GTP_WRS Week 38 : Roamin' Ponies

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 236 comments
That is correct. You can post splits from any and all of them, though.
Thanks for responding so quickly, because for one, it will be interesting as it is able to extract each of the different cars, from what I've read here the Camaro is the most docile, but is also the least powerful, we'll see the other ....

Less grip but more power with shelby, very funny also, I got down approximately 0.4 tenths, but I guess there is something else to scratch yet ...
Now try "the boss", as they call it around here, seems very powerful, it looks great.
with shelby these are my partial:

First splits with the Camaro. Continuing on the "Slower than Usual" weeks. Any other DS3 users going through this? Or am I really going soft here?? :ill:

First splits with the Camaro. Continuing on the "Slower than Usual" weeks. Any other DS3 users going through this?
Isn't it a bit early to... despair? I'm sure some of my best results came after a slow start, although it's more motivating to have early promise.

Heading to the track now.

I'm very slow out of the gates every week, and this week I'm about 3x as slow. I don't worry about it too much--I know it's going to take me a while to learn the track and get used to the handling of these cars...it'll be Friday and Saturday before I start to worry about where my times are stacking up on the leader board.

A lot of times when my times are slow, I don't worry so much about getting faster but instead I worry about getting comfortable driving the car. I will on occasion shut off the ghost and the time display for a brief stint, just to get focused on the feel of the car.

Isn't it a bit early to... despair? I'm sure some of my best results came after a slow start, although it's more motivating to have early promise.

Heading to the track now.

Nah, despair is hardly the word my friend! :D Just that since the big update I've lost another half a second out there and I wanted to see if anyone else felt that too.

Nah, despair is hardly the word my friend! :D Just that since the big update I've lost another half a second out there and I wanted to see if anyone else felt that too.

Ahhh...the update. Yeah I notice on some combos I still don't think I have quite the feel on the tires as before. Heavy car on low quality tires certainly fits that bill. Is your controller sensitivity on 7? If not you might give that a try.

Yeah there isn't really much feel on this slippery track. I tried all three cars but I'm slow with all of them (mid 54s T2).
Can't decide which car to pick. I might have to go with the popular Camaro as I don't have the skill to tame the Challenger or patience to wait for the GT350 to turn :)

That first sector gave me something to chew on - still does - but at least I managed a lap where I only do a left-right-right motion with the steering wheel (indicated by the replay) to get past the Bandiera & Bedetti (watches) building. As opposed to the "very busy" routine just moments earlier.

First splits with the Camaro. Continuing on the "Slower than Usual" weeks. Any other DS3 users going through this? Or am I really going soft here?? :ill:
There was a seasonal at Rome reverse a couple of months ago so I think that helped me get up to speed pretty quick. The key to this (and any city circuit) is to use all the available track, I've found if I'm off line my ghost walks away. Also, on this track the hardest corner is the kink just after T1. Each car can do it pretty well but keeping speed through there is important. I brake on or just after the 100m marker and then turn in earlier than you'd think, you should be able to get back on the gas on the apex of the left kink if you get it right and then miss the right kink wall by a couple of millimetres :)

There was a seasonal at Rome reverse a couple of months ago so I think that helped me get up to speed pretty quick. The key to this (and any city circuit) is to use all the available track, I've found if I'm off line my ghost walks away. Also, on this track the hardest corner is the kink just after T1. Each car can do it pretty well but keeping speed through there is important. I brake on or just after the 100m marker and then turn in earlier than you'd think, you should be able to get back on the gas on the apex of the left kink if you get it right and then miss the right kink wall by a couple of millimetres :)

I have vivid memories of the wall on the right kink (a lot of kissing but no love involved) :P Also i cant figure out how to handle the sharp left at the end of the straight in t2 seems I have to wait for ages to get back on the throttle again. Everytime I get in there with a bit more ambition its like somebody shoots one of the rear tires.

I have vivid memories of the wall on the right kink (a lot of kissing but no love involved) :P Also i cant figure out how to handle the sharp left at the end of the straight in t2 seems I have to wait for ages to get back on the throttle again. Everytime I get in there with a bit more ambition its like somebody shoots one of the rear tires.
Yeah it does take some careful throttle coming out of that corner, there are quite a lot of shadows over the road leading into that corner and I've found one that works as a brake point for each of the cars but I can't remember or even explain them easily. I do drive with the driving line on so it helps when identifying the shadow to brake at for me. If I can get back on to half throttle pretty much on the apex of that corner I feel like I've taken it well, I'm not usually on full throttle until midway along the right rumble strip on exit.

This combo reminds me of when there wasn't enough experts to fill out the 125, 250, or open class and we all got lumped in to one race with all the different size bikes. The Shelby is like a pipey 125 and the Camaro is like an under powered 250 with the Mopar representing the open class.

I'm roostying the Shelby as that thing just wheelies away down the straight away. Fun combo 👍

After fighting for hundreds and thousands (mmmmmmm...fairy bread!) I pulled this miracle lap out of nowhere:

...for a gain of just over 0.3 at the line...giddy up! 👍

Like I did back in this post, I figured since the missus and I hit Rome during our honeymoon last year I'd include another Game vs. Reality picture:

Untitled-1.png

And you can probably now guess which car I posted my submitted lap in :sly:👍

Last edited:
Great combo, thank you guys.:cheers: I had a fun time last night trying to chase each car, and deal with their differences . As with most, seems the camaro is giving me my fastest lap, but I am surprised how much I like driving the Shelby. Hopefully later in the week I can post splits with it but we'll see.:lol:

Camaro

Last edited:

Done in the Camaro. Definitely a little more time in there. I'm very consistent with the first sector, but after that it can be a bit of a toss up. The left-hander at the beginning of sector 2 is particularly nasty. Very fun combo 👍

I guess my question is absurd, but at the first corner there is plenty of space between the wall and the piano, and the circuit of Speed Ring, in the last curve, the posted fastest lap in the car he was getting completely to the sidewalk on the right to start the line, I assumed that exceeded the limit circuit, then I saw that not, here, in Rome does the same in the first curve? do cannot be the piano right? I have not used it, but I see much difference with my time at the first split, and I don't know where get you

Back