer to the ultimate edge with just 2 wheels on....is this how you always drive in GT5? I really am suprised your not crazy wild behind the wheel.:)

Last edited:
Speedy, as MadMax said the game actually snaps a picture of the moment just before where you paused the replay. Gets really annoying when you try to take a picture of a 300km/h sauber. ;) That lap is definitely dirty.

My own fault, poor week by me not only did i not get to my potential but i also submitted with a dirty lap, fair is fair, invalid is invalid, kicking myself.

Both laps are dirty in exactly the same spot my best lap was, though by a hair more each.

Makes me glad I spent half an hour going over and over and over my replay, even if I didn't have to submit a replay this time.
I want to be nice, and say it's unfortunate luck, but luck isn't really supposed to be a factor in whether a submitted lap is clean.

Check check check check guys.:cheers:

Actually, I see this puts me on the podium, shall I upload my replay?

Both laps are dirty in exactly the same spot my best lap was, though by a hair more each.
Makes me glad I spent half an hour going over and over and over my replay, even if I didn't have to submit a replay this time.
I want to be nice, and say it's unfortunate luck, but luck isn't really supposed to be a factor in whether a submitted lap is clean.
Check check check check guys.:cheers:
Actually, I see this puts me on the podium, shall I upload my replay?

Entering the busstop was tough. Maintaining as much speed as possible made it hard, very hard.
Too bad two dirty laps were submitted this week. Like you said CSL, check check check check your replay. It took me about ten replay restarts to get it paused at the exact spot.

If you submit your replay, I'll ask Dan (DDiamond) to upload it and then I'll re-render the podium vid with your replay included ;)

I know I'm not NTSC but CLS' replay really didn't need any pauses to see it's clean 👍
5---1'57.280---GTP_CSL

Revised Podium vid is here

My Replay, sorry about the delay.

Finally got a view of the first turn in the bus stop. I missed it by an inch, sorry for the submittal, withdraw!

NTSC

Last edited by a moderator:
My Replay, sorry about the delay.

Finally got a view of the first turn in the bus stop. I missed it by an inch, sorry for the submittal, withdraw!

NTSC

What are you talking about? I was just ready to give you a green flag I cant see what you mean. You are no where near being dirty on the first corner of the bustop your 2 outside wheels stay on the asphalt the whole time. They never even touch the rumble. They dont even get within 3/4s of the cars width to getting dirty.

Your no doubt in my mind at all clean on your whole lap...I will super duper check it now. If your definitly dirty someone else better watch Leftys replay for me.

Edit: Nope. Your clean everywhere I think. Could you provide some pics of just how exactly your dirty and where it is on the track?

Last edited:
I decided to take a ride with Lefty...I was expecting a wild ride. Nope. Your one smooth driver. Not even one place I had to pause the replay to check and see you made it thru with at least two wheels on. Your replay is super pristine clean.

My only advice to you is to take a ride on the wild side. Get closer to the ultimate edge with just 2 wheels on....is this how you always drive in GT5? I really am suprised your not crazy wild behind the wheel.:)

Because I use A/T my lines have to be Go-kart clean, in other words I don't use varriable conditions of down shifting to try to trim my corners. My lines have to be so clean and smoth or the A/T won't be competitive.

If you want to see what close looks like check out my Monaco replay, were talking feeler guage stuff :lol:

Last edited:
I did'nt ever get a view with the front wheel actually on the grass, but the trajectory looked like it was headed that way, and the race stewards say if not positive..... I sure am glad that we can rewind in spec 2. If you think its clean, I will concur. thanks Jack5428

Last edited:
I did'nt ever get a view with the front wheel actually on the grass, but the trajectory looked like it was headed that way, and the race stewards say if not positive..... I sure am glad that we can rewind in spec 2. If you think its clean, I will concur. thanks Jack5428

Im going to check it yet again and later today before I give you a green flag so I can swear on a stack of bibles in a court of law with no doubt whatsoever in my mind you were definitly clean thru every single corner Race_Ryder.:)

I would swear right now but maybe I missed something. I am human.

Also your trajectories and how you attacked the busstop was exactly how you must do it. You drift sideways around the rumble apexes and they throw you sideways as your going forward at the same time. The angle of attack when you pause as you first hit them will look like no way in heck could you make it thru clean even when you no doubt do make it thru clean with alot of room to spare.

Edit: I will figure out how to provide a pic of how you took the first apex of the bustop and then try to tell you how. lol

Many thanks for all the effort Jack5428, I understand the slide to the right, I just can't get the exact moment.

I know I'm not NTSC but CLS' replay really didn't need any pauses to see it's clean 👍
5---1'57.280---GTP_CSL

Revised Podium vid is here

Sorry, didn't realize the replay needed to be checked as well or I would have done an "NTSC" check.

Back