GTP_WRS Week 34 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 111 comments
3---2'00.724---GTP_RaceRyder
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Its clean. Time and tires correct.

This is a picture of GTP_RaceRyders replay coming off the end of the rumble on the first corner of the busstop in the same place that Dholland and Markyboy were found to have not made it thru cleanly.

RoadCourse-Daytona.jpg

Is there a different corner you had concerns over Race Ryder? Theres no doubt at all you went thru this corner clean.:)

To post this picture I snapped a photo in photomode. I then had to hit x to save it. Then I went to photoalbum on the GT life menu. I found the picture and exported it to the XMB. I then went to my pictures on the xmb and found the pic and copied it to my memory stick. Took it from the memory stick and got it into my documents on my PC. I made a photobucket.com account for free. They will host your images. I uploaded the pic to photobucket. I then copied this... http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/jack5428/RoadCourse-Daytona.jpg ....but with the tags at each end and pasted it into this thread. You just click on the lowest one below your picture in your photobucket photo album and it automatically copies it for you. Paste it in the post.

Its sounds complex and may take you some time the first time to get it figured out but its not really that comlex an operation. Feel free to PM me with any questions about how.

Last edited:
Jack5428 I am so sorry, the replay I was looking at was a dirty run not the one you viewed. I was looking at a 2'00.483 replay. I promise this will not happen again. Thanks for the picture import info.

Jack5428 I am so sorry, the replay I was looking at was a dirty run not the one you viewed. I was looking at a 2'00.483 replay. I promise this will not happen again. Thanks for the picture import info.

No problem. Im willing to go the extra mile for my WRS brothers if needed.:)

I was just trying to figure out how you couldnt see you were clean thru there when you obviously know its ok to run 2 wheels on the grass but you were worried in that corner about not having four wheels on tarmac it seemed.:)

To post this picture I snapped a photo in photomode. I then had to hit x to save it. Then I went to photoalbum on the GT life menu. I found the picture and exported it to the XMB. I then went to my pictures on the xmb and found the pic and copied it to my memory stick. Took it from the memory stick and got it into my documents on my PC. I made a photobucket.com account for free. They will host your images. I uploaded the pic to photobucket. I then copied this... http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/jack5428/RoadCourse-Daytona.jpg ....but with the tags at each end and pasted it into this thread. You just click on the lowest one below your picture in your photobucket photo album and it automatically copies it for you. Paste it in the post.

Its sounds complex and may take you some time the first time to get it figured out but its not really that comlex an operation. Feel free to PM me with any questions about how.[/QUOTE]

There's another way if you don't want to use your memory stick.
Go to the pic in the game and set it online (share with friends).
Then you can go to [url]www.gran-turismo.com[/url] on your pc. Click on myGT5home in the upper right corner, and login with your GTP_tag account.
There you can view the pic you just set online. Right click on it and save it.
The rest is like jack said. Upload it to your photobucket or imageshack or wathever you use.

There's another way if you don't want to use your memory stick.
Go to the pic in the game and set it online (share with friends).
Then you can go to www.gran-turismo.com on your pc. Click on myGT5home in the upper right corner, and login with your GTP_tag account.
There you can view the pic you just set online. Right click on it and save it.
The rest is like jack said. Upload it to your photobucket or imageshack or wathever you use.

I didn't know you could do it this way either and I've always used the USB drive method. Nice tip. 👍

Thanks Speedy6543

I didn't know you could do it this way either and I've always used the USB drive method. Nice tip. 👍

You're welcome ;)
I use it always if it's just for a couple of pics.
The only thing is you can only put 10 pics online.
When full, you need to take pics offline to be able to put others (the ones you need) online again.

Maybe a bit off topic but do you experience any quality loss transferring from PS3 to PC?
When I snap a photo they look so nice (sometimes) on tv but on the pc it just looks 'meh'

Maybe a bit off topic but do you experience any quality loss transferring from PS3 to PC?
When I snap a photo they look so nice (sometimes) on tv but on the pc it just looks 'meh'

What specs are you seeing when you open it up in something like PhotoShop? I always workum over w/ something before I post them so there manageable.

My shuttertime (or how do you say it in english) is on 1/8000 sec instead of the default 1/250 sec. Makes the pics less blurry.
Res is 1920x1080 and on 16:9
ghgsjeiuffseewojup0.jpg

iworq8nvfvseca6jvx0.jpg

My shuttertime (or how do you say it in english) is on 1/8000 sec instead of the default 1/250 sec. Makes the pics less blurry.
Res is 1920x1080 and on 16:9

I normally use at least 1/2000 when doing the photos for the threads. Sometimes, a lower resolution creates a desired effect, but the default is almost never the right resolution.

Using the square button to "Auto Focus" really helps also, if you are not doing that.

EDK
Using the square button to "Auto Focus" really helps also, if you are not doing that.

👍
Forgot to do that in pics above, but normally I always use the (square) auto focus.

For in race photos I keep shutter speed to 60 or 120 and set panning mode 3 to snap shots, but the photos just seem darker and overal less quality then they do when I see it on the PS3

@ Lefty: I never paid attention to that, haven't used photoshop except for cutting out the leaderboard pics.

For in race photos I keep shutter speed to 60 or 120 and set panning mode 3 to snap shots, but the photos just seem darker and overal less quality then they do when I see it on the PS3

@ Lefty: I never paid attention to that, haven't used photoshop except for cutting out the leaderboard pics.

👍 One thing I like about the slower shutter speed is it gives you a real sense of speed. With your 2nd picture I feel like I should lean forward and get ready to turn into the next corner.

I know I'm not NTSC but CLS' replay really didn't need any pauses to see it's clean 👍
5---1'57.280---GTP_CSL

Revised Podium vid is here

Thanks for checking, the vids every week, and the nifty tip on sharing photos, sounds much easier then carrying my usb stick around.👍

Edit: For "close call pics" I always set the options at max (highest), such as 1/8000, and then square for auto focus, ever since my pics at Laguna came out so poorly.

Thank you (Lucas right?)
Yeah it just got overlooked lol.

It's pretty clean anyways :sly:

That's right, just like the Corey Haim movie from the 80's! :dopey:

3---1'58.192---GTP_gooners_17

Clean, time & tires correct. One hell of a lap, congrats on the podium. 👍

3---1'58.192---GTP_gooners_17

Time and tires correct. A clean lap.

Cant give you much advice your dang near as fast as I am with a DS3.

I saw some red front tires on your replay twice. You might have lost some time there...I cant say for sure. I mean if you took that corner faster than you ever did even tho the tires lit up then how can I say you lost time...you know what I mean.:)

Edit: Looks like you get the double seal of approval this time with 2 guys reviewing your lap Gooners. lol

Haha thank you Lucas and Jack! Makes me feel special. :lol:

Yeah I had to read it 3 times before I figure out what you meant lol :dunce:

Podiums D3, D4, D5 for Wk 34 are post on the video page.

Kudos to all!

My schedule, work and personal, has really taken a toll of late. If somebody [pretty sure there are many that can do NTSC vids] wants to step up and take over doing the NTSC vid podiums where applicable, i.e., and also supplying Speedy with his NTSC vids for appropriate podiums when needed, is welcome to do so.

Thanks for the "thanks" that drivers have given in the past for past podiums.

Dan

P.S. I am still considering my original thought of just doing special vids in the future.....when time permits.

Back